Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Really having fun with this game. I like PVE mode better because it seems like the CPU let's you get away with more dumb poo poo. Is there a fast way to grind out yellow Clancy bux, or is it pretty much online for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Foehammer posted:

Watch the 3 tutorial videos linked from the main menu for 800, 3-Star all the Situations for another 6000.

I guess you could set your filters to only T-Hunt Classic on House and grind out ~150 point runs in 2 minute intervals, but it might get old fast.

Yeah I did the dios, and the Situations, I was just thinking about the years it will take to get the two Canadian cops @25k per

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How does I Git Gud at the PvP for this game? Me and my buddies can crap all over the AI in terrorist hunt, but usually get pub stomped in Online.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rap music posted:

hey guys watch me clutch a 1v5 in ranked :v:

https://streamable.com/ai6i

Why does the one guy do a sweet swan dive of the roof? Rappelling glitch?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Earlier I had a pretty sweet death where a pumped a guy 3 times in the face then I fell over dead.

Weird poo poo aside its still a pretty fun game.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Those TK punishments are harsh as hell. I know I've been accidentally TKd by pubbies, but I don't really feel like they should have been kicked.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Squeegy posted:

TK punishments are necessary and good. Assholes who would rather grief than play the game should be acted upon with extreme prejudice.

On a side note, it would be cool if the system rated a TK where you're firing stationary and then a teammate moves into your crosshairs as half a TK compared to pointing at their head and shooting them.

I guess thats what I was thinking too. I have had teammates cluster bomb me because they missed a window or some shot. Incompetence shouldn't be treated the same as trolling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What happens if I shoot a dude with that breaching gun?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Paradigmata posted:

He probably takes 5 damage per pellet (if they already are calculated seperate during flight)

We will soon know.

That sucks. I would hope he would explode like some Red Faction poo poo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Paradigmata posted:

Just reminds me how much R6S limps behind the Red Faction destruction model.

This game would be unplayable with Red Faction destruction. Every mission would end with attacker's performing a controlled demolition and flattening the enemy compound/stronghold/boat

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard please add dismemberment. I want to rip a fellas leg clean off when he steps on the welcome mat

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hard posted:

and beat the corpse senseless with said limb? That's coming along executions.

Now we're talking!

How about blasting a hole in someones corpse then using them as a meat shield you can shoot through?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

And what is it??

I'm at a loss...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard, please add Ding Chavez as a playable character in season pass 2.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ItheWelp87 posted:

Ding Chavez should have no recoil and 4 speed 3 armor

Agree.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I would play the poo poo out of this mode.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In Rainbow Six Siege why is it Rainbow vs Rainbow? Is this like a simulation, or some kind of civil war type deal?

Hard please answer ASAP!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Nanomachines?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Before hard confirmed it I did some more reading, and I guess in the books they say Rainbow trains in a Holodeck kind of simulator with like robots or something.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Paingod556 posted:

They mention MILES (guns firing blanks with lasers) by name, while using another system that I think HRT uses for training. It's a basic VR/AR setup with pre-fab walls and full headsets. I think they use headphones for sound and not blank firing guns like MILES because Ding mentions it doesn't simulate suppressed firearms for some reason, not that it can't use suppressed firearms. No robots, everything is virtualised

To explain what's actually happening, I'd go with something like America's Army- your side is Rainbow, the other side are tango's. It's just they didn't bother modifying some of the objectives to fit the theory, like the bomb missions are 'defuse the bomb' as attacker, and 'stop them arming these IED's you just secured' as defenders, or something

Neat! Have you read Rainbow Six, and would you recommend it?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Israel huh? I hope I can hit my enemies with a devastating Krav Maga Suplex through the wall.

E: HARD PLZ CONFIRM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am hopeful that someday there will be an operator that uses that gun you can shoot around corners from cover. It seems like it would fit right in in Rainbow Six.

E: I just looked it up, and it's an Israeli device IRL.. HARD!?

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 1, 2016

• Locked thread