Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

how does monster rancher advance generate monsters

Curious about this as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is what Wikipedia says: Similar to the other Monster Rancher games, gameplay revolves around creating, raising, and fighting monsters. Due to the Game Boy Advance's limitations, players do not generate monsters by inserting disks into the console, but typing characters. Players can also create new monsters by combining 2 existing ones, just like the PlayStation versions. One of the differences between this and earlier Monster Ranchers is that Dino has been replaced with Zumms, as well as several species, such as Monols, having been omitted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I consciously decided to never ever play MMOs thankfully.

Same here but I had to lost a lot of my life to it first. Ah well, it's all about learning from your mistakes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's the only Monster Rancher game I played and I only saw one episode of the show so I'm not the guy to ask, especially since I only played it in Japanese. lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
monster rancher 2 was really good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's become impossible for me to truly lose my life to a MMO due to my lack of patience and always being aware of how truly little time there is for anything so I don't mind playing them, it's like playing a slightly more expensive any other kind of game to me, at this point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

This is what Wikipedia says: Similar to the other Monster Rancher games, gameplay revolves around creating, raising, and fighting monsters. Due to the Game Boy Advance's limitations, players do not generate monsters by inserting disks into the console, but typing characters. Players can also create new monsters by combining 2 existing ones, just like the PlayStation versions. One of the differences between this and earlier Monster Ranchers is that Dino has been replaced with Zumms, as well as several species, such as Monols, having been omitted.

So you could generate a monster from the phrase rear end or gently caress. Awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

So you could generate a monster from the phrase rear end or gently caress. Awesome

Probably but I just typed things that looked like a Tree or a Hay Bale or spaghetti.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Probably but I just typed things that looked like a Tree or a Hay Bale or spaghetti.

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

friend: i think im gonna invest $35 in the LoadOut Founders pack
me: *jackie chan face*
my favorite part of loadout was when they put out a co-op mode in beta... then pulled it from the pc version, made it exclusive to the ps4 version, and outright fired the pc version dev team

then they seemingly went bust, but at least one server's still up somewhere?!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont know anything about loudout except you have to be an insane idiot to look at it and decide to play it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i dont know anything about loudout except you have to be an insane idiot to look at it and decide to play it

I made a lightning gun from Quake except it shoots infinite range and people are a thousand times more likely to think your hacking.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm surprised there's still things to say about Loadout other than the company went out of business and/or only 3 people play the game anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think theres a newer example of a lovely f2p fps i should have used but i dont know it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

preordered battlefront season pass dark side edition ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

preordered battlefront season pass dark side edition ftw

*Exhales Disturbedly*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gun customization in Loadout was actually fairly cool but because it was a F2P game you weren't allowed to actually have fun with it, just see that it existed and hope you have enough Crystals to spend after you play for 50 hours or whatever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

how does monster rancher advance generate monsters

You wrote passwords

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Same here, even though I never play them for more than a cursory glance

Same... I bought CK2's Horse Lords and EU4's Common Sense the day they came out and I don't think I've actually played either game since. Those Swedes have me by the balls.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Same... I bought CK2's Horse Lords and EU4's Common Sense the day they came out and I don't think I've actually played either game since. Those Swedes have me by the balls.

Same here but every DLC for every map game dating back about a year and a half now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Monster Rancher DS let you draw the touchscreen and I made a big hairy peinis and somehow it summoned a suezo with lipstick and a wig

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You wrote passwords

lmfao I knew you of all people would probably be the other guy that played Monster Rancher GBA.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Monster Rancher DS let you draw the touchscreen and I made a big hairy peinis and somehow it summoned a suezo with lipstick and a wig

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmfao I knew you of all people would probably be the other guy that played Monster Rancher GBA.

Dude it was one of my top 5 GBA emulated games, alongside FFTA, the Jurassic Park builder game, Megaman Zero 2 and Pokemon Emerald

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the Jurassic Park builder game

:kreygasm:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Except I rented that game for real instead of emulating it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Except I rented that game for real instead of emulating it.

you could rent GBA games?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I played Monster Rancher Advance 2... I liked it a lot but the only thing I really remember is getting really upset when my Antlan died or "retired" or whatever they do in old age.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

you could rent GBA games?

I did, from either Sounds Easy Video Store or BlockBuster in Lewiston, ME many years ago.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I only had the original monster rancher on PSX and I remember a duran duran or INXS album giving me really good results

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My first GBA games under the tree at Xmas were Wario Land 4, and this which was actually a GBC game.

I wasn't a wrestling fan even the least bit at the time and wouldn't be for another uhh 12 years I think, for context.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wasn't this an actual storyline in WWF and I thought HHH was the kidnapper. So are you playing as the kidnapper himself. That's kind of epic, if so. Or maybe it's just alternate universe WWF I guess.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

Yeah but I don't know man. I don't know what kind of gamer I am anymore, frankly.

Same, I have a hard time re-capturing those old gamer feels. Seems like the most fun I have these days is with mapgames but sometimes those are just too much of a time investment.

I think the last time I went through a game feeling a sense of wonder and anticipation was years ago when I played through Cave Story. Cities Skylines came close but the Steam workshop ruined it for me, last time I tried to play I spent an hour downloading mods and then played the game for five minutes before shutting it off

I keep thinking someday a game will come along with the magic bullet that just does it all for me but that is probably unrealistic. If someone made a game like CK2 but with real-time battles a la Mount & Blade I might abandon my family and become a shut-in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a lot of Amazing Island even though the minigames sucked rear end because I spent a long time making huge flying dicks to break all the course records on my cousin's memory card.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jerkops posted:

Same, I have a hard time re-capturing those old gamer feels. Seems like the most fun I have these days is with mapgames but sometimes those are just too much of a time investment.

I think the last time I went through a game feeling a sense of wonder and anticipation was years ago when I played through Cave Story. Cities Skylines came close but the Steam workshop ruined it for me, last time I tried to play I spent an hour downloading mods and then played the game for five minutes before shutting it off

I keep thinking someday a game will come along with the magic bullet that just does it all for me but that is probably unrealistic. If someone made a game like CK2 but with real-time battles a la Mount & Blade I might abandon my family and become a shut-in

Lords of the Realm is close to that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

My first GBA games under the tree at Xmas were Wario Land 4, and this which was actually a GBC game.

I wasn't a wrestling fan even the least bit at the time and wouldn't be for another uhh 12 years I think, for context.
wayforward did a lot of weird licensed stuff while trying to convince someone - anyone - to pay them to make games about genies that nobody would buy until like a decade later

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
we had a gameboy and 1 game and it was megaman ii, so that one

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i played ff11 until level 20 when you get a chocobo. you needed to like log in 5 times throughout a day and feed it to unlock it. i did so, and then never used it or logged in again

i palyed ffxi for three years and probably did the chocobo quest on like four or five different characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

i palyed ffxi for three years and probably did the chocobo quest on like four or five different characters

i dont think that was what got me to stop playing, i wasnt annoyed or fed up by having to log in throughout the day, i was just done and i guess unlocking a chocobo was my last goal to cling to

• Locked thread