Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Clearly they are just big dorks. How could anyone like that be dangerous?

Ownership of firearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Jarmak posted:

Has there been a basis for expecting anyone with pro-cop leanings is going to be given a free pass to shoot black people without prosecution?

The Southern United States from 1776 - 19(whenever hand held video cameras were ubiquitous).

The north too, though slightly less blatant.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Jarmak posted:

Yeah if he had intentionally shot him that would be the case, but the action we're talking about here is pulling his firearm. So to pierce QI you'd have show not only that the act of pulling his weapon violated the guy's rights, but that no reasonable officer could have thought it was legal for him to do so, an argument that would be defeated with 30 second and access to youtube.

To be honest, "Other cops do it all the time" should not be a valid defense.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Murderion posted:

Did they mean to make it sound like something completely different?

"I'm so sorry, that's never happened to me before."

"Don't worry... studies show... 3 in 10 officers have problems with... premature discharge."
*dies sexually unsatisfied*

Why do you think so many of their wives leave them? :rimshot:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Why shouldn't a prosecutor hire expert witnesses to testify to a GJ about precedent or complex legal issues?

It's the prosecutor's job to make the state's case, not to convince a jury one isn't required.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
I'm wondering how long it's going to take for reprisal attacks on individuals responsible to start, and the subsequent use of masks on police like the third world does. If something isn't done soon in the legal sense by the Feds, that's where I see it going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

osirisisdead posted:

That's basic military propaganda of dehumanization of the enemy... Police militarization isn't about the guns. It's about the ideas.

Did you know that in 1985, the Philly PD dropped bombs from a helicopter on a radical commune and ALSO burned down more than 60 neighboring homes? I didn't until recently!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nsKDJlpUbA

Jesus Christ. "Seen as a terrorist organization." For what? I see no mention of actual terrorism in the article, and the only bombing done was by the loving police. The only thing those people seemed to be guilty (prior to the police instigated shooting in 1978) of was being obnoxious with bullhorns, disturbing the peace and/or sound ordinances.

• Locked thread