Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

galahan posted:

Invite expired or somesuch. I made my own if need be. Try again if you please.

https://discord.gg/0iuE2jKF6Ay4YQFH here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Any good dark/mana decks that are cheap? I looked through the top tens but they all seem to be the same mix of life/light/gold.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Arbitrary Number posted:

I came across a funny deck in veteran arena. it used tomb of the solitary man to gain dark. When it got to 15 it committed suicide by sell soul, dealing 45 damage to itself.

Yes me too! The deck is called "Infinite Arrow of Revenge", which scares me a lot since starting life is pretty low at the higher streak. I guess the AI is just really bad at using Sell Soul though, as it ended up suiciding. The deck is level 15, and 11th during the time I encountered it, so it must be quite effective.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vier posted:

Any good dark/mana decks that are cheap? I looked through the top tens but they all seem to be the same mix of life/light/gold.

Here's the deck I'm currently using:

Skeleton
Death Cloud
Phantom of the Wolf
Blue Moonlight Well
Fire Bolt
Death Sentence
Mirror Combat
Blue Knight
Devil Theoh
Hellhound
Thunder
Phantom of the Dragon

It's worked pretty well for me so far.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Earlier I spend nearly 50k on the single gold booster for Angel: Partel and didn't get her.

Scam Cat just offered me heavily used Partel +1 and a Turn To Frog :unsmith:
I'm sure I'll regret parting with those second copies of Alruine and Hellhound one day, but for now all is right with the world again.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The game has been very generous in giving me Angel: Orpherias, two normal and one -1 (amazing at level 3 since the revive is at level 3 regardless of initial), but no Partels.

Is there a way to clean up cards, possible through gems? Also, what's the best single card to screw Magician: Jura decks with?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

AfroSquirrel posted:

The game has been very generous in giving me Angel: Orpherias, two normal and one -1 (amazing at level 3 since the revive is at level 3 regardless of initial), but no Partels.

Is there a way to clean up cards, possible through gems? Also, what's the best single card to screw Magician: Jura decks with?
It's not perfect, but cards reducing attack power to zero can help stem the worst of it (the G2 red dragon will still nuke creatures on your line randomly.)
Turn to Frog if you have a critter that can kill it helps, too.

More of the Jura decks I'm running into don't actually seem to be playing mirror, which makes cards like petrify a great answer (but mirror totally no-sells petrify)

I wish I could say cards that steal, but you're almost always going to get hit by the card after it's returned to them.

Actually, a possible answer that could be used even in other cases would be barter, paired with Alraune or other cards making multiple creatures like mirror ghost, chieftain or Tris.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

AfroSquirrel posted:

Also, what's the best single card to screw Magician: Jura decks with?

For Jura decks, firstly I always put a creature in front of the box. Usually he'll wait a turn before using Mirror of Truth, so that it can immediately attack. That creature will be the block, which is absolutely vital vs AI since your life is really low at the higher streak.

Then, I save 1 removal spell for the creature that pops up if it's vs AI, or 1 Betrayal for pvp. Since life total is much lower in pvp, you can almost always win the game right there. AI games tend to drag on though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Is there a way to clean up cards, possible through gems?

No. When buying a card through someone's store though you have the option to purchase a clean copy by paying the gold price and an additional amount of gems.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

loving daily poo poo made me lose what would have been my 10 win streak. My opponent dropped a turn 1 phantom of the dragon which I couldn't deal with turn 2. On his turn 2, he dropped an alraune which buffed his dragon by 1 hp which left it with 1 hp more than surprise attack damage and his alraune was next to it so hunt wouldn't do full damage either. Goddammit.

Untimely Brigand
Mar 28, 2007
In as Enthusiasm. I'm gonna add y'all who are in the OP so I can get rid of my gifts!

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
In as yumyumyums. Fun game so far but man the rookie tournament isn't exactly rookie. I'm barely hanging onto gold and like 90% of the decks are all the same. Suicide squad, vinelady, and boars. The other 10 are wacky cards like this one guy that will deal 10 damage to his owner in 10 turns. Considering games won't last that long when he pops out, it's not a downside. They really need to balance the game badly. Why the hell is suicide squad so good? It's like having a beefy creature with a removal for free.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Expect to see a lot more of wacky guy. He is a huge pile of stats for the price, and his drawback rarely comes into play.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sometimes the cards get really bizarre and usually the card text does not help much with that either. I really had to see the new magician card (the one with the assistant) in effect to understand it. There is also a new angel where the text is something along the lines of "as long as you don't give up, you are never lost". Apparently you can't die as long as she is on your board, but if she croaks you instantly lose?

Is anyone playing a Gold only Triple Feather deck? It's fun to play such a fast deck (makes dailies really quick), but I could do with some tips because I barely win 7 out of 10 games in Arena. Do you typically play Goblin Chieftain or Mud Hero Drass first? Do you only play Gold Rush for clutch resources? Is perhaps a gold + white deck slower but much more reliable?

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Mierenneuker posted:

Is anyone playing a Gold only Triple Feather deck? It's fun to play such a fast deck (makes dailies really quick), but I could do with some tips because I barely win 7 out of 10 games in Arena. Do you typically play Goblin Chieftain or Mud Hero Drass first? Do you only play Gold Rush for clutch resources? Is perhaps a gold + white deck slower but much more reliable?

Aggro decks usually depend on killing the opponent as fast as possible before you run out of steam and lose. Unfortunately, at higher streaks, Arena AI's have such high life and resources that this simply isn't possible. So I haven't played your deck since I'm missing Goblin Chieftain +1 which I believe is the key component, but here are my answers having faced lots of those decks:

1. They should be played earliest at level 2, since at level 1, you should focus on controlling the high-value creatures the opponent will be spitting out. Mud Hero Drass is a really good finisher at level 2 too, since he has high enough health to survive 1 equivalent-level Hunt/Surprise Attack.

2. Gold Rush should only be used as a ramp-up, since the resource is not reliable enough to be depended as a clutch.

3. Gold+White deck is much much more reliable simply because of Holy Spear. AI is not really good with mindgames, and tend to overcommit. That's when you punish them with 1 Holy Spear to clear the board and gain a resource advantage.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

In as yumyumyums. Fun game so far but man the rookie tournament isn't exactly rookie. I'm barely hanging onto gold and like 90% of the decks are all the same. Suicide squad, vinelady, and boars. The other 10 are wacky cards like this one guy that will deal 10 damage to his owner in 10 turns. Considering games won't last that long when he pops out, it's not a downside. They really need to balance the game badly. Why the hell is suicide squad so good? It's like having a beefy creature with a removal for free.

The thing about Rookie Arena is it's not really about your skill. It's about how easily AI controls your deck. You cannot even get Platinum with a 30/30 manual wins, but 0 AI wins. That's why you see all those similar decks, since the AI is proven to be good with them.

If you want a proper skilll-based Arena, enter the Veteran Arena. The streak goes up to 15, and if you are good enough to get 60/60 wins, that is an easy Platinum, even when you got no AI wins. Thus the deck variety is much better, and most importantly, the rewards are better as well.

If you just want to build up your deck and have lots of free time, try the Random Draft Arena. As long as you can get 50-60 wins, you'lll get Platinum. All those coupons will also help you really build up your deck. As a bonus, you will learn a lot about many cards and combos.

Lastly, if you really want to build up your deck and doesn't have much time to play, the the PVP Arena. The reward is the best of all the Arenas, and you just have to get ~10 wins total to reach Gold. Since you gain about 80 points per win (more with higher streak) and lose 50 points per loss, a 50/50 winrate will get you there. Don't worry, the low-ranking decks are just as bad as you are, and there's no resource/life advantage even with higher streaks, so it's really fair.

A word of advice: since there is a match limit on most Arenas, you can opt to do EVERYTHING. But be very careful not to get burned out. It's just a game, and you should have fun playing it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Thanks for the tips Srulz. In the past couple of days the deck has been clicking more with me and I already found myself doing a bit better. Still not good enough to reliably go on 7+ win streaks though. The typical Angel: Partel decks and it's variants are a tricky match-up, because they just seem to out-value you. I was inspired to play this deck during the Christmas event when at least three people hit the top ten with gold only decks like this. I really wonder how they pulled that off, because the bigger the health difference becomes the harder it gets to race your opponent (just like you mentioned).

I also don't have much faith in the AI playing the deck, because even with big dick plays like a Mud Hero Drass opener I can see every spell being misused (except for Betrayal). I think I lost faith in the AI in general when I saw it playing Mud Hero Drass and Holy Spear on the same turn. In that order. I didn't even have big threats on the board.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 7, 2016

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Do remember that the Christmas decks are in a time in which there's a short supply of G3 cards. So well-stated cards like 39-year old Mage & Alby Golem virtually doesn't exist at that time. Also, another card, which I personally use to answer your type of decks, is Forest Fire, which pretty much clears all Goblins including the +1 mutant.

Also, did you test that AI during Mirror Match? The AI in Mirror Match is actually really horrendous. I've never personally seen Arena AI screwing up as bad as that.

BTW, I've noticed 2 really good resource on AI Arenas just posted in the mabinogiduelsforum:

In-Depth Guide to MD with Concentration in Rookie/Veteran Arena:
http://mabinogiduelforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1177

GUIDE: How to get 10/15 wins consistently in Rookie/Veteran Arena:
http://mabinogiduelforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1172

Do give them a read. Your winrate should improve significantly by understanding the AI's behaviour & tendencies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

srulz posted:

Also, did you test that AI during Mirror Match? The AI in Mirror Match is actually really horrendous. I've never personally seen Arena AI screwing up as bad as that.

Veteran Arena, an opponent whose deck was at level 5. It surprised the hell out of me and makes things like using Mirror of Truth on an empty board seem like minor misplays.

Thanks for the links, I'll be sure to give them a read. I'm normally not that competitive but I just can't pass up the potential rewards that Arena in Mabinogi Duel offers.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Same as me. I've gotten multiple Plats in a row now, and starting to run out of cards that I really want. It's crazy how much gems and gold and booster packs they throw at you, when you only need to invest a little bit of time and effort everyday into winning all your fights. Also, save your coupons! Only use them when the daily/draft/G2P mutants in store are the ones you really want.

Of course, it helps if you are actually playing a deck which you enjoy - previously I was playing an Alraune-based deck, and almost burnt out completely due to each match taking a very long time just charging to level 3 and waiting for your vines to finish them off. Now, I'm playing a Mud Drass-based deck, which shortens my playtime significantly since I can actually finish each match at level 2.

BTW, regarding your deck, don't forget to add Slap for AI! It's so good as a finisher, since almost nobody expects it, unlike Arrow of Revenge. I've lost count on how many streaks I've lost due to the RNG on that card. "Oh your life is 4? Here have a slap for 7 because why not!"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I definitely had a Slap in there, it's the MVP at times. You can also quickly do the beginner daily quests with t1 charge, t2 Drass, t3 Slap. Four turns if they block Drass with a creature. Even if I didn't play the deck in Arena I would keep it around just for dailies.

I'm amazed at how many Poisoned Arrow of Jerhna decks I encounter in Veteran Arena. I guess it's a solid deck to win against the AI, at the cost of never winning when the deck itself is piloted by the AI. Is there a decklist for it because the only cards I ever see are the Poisoned Arrows, Tomb o/t Solitary Man and Sell Soul before it gets run over or blows itself up.

Edit: Uh... is anyone else still playing this game or is this becoming a dialogue?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 9, 2016

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I still am. I managed to get golf for the first time in rookie. I think I need more removal because gently caress 39 year old mage. Same with that earthquake rock creature.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm amazed at how many Poisoned Arrow of Jerhna decks I encounter in Veteran Arena. I guess it's a solid deck to win against the AI, at the cost of never winning when the deck itself is piloted by the AI. Is there a decklist for it because the only cards I ever see are the Poisoned Arrows, Tomb o/t Solitary Man and Sell Soul before it gets run over or blows itself up.

Yeah, like I said, you don't need any AI wins if you could get 60/60 in Veteran to get Platinum. That's why people uses strange decks like that. Anyway the decklist is a variation of the following:

3x Poisoned Arrow of Jerhna
2x Arrow of Revenge
3x Petrify
2x Out of Body
1x Sell Soul
1x Tomb of Solitary Man

You can substitute Stone Curse in for 1 of the Petrify for an even easier win.

Anyway, I've tried piloting the deck previously. It's good, and just stomps on 90% of the decklist. The main strategy is:
1. Petrify all enemy creatures.
2. AI will never use damaging spells on its own creatures, so after all 5 slots are occupied, they will only be charging.
3. As soon as they reached 10+ resources, spam Poisoned Arrow -> Arrow of Revenge for finisher.

However, the main weaknesses of the deck are:
1. If you got a creature on your side (the Tomb, mainly), the AI will randomly use Holy Spear/Chain Lightning/etc at certain HP threshold. You can however, counter this, by not using any creatures at all (swap Tomb for something else).
2. Creatures with buffing abilities, like Partel/Phantom of the Wolf. This is counter-able mainly by using Stone Curse to petrify them before they come into play.
2. Mirror of Truth-using decks, namely Magician Juhr decks. AI will randomly use Mirror of Truth, and all their carefully petrified creatures will then turn to normal -> boom you're dead. You can, however, try using Out of Body to kinda counter this. However, the ghost sometimes will also trigger weakness no.1 above -> boom you're dead again.

The pressure is also abnormally high for you to win all your fights, or all that effort will be in vain. If you're using a relatively cookie-cutter decks, you can lose once or twice, and your AI could possibly cover for you to get Platinum.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I still am. I managed to get golf for the first time in rookie. I think I need more removal because gently caress 39 year old mage. Same with that earthquake rock creature.

Indeed. Since the introduction of them, I just use Black all the time now for Drag to Hell & Death Sentence.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Anyone have tips for my double medusas? One is mutant blue? Stomps pvp quite often, it seems to suck in pvp league though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

srulz dropping another knowledge bomb, cheers! I'd probably fear Jurh decks way too much to play that deck, but it was interesting to read how it works.

galahan posted:

Anyone have tips for my double medusas? One is mutant blue? Stomps pvp quite often, it seems to suck in pvp league though.

Mind posting the deck so I have a better idea what you are running? No need to write it out or take a screenshot, just give the seven symbol code that gets generated in your Binder.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Instead of stoning everything, this is much faster:

Push to Cliff + Wall/trap

Fun card to use with Push to Cliff/Barter:
Push Bandwagon Effect to them and watch the horses slowly trample your opponent to death. Horse have 1-2 atk though. :horse:
Push wall to your opponent, build your own wall/trap, then use Ultimate: True Holy Spear to deal 30 damage
Poor man version: Summon healer/inn + grow mushroom/summon ghosts/etc, barter.
I am still testing unwilling call to see if I can pull this off faster.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 10, 2016

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Mierenneuker posted:

Mind posting the deck so I have a better idea what you are running? No need to write it out or take a screenshot, just give the seven symbol code that gets generated in your Binder.

View Scratchula's Medusa deck
http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/deck?5f94df5

It has changed quite a bit, but something like this, I was running counterspell originally, but medusa saves from clear often due to misplays..

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Uh..... http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/2898

I am looking at the booster's contents right now and it's weird as poo poo. I'll have to turn down the game speed for the next month so I don't get hit by spells that I don't know.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Anyone play around with the Succubus cards? I find them a bit fun to use. Death Cloud or Plate mail comes in handy triggering their ability. My current deck with it. http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/deck?5f95632

Its held up to the usual Alarune, and Mystic summoner decks in Rookie. Though they are sometimes a close call. Amusing to suck 20 attack power off a sky dragon, and have your own hitting for 26.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ajnekc.jpg][/tIMG]

Opponent has Tanac and that dude on the board. Alby Stone Golem and Alruine are in his grave. I think Holy Spear would have instantly brought Tanac back (he was on the far left), so I was so glad I had enough resources to Surprise Attack and Holy Spear on the same turn. He brings minions back for BOTH sides, but my opponent's minion were stronger and would get to attack first. So yeah, that card can be a huge rear end in a top hat in an already good deck.

Another thing seen on ladder: Infinite Poisoned Arrow of Jerhna deck... with Demon: Lord of Farkka, Counter Summon, Counter Summon and Counter Spell. If nothing is blocking the demon when it comes out, you are in a tough spot. I'm not surprised that player is at #1 in veteran arena right now, because you have no idea what's coming.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 12, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just started this and I'm working my way through the campaign. It's really good and I'm hoping the whale mechanics of every other mobile game don't come rearing their head too soon. The game really seems to tank my battery though so I will try to get it set up on my crappy tablet, meanwhile I'm playing between recharges.

In game name is SyrinxxSA if anyone wants to add me.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I need like six potion of life and no one selling it. :argh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You sometimes make me worry with those odd decks of yours. Anyway, I chipped in and put one up for sale.

I'd hope I'd have more, but turns out I have 6 Potions of Mana instead.

Edit: Shopcode "PD" will lead you to another on sale for 1100 gold.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 14, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks. Too bad PD already sold it. Is potion of life in demand or something? :argh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think most people just don't bother selling cards that don't even have a single star. You have limited store space, there's more demand for rarer cards and those sell for more.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I hate how they have the store setup. It's literally chance you find the card you're looking for and hopefully it's not marked up like crazy. Rares are pretty much the only thing that's possible to find on a constant basis since you can just scan for the right pic of the card on the side of the shops.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The shop name is also completely useless. HUGE DISCOUNT

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know how desperate you are for those potions, Nyaa.

FDJP 2500 gold
FTMJ 10000 gold

I bought a more reasonably priced one before it got snatched up, it's in my shop.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks man, appreciate it. These will do.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If you still need more I think I have a pair. Name your price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Purchased. Thanks all. :v:

• Locked thread