Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Dosvidanya posted:

How often does Angela Bassett show up as Six in the final game?

NOT MY JOHN CLARK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Dead Like Rev posted:

NOT MY JOHN CLARK

They recast John Clark as a black woman I am upset!

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

There are no goons in buttes. Get in buttes goons!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
For some reason Uplay wants to install Steam even though I have the game on and am running it through Steam. It can't install Steam because Steam is already running. People on the forums are saying it breaks your Steam installation if you let it install.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

lol u poz bro posted:

There are no goons in buttes. Get in buttes goons!

Because we have our own channel, Rainbow Six Siege

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus

Dezztroy posted:

For some reason Uplay wants to install Steam even though I have the game on and am running it through Steam. It can't install Steam because Steam is already running. People on the forums are saying it breaks your Steam installation if you let it install.

Same happening to me.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I, for one, am alarmed that uplay is garbage that does nothing but stop you from playing your games.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah, don't try playing the game on Steam yet unless you want all of your Steam poo poo wiped

Reinstalling the game (wether by downloading it again or renaming/moving the folder) supposedly fixes it.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 1, 2015

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Here's the fix for this dumb bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3uymr7/hitting_the_play_button_on_steam_opens_uplay_and/

Orv
May 4, 2011
Renown bug still exists in this launch video game!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Orv posted:

Renown bug still exists in this launch video game!

Not a bug? You don't get renown if the other team was short players for a majority of the match

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hang on. Hoping to be a new Rival to CS in the competitive gaming scene?

Does that mean the whole breaking up into teams, kitting out your squads and then sitting on the big map planning the missions out was only a rumor I head?

It's just another FPS with crappy servers? Dammit.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

Not a bug? You don't get renown if the other team was short players for a majority of the match

It still happens in 5v5 matches so yeah, I'd call it a bug.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

They recast John Clark as a black woman I am upset!

Honestly not upset overall more curious where the hell the normal rainbow guys are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but book wise I think John Clark retired and Ding Chavez runs the group now. Maybe I'm pulling that out of my rear end? Paging a Tom Clancy sperg to the thread!

Keket add that we've got a channel actually called Rainbow Six Siege on CTS mumble people still keep going to loving buttes

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Dezztroy posted:

It still happens in 5v5 matches so yeah, I'd call it a bug.

Weird never saw it happen in a full on 5v5

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
They said you would be able to change datacenter in the full game. Turns out that was a lie!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

these situation missions are great to get free renown

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Gridlocked posted:

Hang on. Hoping to be a new Rival to CS in the competitive gaming scene?

Does that mean the whole breaking up into teams, kitting out your squads and then sitting on the big map planning the missions out was only a rumor I head?

Yes, that was part of Patriots which got canned.

quote:

It's just another FPS with crappy servers? Dammit.

No. It's feels real different from anything I've played before.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Oh for those that were wondering there IS a custom game option now, you have to be level 5 so I can't try it out yet but that should only take a few matches.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Network code is good now?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Dead Like Rev posted:

Keket add that we've got a channel actually called Rainbow Six Siege on CTS mumble people still keep going to loving buttes

Uhg fine, anything else people would like to see in the op?

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

No. It's feels real different from anything I've played before.

Have to agree, this feels like a GOOD mix of twitch and slow paced shooter, i loving love the gunplay (when the hit detection works)

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Can confirm that the Harvard map is only in a special terrorist hunt unlocked after beating all 10 situations. It comes with a neat cutscene which kinda makes me want a full campaign.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Keket posted:

Uhg fine, anything else people would like to see in the op?

IQ sucks :colbert:

edit: also put deployable shields near hostages so that the enemy thinks the butt peeking out is an enemy and kills it, kaddion did that and the enemy fell for it, it was loving hysterical

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 1, 2015

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
This game is cool and the most fun i've had with multiplayer fps in a while despite it sometimes drifting into the jank zone. Please play it and have fun.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
"Rainbow is back"

Thanks for giving me this sweet hazmat suit, Angela Bassett

It'd be neat to have actual PvP modes like this.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dezztroy posted:

Ubisoft is amazing

I mean good thing it's fixed now, but wow. How does that even happen?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Terrorist Hunt is fun! It's really easy but it's fun!

What is the effective range of the Flash Shield?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

IQ sucks :colbert:

edit: also put deployable shields near hostages so that the enemy thinks the butt peeking out is an enemy and kills it, kaddion did that and the enemy fell for it, it was loving hysterical

IQ seems to have more armor than it says, every loving time i shot at IQ in the beta she'd scurry off with half health.

Put the second bit in the op because god drat that sounds hilarious.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Anyone else have a problem setting the resolution above 1080p? I have a 1440p monitor but when I try to raise the in-game resolution from 1080p to 1440p it's not working properly (I can't see the whole screen so I can't accept the new settings).

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
If you have Uplay points from playing other games, you can unlock 200 clancybucks from the Uplay Client as part of the unlockable rewards. Also if you played in the beta you can unlock a fire skin for all your guns. Also you can unlock a 24 hour renown boost which I'm probably gonna burn on a weekend.

sarr posted:

Anyone else have a problem setting the resolution above 1080p? I have a 1440p monitor but when I try to raise the in-game resolution from 1080p to 1440p it's not working properly (I can't see the whole screen so I can't accept the new settings).

I'm playing in 1440p and I'm not having any issues. GTX 980.

I had stuttering earlier despite a stable framerate though. I fixed it by updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Ah, I figured it out. The in-game refresh rate was set to 143.96hz and when I lowered it to 120hz I was able to change the resolution properly. My monitor is saying the game is running at 144hz anyways, hah. :v:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Finished the situations, all stars. So there's a unique skin for finishing the hidden situation. It's for IQ's AUG A2 so gently caress it but hey, it was a pretty easy mission.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Having to get level 20 before you can do ranked is the absolute worst.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
I'm playing on PC and the game is forcing me to some sort of controller scheme where I have no mouse and all the prompts are for controller buttons when I don't even have a controller plugged in. I can't even get into the options menu because it's mapped to some trigger button with no way to navigate there.

Is this normal? Can I force it to mouse and keyboard somehow or is this just another Ubisoft thing?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

shalcar posted:

I'm playing on PC and the game is forcing me to some sort of controller scheme where I have no mouse and all the prompts are for controller buttons when I don't even have a controller plugged in. I can't even get into the options menu because it's mapped to some trigger button with no way to navigate there.

Is this normal? Can I force it to mouse and keyboard somehow or is this just another Ubisoft thing?

That's not normal. Mouse works fine for everyone else. Also the prompts are for keyboard buttons.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender

ghetto wormhole posted:

That's not normal. Mouse works fine for everyone else. Also the prompts are for keyboard buttons.

Thanks, guess I'm waiting until a patch or something fixes this.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
This is a lot better game than I expected. I love this poo poo.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
Oh hey, turns out if you have a joystick plugged in at all the game forces you to be in controller mode no matter what. I'm sure that made sense to someone, somewhere at sometime.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
What's the word on the netcode/tick rate now? Any better? I did all the Situations quick but I have to write a paper so I haven't had the chance to do any PvP matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

shalcar posted:

Oh hey, turns out if you have a joystick plugged in at all the game forces you to be in controller mode no matter what. I'm sure that made sense to someone, somewhere at sometime.

I have a 360 controller plugged in and had no such issue, fwiw. Unless you're talking about like, flight sticks, in which case that's a weird bug!

• Locked thread