Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Been on the receiving end of this once. We spawned in the parking lot and the roamer killed most of our team. Then he was pleading in chat "I'M NOT CHEATING PLS DON'T REPORT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's some mock up that's bad and cluttered. Just add the map and mode to the corner and add icons for loadout under each operator so you know what everyone's bringing.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I just drop the hostage after picking them up so I can use my primary to clear a path to the extraction.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Patch looks promising, and those are some really good patch notes. Gives me hope for the future development of this game.

Favourite attacker is by far Thatcher, his rifle slays bodies and his special can be useful but isn't critical. Favourite defense is probably Pulse, but his special isn't that useful for every map, in which case I usually go Smoke, Bandit if no one goes Mute.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 15, 2015

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Have people had the usual Match Maker problems since the patch?

Patch isn't out yet.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It would make more sense if you've played with keyframe.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Stealthed Zombie posted:

We're getting new maps at some point too right?

I assume one would come with the public release of of the 2 new operators on the 19th.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I like how everyone has a different idea of what the ideal operators are, really speaks to the balance of the whole game.

Thatcher/Pulse 4 lyfe.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Please stop playing Tachanka.

Please stop running into Tachanka's line of fire.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It's like Mute's jammers where one battery will only cover one bit of the wall unless you specifically put it down where one part of one fortification begins and where the other ends. That said i'm not sure if you're able to just step the side and put a breaching charge down on the edge of a wall instead of the middle like you can with jammers if they are placed incorrectly.

This is incorrect.

Mute's jammers jam anything within its sphere of influence, which is roughly equal to one average wall reinforcement in diameter. This means you can place one jammer in the middle of two reinforcements and it will likely do the job, unless the Thermite is smart enough to breach the very edge.

Bandit's batteries only electrify the nearest metallic defense, as a goon previously said. This means you need a battery for every single thing you want to electrify. Placing a battery between two reinforcements will not electrify both, only the one that is technically closest.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

We know one of the JTF2 operators will have a C7 with a Masterkey, and I'm fairly sure the Canadian map will be an icebreaker or similar ship in the Arctic.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 2, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Plan Z posted:

I know this won't go over well, but the console version looks so much more fun than the PC version.

I'm confused, why would this be?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kills are always more important than the objective.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The 590 (SAS) and M870 (GSG9) are both really good, haven't had too much luck with the GIGN shotgun.

vvv Just use what you like.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 11, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dead Like Rev posted:

So patch and new skins today, and kinda hope we get a peak at the DLC soon?

We already got a sneak peak in the form of leaked images.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dead Like Rev posted:

Kinda want more than leaked images, ya know. Guns, abilities, stats...

This was leaked as well. We can infer that the French-Canadian guy has a C7 with a masterkey-like shotgun attachment, and the girl looks like she has a C7 as well with the bear trap ability instead. My guess is they'd both be 2/2 for stats. Biggest question for me is what the sidearm will be, since the P226 is already the SAS sidearm. Although it's not a very tacticool pistol, maybe a Browning HP?

Edit: Just realized the girl having a C7 doesn't make much sense since she'd be the defender, maybe it's just for the promo image? Similarly to how Thatcher's image has him holding the 590, which he can't actually equip.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 12, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Hopefully its a wall attachment with a live bear in it.

My vote.

Keket posted:

Either a browning or iirc and they can get the licence, a glock.

Glock makes more sense for the Brazilian operators IMO.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 12, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Pulse works well both as a roamer as well as an objective defender, I tend to prefer him in the latter role though. If you scan a couple times at the start a of a match then Pulse will be less spastic about taking his scanner out. It also helps getting used to the animation time of putting the scanner away.

I feel he is situational though, depending more on the map type. He excels in tighter maps, and isn't all that helpful when put in bigger rooms.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah it's always easy to get kills with Pulse no matter where you are, but sometimes he's not all that helpful to the team. Depends on your play style though, like anything in this game.

vvv Yes. :homebrew:SKINS:homebrew:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Deployable shields aren't specific to Castle. Calling them Castle's shields implies they're Castle's door/window barricades, vaulting over those makes no sense.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Anderron Shi posted:

it's like some genius made it but it was the first game he made so he missed a lot of things that only experience can teach you.

This might be because this is Ubisoft's first real foray into multiplayer centric games. The did an impressively good job considering, especially with gameplay balance.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The drone phase is a nice replacement for the planning phase. I also liked the situations and wish they'd make more for the new maps. A proper campaign with persistent operator death would be cool but meh.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

FN FAL with masterkey.

Sterling SMG.

Browning HP.

:swoon:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Based on the descriptions, I'm fairly sure the bear trap will just down anyone that walks into them. And they're entirely mechanical, which means no LED, no beeps, not EMPable, and no signal on IQ's gadget. Also I assume the time to change to the underbarrel shotgun is quicker than switching between the SMG11 and 590, as the usage will be largely the same.

Mostly hyped to skin that BHP.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The weedflower skin makes my SMG11 look fabulous.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't care about any of these important concerns. Can the Browning HP have a shoulder stock attachment please?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Orv posted:

We don't play ranked actually. :v:

We do. Then we get salty and ragequit. I don't really like playing ranked right now because people always pick the same spot to defend.

vvv The opposite can be just as bad. Last night I was yelling at the only other alive teammate to do something important, "Oh I was muted so I could hear stuff" :negative:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 23, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Yeah, lovely skins are crucial to my enjoyment of the game and charging real money for them is an atrocity.

This, but unironically.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Someone earlier in thread gave a pretty good explanation for Rainbow vs Rainbow, in that it's actually training scenarios. Just with live rounds and killing fellow Rainbow operatives. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

GyverMac posted:

Watching the article 5 cinematics made me really bummed out theres no single player campaign in this game. The intro made me really hate the bad guys and itching to kick some rear end, and the outro was really badass with the whole "We're bringing Rainbow six back" thing.
How come they cancelled RB6: Patriots? Also, how come singleplayer tactical FPS'es have gone out of style?

Because Patriots was garbage no one wanted. It was supposed to be a cover shooter ala Gears of War with a story about Occupy Wall Street protesters being super terrorists or something. Cancelling Patriots and replacing it with Siege was the best thing to happen to the Rainbow Six franchise in awhile.

I honestly like the situations and think they suffice as a more directed singleplayer component. If they wrapped it in some big conspiracy story and added persistent operator death, it would have been a proper Rainbow Six campaign.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah it's kind of crazy how much of a surprise this game was.

As for randomly generated singleplayer content, doing t-hunts lone wolf kinda fits the bill, just not a lot of fluff to it. Community generated situations would be amazing.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, please make it so I have time to play this game again.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Paradigmata posted:

Why again is Frost using an SMG from World War2?

Why not give her a modern SMG and sell Models of World War 2 weapons as Microtransactions/Renown to people?

Sell 12k Renown Skins and 24k Renown WW2 Weapon counterpart models for the already existing guns, no stats change, only models. Would maybie make people buy boosters, that wouldn't do it otherwise.

The Sterling is actually a post-WW2 SMG that was used by Commonwealth countries well into the 80s. It was only made obsolete in the Canadian Army when the C7 family of rifles were adopted, and using assault rifles for everything became the norm instead. I'm sure the actual JTF2 uses more modern SMGs, but the Sterling is rad and I'm glad they added a uniquely Canadian/Commonwealth SMG instead of just another MP5 variant or whatever. See also the Browning HP and the FN FAL, both are no longer in use by the Canadian Army but they were for a drat long time, and I'm glad they added them.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Would be cool if we got some more old stuff to play with for the upcoming American operators, like a Thompson SMG or M1 Carbine. But I have a feeling the SEALs' loadouts are going to be the polar opposite with a lot of new stuff, given I seen an image floating around of "Hollywood" holding a SIG MPX.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Hard, please let us paint our grenades gold too, TIA.

Also shields. And Tachanka's gun. And Sledge's hammer. Please let us buy more dumb skins.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

This game is such GARBAGE.

*buys more skins*

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

edit: Also can we not have the possibility of dual floor bomb sites on casual popping up more than once? As a defender it almost always results in you losing in that case (though it only pops up in Hereford/House afaik).

Please don't listen to Jones' ideas.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Louder means they're above and quieter means they're below, generally. Also can make a difference what surface they're running on.

I miss having working headphones. :(

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I hope the Brazilian ops are BOPE, even if it makes no sense. Gives an excuse to have a favela map and all sorts of hosed up operator abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

game fun. so what

• Locked thread