Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm hardly the expert, but I certainly would!

Trust me, you'll run into the cards you traded later, either from packs, trades or the 999 gold pull.

A couple things I notice in Veteran arena. Plays go from 10 to 15, and I can't seem to get higher than a five streak.

Also, 4 out of 5 games Alraune is the first thing the opponent drops. I would have a Hunt ready for it, but she is a staple card. Make sure you can deal with her, and expect everyone to be able to deal with yours. If you get Alraune+1, she tends to have just enough life to withstand spell damage early on.

Her vines like attack buffs and they also attract Thunder spells that wipe the enemy line.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Apparently arena plays don't reset at 7pm pst. Does anyone how it works?

e: is it 12 noon/midnight locally?

Arbitrary Number fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 6, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nyaa posted:

I just forfeit 10 times to get that 1k gold. :v:

Oh, I read it wrong. I have a "win 10 internet duels for a G1 booster challenge" and one that involves just playing 20. Here's hoping I run in to other noble conceders while win-trading :v:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Yeah sadly that was my only win with my all dark Deck

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Edited front page to include links to everyone's "stash" on that third party forum's site. Most of them don't work at the moment, since I linked to people's account names (even mine is different on the site so I had to change my own too)

If you have an account there and have a stash set up, let me know so I can properly link it and bold the link. If goons are trading with goons, I'd like to facilitate it as much as I can.

Also, good match yesterday, Arbitrary Number. I was plainly outplayed.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Edited front page to include links to everyone's "stash" on that third party forum's site. Most of them don't work at the moment, since I linked to people's account names (even mine is different on the site so I had to change my own too)

If you have an account there and have a stash set up, let me know so I can properly link it and bold the link. If goons are trading with goons, I'd like to facilitate it as much as I can.

Also, good match yesterday, Arbitrary Number. I was plainly outplayed.

It was a good game. Was close. The counterspell shenanigans surprised me.

I registered an account on that forum.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Found this game due to this thread, gave it a shot over the weekend and I like it!

In game name is Saim. How do I go about adding friends?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
In-game name is Tadders, add me if you want 3000 gold and 5 gems.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Added you both to OP. I'll fix it up tonight.

To add someone, put your finger on the left side of the screen and pull right. Then, just go to the friends tab and add your friends.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
What is gold even used for besides that single card pack or the overpriced subscription?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The other place that use gold are arena(25g), reroll radom draft(100, recharge 3 roll). I wish the retries would cost gold instead of gem.

The overpriced subscription is actually a good deal if you work out the math. 5 gem everyday for 28 days mean you are paying 1k gold per gem.

Edit: which makes that 30000 gold to open other pack of 5 cards for 6k gold each card... Uhh, still worth it i guess. I would save it for the advance mission reward instead, which is also 6k gold each.

Edit2: five card from normal pack would be 5k, so one extra k gold for better card pack is certainly worth it.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 7, 2015

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Quick note is that I can attest to the power of the G2 cards, so winning the arena stuff for coupons to get the prerelease cards will absolutely allow you to dominate anyone else. I just hit platinum in the rookie arena with careful use of Meteor and Angel: Orpheria to deal with those cheating rear end level 10 decks. Counterspell is also a ridiculously clutch card that denies the opposition from doing basically anything after that happens.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Can anyone who picked up the $24 membership give a trip report? Any remorse? I'm super tempted :/

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
I got it. It's really nice to see a really good mutant and blow a few rolls on it. Also I don't have to play 40 matches a day to get new cards, which is pretty sweet.

It's been worth it so far at least - if nothing else I feel that it's a nice donation for making such a great game.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So I haven't been able to beat the final daily mission, which sucks since I feel like I need those gems to help improve my card pool. Here are my current cards: http://mabinogiduelforum.com/mdstash.php?view=CompeAnansi

Does anyone have any suggestions for a deck that I could put together to give me a chance on the final mission? I also got gps spoofing up and running if anyone wants to toss some commons at me or propose a trade.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fox - Acid Monster - Alraune
Cemetery - Skeleton - Zombie - Death Sentence
Archer - Healer - Surprise Attack - Hero: Tyron

Maybe another Nature card just to discard it in your graveyard to get to Alraune? She's quite good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's generally a good idea to have a high cost boss monster for each color unless you plan to reuse certain card a lot like the death sentence or abuse the crap out of zombie's ability. So i would suggest putting a black color boss monster especially when you have a mana boost card like cemetery.

Edit: if you want to add card for the sake of getting certain color, put in a card that generate mana for that color instead.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 7, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Beyond re-using Death Sentence to deal with huge threats you've also got Zombie using Dark to return to the board. I didn't see room for a big threat there.
Edit: Oops, I didn't see your edit. You mentioned it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Awesome. Thanks guys. I put in Green Dragon to fill the last spot since I don't have many other options in green. I'll let you know how it goes with this deck.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

You really want one board clear, pick up something like Earthquake or Holy Spear at your earliest convenience.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Deck worked great. Easily beat them with it. Got a Betrayal as my free card. Pretty sweet. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a board clear that fits these colors.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Campbell posted:

Can anyone who picked up the $24 membership give a trip report? Any remorse? I'm super tempted :/

If you wanted to spend money on the game the $24 dollar membership is your best bet. It will net you 1260 gems by the end of the subscription which is 40 short of the 100 dollar pack.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I figured out the arena reset thing. Arenas start and end at 7pm pst and the day resets around 7am, so if you want to get in the max # of plays possible, you have to play from 7pm-am on the first day and 7am-pm on the last day.

I'm currently #7 in veteran arena so I decided to post my deck: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/deck?5f79271

It's a control sort of deck that does well vs ai. Wild boar and surprise attack get played every game. At 15 winstreak you start at 10 hp so the healing and blocking is super necessary. Magic gourd bomb kills off low hp early threats. Mud hero drass is a fatty to block and chip down the opponent. Goblin chieftain floods the board for cheap. Tiger rarely gets played and I might swap it out for something. I can post more detail if anyone wants.

The ai doesn't do so good against people though. It only has 2 wins while the rank 1 guy has 12 and #3 has even more wins.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Tadders posted:

If you wanted to spend money on the game the $24 dollar membership is your best bet. It will net you 1260 gems by the end of the subscription which is 40 short of the 100 dollar pack.

Man I never pay for premium currency but $24 for over a pack a day seems pretty fair.

What would be the best way to spend the gems? If you had to skip a day for some reason do you lose that day's gems or does the whole thing just shift a day?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Dessert Rose posted:

You really want one board clear, pick up something like Earthquake or Holy Spear at your earliest convenience.

The cat merchant just gave me a Holy Spear for a Paladin and some junk I had duplicates of, so I've got a board clear now.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Man I never pay for premium currency but $24 for over a pack a day seems pretty fair.

What would be the best way to spend the gems? If you had to skip a day for some reason do you lose that day's gems or does the whole thing just shift a day?

You lose that day's gems. Remember to log in every day.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I setup my stash on that site and the link in the OP should work now.

Anybody see any improvements I can make to this deck with my current collection? Thanks! :)

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Geektox posted:

I setup my stash on that site and the link in the OP should work now.

Anybody see any improvements I can make to this deck with my current collection? Thanks! :)

phantom of the hawk dies too easily in my experience and I'm not sure how jurh does in a regular deck (ie without mirror of truth and huge dragons). Maybe replace hawk with fox, or firebolt. Usually you want your big dudes to be in a different colour than your board clear. You should test it out and if you never get to play that siege golem swap it out.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Phantom of the hawk is great if you can protect it like putting it in front of a zero attacker.

You do have way too many high cost blue cards and mana thief is not reliable enough to fund it.

I would take out siege golem too since you can handle wall with Death Sentence or vine wall it. IMO there's not enough boss monster that come with shield to worth it.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Phantom of the hawk is great if you can protect it like putting it in front of a zero attacker.

You do have way too many high cost blue cards and mana thief is not reliable enough to fund it.

I would take out siege golem too since you can handle wall with Death Sentence or vine wall it. IMO there's not enough boss monster that come with shield to worth it.

Then it just hits the 0 attack guy. It has to be in front of an empty space to do ranged stuff.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

I replaced my P.Hawk with a mana dark elf archer +1 and it's been great, but that's not exactly available easily.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Arbitrary Number posted:

Then it just hits the 0 attack guy. It has to be in front of an empty space to do ranged stuff.
Oh right. Forgot about that and the blur text didn't help. :(

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Nyaa posted:

Oh right. Forgot about that and the blur text didn't help. :(

Seriously why can't they make the text readable on my insanely high resolution screen?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
What is veteran arena and how is it different from rookie arena?

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Tadders posted:

What is veteran arena and how is it different from rookie arena?

You have to finish gold or better to get a ticket to enter it. There's a lot less people in it and the deck quality is higher. The rewards are somewhat better. They give mutant packs instead of g1+. But platinum rookie gives more gems and gold than gold veteran (50 vs 30). Veteran lasts 2 days vs 3 in rookie and winstreak goes up to 15.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Arbitrary Number posted:

Veteran lasts 2 days vs 3 in rookie and winstreak goes up to 15.
This is important. Don't be like me and burn a very ticket the moment you get it or you'll find yourself 40 wins behind the people in Silver with arena ending the same day.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

notes posted:

Greetings! Duelist!

This is Mabinogi Duel Team.

Please read the patch note below to see all the changes after the maintenance on December 9th.

■ NEW FEATURES & CHANGES

[Spectator Mode]

1. Added a feature that players can spectate at the duel of other players.

- In this mode, the exposure of card info can be adjusted.

- If ‘Hiding Card Mode’ is selected, only used cards are shown and cards that are discarded in the Grave are not shown.

- If ‘Normal Mode’ is selected, all the used cards and cards discarded in the Grave can be shown.

- If ‘Open All Mode’ is selected, all cards are shown from the beginning.

[Personal Shop]

This is a personal shop. You can display your cards and sell them to other players here.

1. Updated the [Personal Shop] where cards can be traded between players.

- You can display your cards and sell them to other players here.

- Basically, this shop can be seen by your friends.

- If a personal shop code is purchased, it can be registered at board in the shop to trade cards with others.

- Once the card sale is finished, the payment, less a trade fee, will be given.

[Player’s Country]

1. The country where the player is playing the game can be seen on various UI. (The country is entered when create the account).

[Card Shop]

1. The latest Booster (G1) card are sold differently.

- There are 25 cards in the current season including the Booster card.

- The composition of the 25 cards is changed every 2 hours.

2. Added Super Booster cards in Card Shop.

- 5 Super Booster cards out of all season cards (Including Mutant/ Promotion cards) can be obtained.

- 6 Super Booster cards can be obtained occasionally.

■ BUG FIXES

[Cards]

- [Angel:Aelria(G2)] card is now working properly.

The new booster is pretty insane if you're just starting out and need to expand your collection. The value of gold shot through the roof with this patch too.

Edit: New booster doesn't have a guaranteed rare in it and it can have duplicates.

Tadders fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 10, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Does anyone know what files I would need to back up if I were updating the OS on my phone?

I did the backup thing in the app

it seemed to work fine with an android emulator through play games and not backing up any hard files, is it in the cloud?

I don't really like the rom I'm on anymore and I'm craving sick battery life again now that my phone is a year old and I've beat the piss out of my non replacible battery.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
In as Ytterbite

Advertised shop boards are selling out ridiculously quickly. Kinda tempted to put my super rare stuff on there for way too much money and rebuy it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

My IGN is Mierenneuker, same as it is here. I added all the people in the OP.

The new shop function is awesome, but they don't seem to explain what your cut of the sale price will be. If you sell a card for it's minimum price it seems you will get less gold than if you sold it through the Cards Exchanger.

Example: Potion of Life will be listed at a minimum of 500, you will get 50 gold if it's sold. You will get 100 gold from the Card Exchangers.
Edit: actually, I have no idea how this works. I went through the messages too fast and I ran out of all of my third and fourth copies of cards so I can't test it some more. It probably just applies to the low resource + zero stars cards.

Advertising your board will make you sell stuff fast, but unless you have a lot of excess cards it's probably not going to be worth the gems spent vs gold earned ratio. Trading with friends just got a lot easier though.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 10, 2015

• Locked thread