Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Dessert Rose posted:

I really can't wait for the current arena to be over. I've got 26 wins so far, I'm easily going to end in Plat. Then I'll get three G2 boosters...

Also, Druid: Tarlach is probably my favorite card that I own. He completely regenerates when he switches forms, so he's hard to kill without targeting him. I tend to use my removal to cover him when he's about to die to a creature.

Plus those glasses :swoon:

This is why I love goblin: dragon trainer. He's a 7/18 at level 2 that changes to 12/22 when you have 6 gold. Since his transformation is based on your gold you can easily change back and forth for that sweet heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
I find I'm still trying to figure out when to be aggressive, or play just ahead of the opponent. I feel like going aggressive and spending mana as fast as I can winds up in getting ahead, then promptly destroyed by a board clearing card. Leaving me without mana, and more expensive cards after rez sickness. Feels like the same issue in Hearthstone where kill cards can be kind due to no counterspell mechanics.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Notes on the Mutant card section of the OP:

You can play them at level one, or at least my white Elf Hero Tryst -1 can be. Also, a +1 played when you are level 3 will actually be level 4 and scale accordingly. Example:

I've been playing this about a week now and the arena already has me pretty burned out on this. Seems like if you want plat in the draft arena you need to play a lot of drat matches.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

Jibo posted:

I've been playing this about a week now and the arena already has me pretty burned out on this. Seems like if you want plat in the draft arena you need to play a lot of drat matches.

There is a cap, but you have to play 10-15 a day the whole time, yeah.

I gather it used to be worse because there was no cap so if you wanted any rewards you had to play a lot more to compete with people who have nothing better to do all day.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
From what I gather your deck has to also be easily managed by the AI which makes it pretty tough to stay ahead with the 10 game limit. It seems like situational cards don't work well at all even if you were able to make some deck synergy when using them manually.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I'm in as duckfarts (gee), just starting and have no idea how i should make a deck

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

mirror123 posted:

From what I gather your deck has to also be easily managed by the AI which makes it pretty tough to stay ahead with the 10 game limit. It seems like situational cards don't work well at all even if you were able to make some deck synergy when using them manually.

You can switch cards out after you're done with the 10 games, then switch them back the next day, but that seems like kind of a pain in the rear end.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

duckfarts posted:

I'm in as duckfarts (gee), just starting and have no idea how i should make a deck
If it still lets you, choose the dark/gold deck. It's great for beginners and has stuff you can use for a while.

You can't go wrong with some cheap creatures, spells to remove creatures, some efficiently-coasted creatures, especially two-for-ones and a powerful bomb maybe 5-7 resources.

Creatures that will be really good for this:
Cheapos:
Skeleton
Goblin
Goblin Archer (unless you throw bombs. This guy kills your own bombs but otherwise picks off enemies with low life.

Two-for-ones
Goblin Bomber explodes in enemy creature's face when dying
Vampire drains HP from whichever creature you put it in front of
Skeleton Knight summons a skeleton in it's place when killed

Efficient and Powerful
Barbarian
Dark Elf Archer
Alraune

There's more, but these come first to mind. Alraune is the only rarish one among them, but she is so effective I recommend chasing her. If I can unroot my phone I have an extra I can trade to you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mabinogi Duel: Titi will give your small deck a booster

Is it really not worthwhile to buy the other starter deck with gems when starting out? I went with the blue/white one if it makes a difference.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Bell_ posted:

If it still lets you, choose the dark/gold deck. It's great for beginners and has stuff you can use for a while.

Thanks for the help, and this in particular should be in OP maybe.

Mierenneuker posted:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I GOT SPECIAL ALRAUNE

E: AND NOw DARK MUTANT ALRAUNE this game is going to ruin me

winvirus fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 3, 2015

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

Is it really not worthwhile to buy the other starter deck with gems when starting out? I went with the blue/white one if it makes a difference.

Seventy gems for a bunch of commons you'll pick up from gold boosters is an awful, awful deal.

I got Dark Alraune+1 on my first try, I was pretty happy about that.

Remember to do the advanced missions! A free shot at opening a mutant is great. Even if you have to blow the 24 gems to get it.

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
In as ajon.

Is there a good guide somewhere for the draft arena? Sometimes it randomizes the off-color cards, sometimes just leaves them out.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I...is Alrune that good? I traded her to the cat guy for that 4* green that revives everyone and fills your battle field with them

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

DrManiac posted:

I...is Alrune that good? I traded her to the cat guy for that 4* green that revives everyone and fills your battle field with them

Yeah she's really good and that green spell is actually pretty trash. Sorry you got taken by scam cat.

All of the Ultimate spells are far too high cost, you'll never cast them unless you build your entire deck around getting them out.

e: just opened the game and scam cat wanted to trade me the white Ultimate that kills everyone and summons an immortal creature. cost 14 at level 1. ...for my Dark Alraune+1.

And he had the audacity to ask for more cards on top of that.

e2: Alraune+1 is extra good because her ability goes up to 2 vines/turn at level 3, so being able to get that out at level 2 is fantastic.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 3, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I opened an account quite a while ago when it soft launched but didn't play much but I never got to choose a starter deck, is this a recent thing? I have some 3* cards and a 4* but not really enough of anything for a viable deck, is it worth starting over to get the starter deck? I'm currently level 4.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think gem are better spend on the advance mission reward since you will know what you get and spend at most 24 gem.

Only pack that seem to worth the 30 gem so far is G2 because there's a lot of fun cards in there, but they are not newbie-friendly.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Nyaa posted:

I think gem are better spend on the advance mission reward since you will know what you get and spend at most 24 gem.

Only pack that seem to worth the 30 gem so far is G2 because there's a lot of fun cards in there, but they are not newbie-friendly.

If you're crazy and got one of the memberships, then buying the mutant packs that have good mutants in them is a good idea.

Same with G1+: sometimes the pack has a G1+ card you'd like as well as several other cards you could use.

Always be buying G2, for sure.

Wouldn't bother buying base G1 packs at this point though. You get them pretty easily from arenas anyway.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Alraune is bullshit. If you have it, run it. Can you get G2 coupons from the silver rookie arena? I keep getting the 10% off ones.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

DoubleWelp posted:

Alraune is bullshit. If you have it, run it. Can you get G2 coupons from the silver rookie arena? I keep getting the 10% off ones.

Gold and above will give you at least one G2 coupon. Gold gives 1, plat gives 2 + one G2 booster, champ gives 2 + 2, I think.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
:frogsiren:
Sell unwanted cards for gold, get rewards and gift rewards.
How many? I dunno, but I sold dozens of 1-2 star creatures (selling cards interface is not a hassle, you can dump up to 100 at once :P)

The spoils? G1 Mutant Booster, G1 Single Booster, G1+ Booster, Prerelease sale Booster and prerelease unlocks.

I can gift one of each, except for the unlock tickets where I have four. Claim 'em and I'll send them out. First come, first served. If you get something nice from selling 10 foxes, 13 skeletons, etc, I encourage you to do the same.

Oh yeah, and while I still haven't rooted my phone, if you're able to trade I probably have an Alraune available for you. Please don't trade her away. She's really, really good!

I don't recommend selling so much you don't have staples left to trade to folks, especially new goon players.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 4, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I got an Alarune from a G1 Special Card booster and now I actually have a full deck and winning Newbie Arena matches. Please add my username: Geektox to the OP, thanks!

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
I'll take that g1+ booster or mutant if you still have it. Ign Golluk.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would take the Alraune or the booster with Alraune or slime in it. Been wanting to try out my skeleton king.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Bell_ posted:

Sell unwanted cards for gold, get rewards and gift rewards.
How many? I dunno, but I sold dozens of 1-2 star creatures (selling cards interface is not a hassle, you can dump up to 100 at once :P)

The spoils? G1 Mutant Booster, G1 Single Booster, G1+ Booster, Prerelease sale Booster and prerelease unlocks.

I can gift one of each, except for the unlock tickets where I have four. Claim 'em and I'll send them out. First come, first served. If you get something nice from selling 10 foxes, 13 skeletons, etc, I encourage you to do the same.

Oh yeah, and while I still haven't rooted my phone, if you're able to trade I probably have an Alraune available for you. Please don't trade her away. She's really, really good!

I don't recommend selling so much you don't have staples left to trade to folks, especially new goon players.

I'll take whatever prerelease booster unlocks you have.

I sold a bunch of cards and got NOTHING. :mad:

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
I felt a bit silly when I saved up 15K gold for the membership, figured it was a bit better deal over just buying 15 gold boosters. Only to realize it was actually 150K gold for it. Nope!

Hmm, pretty sure summoning commission card is a bit buggy. It didn't activate when the computer summoned a ghost stalker.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 5, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah I sold a bunch of stuff and only got 30 xp. How many cards did you sell?

On the flip side I got the AA alrunes from my first draw of the pack. What green cards go with her? I'd imagine AOE buffs but the only green one I saw is that 3* wolf.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Golluk posted:

I felt a bit silly when I saved up 15K gold for the membership, figured it was a bit better deal over just buying 15 gold boosters. Only to realize it was actually 150K gold for it. Nope!

Welp.

I totally read that as 15K too.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I want to play with goons. username: TryThrice

Huge board clears seem really necessary in rookie arena at least. I got lucky and got a holy spear for a common off the cat merchant. Cheap removal like hunt and surprise attack, and value minions like boar or alraune seem good also. Just like any card game I guess.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
So there's a way to trade across continents and oceans without rooting your phone! :toot:

"ppmik from mabinogiduelforum.com posted:

Hey Guys,

I know a lot of you out there are having difficulties to trade with others because the current method requires the phone to be rooted.
But I actually found a way to trade without rooting the phone and it works for me so i decide to help out and share with the community.
It is not much different from the current spoofing method actually.

Step 1:
refer to previous trading guide and activate the 'developer options' tab. and turn on the 'Allow mock locations' option.

Step 2:
go to the location setting and set the location mode to 'device only'
(I have not tested with other options but I am assuming the other options might mess up the coordinates after. Please feel free to test it and let me know and i will update this guide accordingly)

Step 3:
download a fake gps app that does not crash after turning off 'Allow mock locations' option.
I believe this is the key difference from the rooting method. I've tried a few fake location apps but they all crashed after i turn off the 'Allow mock locations' option.

this is the app that i am using
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...akegps.fre

Step 4:
Use the fake gps app and set it to the other person's coordinate. The more accurate the coordinates are. the higher the success rate becomes.

Step 5:
Minimize the app and go back to 'developers option' and disable 'Allow mock locations' option.
(after disable the 'allow mock locations' option. I usually use another app that shows my current location to double check if I am at the right coordinates but this is optional)

Step 6:
That's it~
start soul linking and the trade option should be available Smile

Enjoy Trading~

--please note that this method is originated from another forum so I do not hold any credit. Just simply want to share it so everybody can start trading cards.
The bit in step 2 can mean making your device GPS-only under location settings for certain phones.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Dear Golluk,

Those are some pretty nice cards you have.
How much did you pay for them?

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Definitely something extra fun playing duels vs other goons.

EDIT: Actually, I did just put in 10 bucks for the monthly. Since I figured I've gotten 10 bucks worth of fun. I don't think I used any of them though. BellSA has been pretty generous with gold gifts as well.

drat, you sure put up a vicious fight Nyaa.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 5, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I was in the middle of tweaking my "good deck" when you invited. It's really only good for dailies.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Golluk posted:

drat, you sure put up a vicious fight Nyaa.
Yeah, let's fight again when I manage to build that skeleton king deck.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Decided to give the game a try; in as DavidSA.

Don't have much in the way of cards right now, but Draft Mode is pretty fun.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

It's somewhat hard to find information about this game. The game says you can play 10 times in the arena per day for each deck, but it actually resets at 7 am and 7 pm PST so you can play 20. It's not really obvious so it should probably go in the op.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
I'd like to second that saving 24 gems for the final draft and daily mission is a good idea. Lots of times there are 2 or 3, 2-4 star cards that are very nice.

Anyone figured out how to chat to people on your friends list? Or is that not a thing in game yet.

Edit: I really wish they had better wording on some of these cards.

Spinning of the Dark Soul: "Increase (Dark mana) by the number of (graveyard symbol)." What it doesn't mention, is that only creature cards in the graveyard count. Other spell cards do not. If you go into the card info page, it mentions "Cards you directly discard in the grave do not count".

Assassin: "At the beginning of the turn, if the enemy creature in front has the highest attack, kills it." What I missed, was this includes all cards, even the assassin card. So if the assassin has attack 5, and is in front of a 4 attack creature (only enemy one), it won't auto kill it.

Both are really making me reconsider using these cards.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 5, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Do they really expect people to win 20 internet duels in a single day for 2000 gold? It's hard enough to even FINISH that much games within 24 hours with how long some people take on their turns.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So the cat is offering me the following trade. I'm only considering it because you all were talking about Alraune being good earlier. My: Arrow of Revenge, Rain of Life, Magic Missle, and Goblin Gravekeeper for: Alraune and Feathers of Phoenix. Should I take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mierenneuker posted:

Do they really expect people to win 20 internet duels in a single day for 2000 gold?
I just forfeit 10 times to get that 1k gold. :v:

CompeAnansi posted:

So the cat is offering me the following trade. I'm only considering it because you all were talking about Alraune being good earlier. My: Arrow of Revenge, Rain of Life, Magic Missle, and Goblin Gravekeeper for: Alraune and Feathers of Phoenix. Should I take it?
That seem... Really good, but wait for Bell_ 's opinion.

• Locked thread