Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Radbot posted:

Those charges are a good thing. If we've learned anything from the past few years, it's that charges that seem aggressive are usually just the DA trying to get an acquittal.
Yeah. It honestly looks like those morons are going to see some time. Much better than your normal shitshow of take forever to bring charges and then let them weasel out of any real punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Jarmak posted:

This is egregiously disingenuous, in the last page two people have explicitly stated that cops should be punished/fired for unsubstantiated complaints if there's enough of them, and about three others have chipped in to support them by arguing that's how everyone else's job works.
The complaints are only unsubstantiated because lazy welfare queen cops don't do their jobs to actually substantiate them.

Keep in mind when some of the cops cited in this thread are literal pedophile rapist I don't know why anyone else other than another pedophile rapist would leave them on duty to abuse more people & kids.

You can suspend cops and investigate them. Its not an all or nothing thing.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Pohl posted:

I'm not sure I have a big issue with this case. I'm also pleasantly surprised that the cops first instinct after having shot the man was to provide first aid.
It would have been better if he hadn't shot him, but at least there seems to be some rationality behind the shooting. Then he didn't just handcuff the guy and wait for him to die, so I can't be too outraged by this.
I can, the guy is just walking along and gets shot. He doesn't even seem to notice the officer until he is about 5 feet from him where he probably flinches after seeing a gun pointed at him.

Not sure what the victim could have done to make the situation any better other than have the luck that some retard behind a badge doesn't answer the call.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Got it. Shoot to kill at all times.

That is not how this works. Go watch the video and shut the gently caress up about him pointing a gun at anyone until you do so.

Meanwhile, Old white woman goes to a police station, points a gun at civilians and officers, says "What are you doing? Shoot me!" & "What are you, scared?".

They took her in alive. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-points-bb-gun-cops-yelling-boom-boom-boom-article-1.2477494

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

And then lied about it in their report.
This in itself should be grounds for dismissal, combined with their work history (they sound like they are rejects from a Police Academy sequel, crying because the gun range? & the other going Tackleberry on a woman who called them because her car was being blocked?).

• Locked thread