Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
selec
Sep 6, 2003

semper wifi posted:

Well because what evidence there is points to the protesters escalating things, not the shooters, but I figured I wouldn't take sides so early on.

Just post to the link to the video and blow your load already, that anticipation boner is unseemly.

These guys got what they came for, it's just that when they actually realized in the moment what the reality of what it is they were getting was, they shot some folks and ran for it. This is after they shared that juvenile pump-up video. I think it's likely a walk for the prosecutors. These people don't have to be made to look crazy, they did all that work for themselves. The guy's own cop buddy basically described him as a crazed racist sovereign citizen in the politest way possible. The trial, if there is an ounce of justice in this world, is going to be loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Silver Nitrate posted:

I would like to read what the cop friend said about the shooter. Do you have a link?

http://www.hennepinattorney.org/~/media/Attorney/NEWS/2015/scarsella-allen-cplt.pdf?la=en

"During the early hours of November 24, 2015, investigators learned that a police officer from a police
agency outside the Twin Cities was personally acquainted with Scarsella. This officer received a phone call
from Scarsella on November 24, 2015 around 1:00 a.m. Scarsella told him he had just shot 5 people. The
officer encouraged Scarsella to turn himself in and to also turn his guns over to police. The officer was
aware that Scarsella owned and carried guns and that he had very intense opinions, which the officer
described as being a sovereign citizen and pro-Constitution. He knew that Scarsella had negative
experiences with and opinions about African Americans."

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Waco Panty Raid posted:

What are you talking about? He was clearly reacting before the car stopped.

Pretty much anything other than reaching towards the realistic looking toy gun in his waistband would have been better.

At the end of the day, thank god somebody is doing the Lord's work of explaining why twelve year olds with legal toys are shot by cops who go on to lie about their Perfectly Justified Shoot on their reports.

On the real though, I'm pleading with the other reasonable posters to just block WPR. Why argue with monsters? Why lower ourselves to this? He thinks a twelve year old got himself shot, and refuses to acknowledge the lies on the reports that were filed on this totally legit shooting.

Let's exercise some collective decency folks, and use the tools we have available. Shun this fucker. He had no power over us if we cannot see his lies, misrepresentations and barely-concealed contempt for black lives. Be better than that. You won't change his mind, and the only thing we can hope for is that getting no responses, he goes away. Do the right thing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

This was written about the officer who shot Tamir:

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/681667554444742656

Good thing he went on to prove that assessment wro--ohhhh gently caress.

• Locked thread