Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This game took a bit for me to come around to but I have to say it's a pretty good rainbow six game. If they had put in the development time to make a proper single player campaign it would be up there with vegas in terms of "ok I know we won't get a rogue spear but this is pretty cool"

I wish there was a no hud ~*tactical shooter*~ mode but the gameplay is pretty fun and scratches that sneaky low ttk tense no resplendent itch in a way hardcore snd does not in call of duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Doctor_Acula posted:

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the HUD in the options. There's three options if I remember right.

I wish attackers would be more tactical, but I guess that's what I get for touching the stove.

I'm sure, it's just not the same as when it's the de facto mode of play for everyone.

I heard ranked play has less hud elements? Can anyone confirm? What else is different in ranked? I know you get to vote for your spot, are there any other modifications?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Remove suicide bombers from the game. They're the absolute loving worst thing in t hunt and it's ridiculous when not only do you have guys randomly spawning behind you but you have guys spawning that will just run at you and 1 shot you

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

owls or something posted:

Game needs a suicide bomber operator.

This would actually own

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I'd say the must have operators are thermite, mute, rook, thatcher and at least one shield dude.

Castle is also really good on any defense point that has a lot of Windows

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Party Plane Jones posted:

Mute's jamming radius is miniscule as all hell which is unfortunate. It's barely the size of a doorway. I realize this is mainly to keep drones jumping over jammers viable but it also makes blocking breaching charges on walls a pain in the rear end.

Heck, you should be able to pick up a hostage to move them if you get screwed with the placement.

Imo the only time it's worth doing anti drone jammers is when you can drop it at the top of stairs

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I get why they don't use all the space, but man it feels like every map has so much unused outdoor space that would be really fun to fight in. I almost hope at some point they just release a no respawn TDM mode or something that lets me fight in areas that aren't basements or hallways

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Shields own and are crucial on almost any attack. They're surprisingly strong offensively because you can line up head shots and scout rooms to see which corners people are in

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It seems like the matchmaking problems on ps4 are only on ranked, and even then they're not awful. It's taking me ~5 minutes to find a ranked match but casual ones pop instantly

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SweetBro posted:

How do I suck less at this?

Take it slow. If you find you're always dying early in rounds you're probably rushing and not using all the tools at your disposal.

What really sets this game apart is all the tools you have to collect information - cameras, drones, sounds, etc. Take advantage of that poo poo.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My pro tip for Kapkan - put them behind barricades but then knock the barricades down 2 hits in the middle. People are less likely to notice the trap when they just need to 1 hit the barricade then move forward than when they need to stand there and smack it down 3 times

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Holy gently caress bandits shotgun is so good. You can just tear people up through walls if you know which corner they're around.

Nitro is so good but on the right maps of you can rush out and hit the tops of staircases in time it's pretty easy to block any drones from hitting the single objective mode objective sites.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They need to add crippling upon getting shot. It would own if you got shot in the legs or body and moved slower after.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why don't these games ever do cross platform accounts? I have it for ps4 and picked it up for PC now that I have a rig that can run it. Would own if my unlocks transferred over but I guess I'm just gonna have to play R6 prestige mode?

That said this game feels much better on PC - I'm still super rusty but already feel like I can aim much more precisely which this poo poo absolutely requires.

Is the CTS mumble the main spot for finding dudes to play with? Is there a jabber or anything?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hey I own this game and want to play it more because it's a really good game. Is there like a discord or anything people use to organize?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yacht isn't too bad it's just ugly. Also I dream for the day we get a proper outdoor map. Maybe something with a cliff or forest section with dispersed buildings.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Are the boosters timed based off of total in game played time or just time passage?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be really cool to see the defense/start spot voting come to unranked play. It's a really cool and unique feature of the game, and as long as you can't defend a point after a successful defense there, you don't risk maps becoming repetitive.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hard please add location based damage. I want fools to walk slow after they get shot in the leg.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I've been playing mostly Hibana since the patch and holy gently caress is she fun. I've had the most luck with her by playing her almost like a Blackbeard. Find the longest angle that I can look through an entry way and blast a single hole through a barricade on the opposite wall. Depending on the map and your approach it makes it really hard for the enemy to move around. Once you get then pinned you can then open up some more murderholes or make a half entry to go gently caress poo poo up.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if Fuze had some smoke cluster grenades that he could select similar to how Capitao's bolts work. Maybe even flash grenades. Think of the possibilities that would all make him a cool and fun operator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Hard posted:

Overwatch won Best esports, MP and GOTY. It's a fun, cheap and accessible game.

What a great way to start the new OP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800191

This one should close soon.

Overwatch esports is a prime example of why Blizzard really has no idea what makes an interesting esport in tyool 2016.

• Locked thread