Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Love mah mentally challenged princess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play CK2 and roleplay, OP. Who needs real life friends when you have your court and family.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

Play CK2 and roleplay, OP. Who needs real life friends when you have your court and family.

When my first born child attempted to murder me it sent me into a spiral of depression and self loathing. Not recommended.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Love mah mentally challenged princess.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

#HuntThePrincess

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

#HuntThePrincess

hahahahahahaha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Sadly it seems my princess is ALWAYS in another castle (or atleast already has a boyfriend) :sigh:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

any dating game where you can, in the normal fashion, be mean/nice to various girls op

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#PlumberZonedAgain #TheRedShroom

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nintendogs + cats

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

more of a bitch if she's distracting you while you're gaming...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now I'm playing Just Cause 3, OP, and I shot a reindeer with a rocket launcher, while parachuting down a mountain and my cousin Mario was trying to talk to me about grandma. That should cure your Loneliness right up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is that game badass? I figured there was basically no way they could gently caress Just Cause 2 up, but just to be safe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess so but I'm playing it with a Steam Controller so it's a little wonky and when I tried playing it the first few times the sound wasn't working. Also I think Windows 10 has some bug that leaks epic memory so I had to restart the computer before I could even run it since it was telling me "Not Enough Storage" but I think it meant RAM.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Try this.

http://www.technipages.com/windows-enable-disable-superfetch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I will have a look later.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

why have sex with five women when you could have sex with one?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I guess so but I'm playing it with a Steam Controller so it's a little wonky and when I tried playing it the first few times the sound wasn't working. Also I think Windows 10 has some bug that leaks epic memory so I had to restart the computer before I could even run it since it was telling me "Not Enough Storage" but I think it meant RAM.

Copped it tonight. it's awesomesauce, pure awesomesauce. Loneliness shant come to my door for tonight atleast.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Copped it tonight. it's awesomesauce, pure awesomesauce. Loneliness shant come to my door for tonight atleast.

Hell yea. It's running like turds for me though in some ways, like I mean it runs nice but it's a little hitchy. I dunno. But... It's pretty drat epic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The past month or so I've been playing Fallout 4 and don't get me wrong it is A M A Z I N G. However, after putting in as much time as I have (over 300 hours across several characters! :cheeky: ) you start to feel like the Wasteland is a bit of a...well...just that! A Wasteland! I mean...it's fun as poo poo. But the fact that you're all alone starts to grate on oneself. :geno:

I mean..I try to talk to my companions and as much I love this game conversations with buddies leave you...a lot less to be desired. :smith:

(I should probably add that I don't get out much. Bars/Pubs etc. aren't really my "thing" to say the least. So mainly my social life is playing video games + posting on here.)

So my fellow Pimp Zoners, what games do YOU think are the best for staving off horrible loneliness?

I prefer online games because well, there are actual people! Getting lost in a masterpiece like Fallout 4 is great, but once in a while you need some human interaction. Here are a few of my picks:

- Star Wars: Battlefront - this is pretty good at keeping away the blues, lots of people about, fantastic space battles ETC. although after a few bowls of kratom it can get [i]pretty[\i] intense. :catdrugs: Like, possibly poo poo-your-pants after a particularly loud ion blast intense. Not that such a thing has happened to me. (No evidence :ninja: . ) Is it possible to get PTSD from a video game battle? If so, I think I've come pretty close. Gets tiring when your just trying to chill. :sigh:

-GTA Online- This game seems chill at first, but is mainly filled with loving neanderthalls.
It's mostly lovely dudes blasting rap music on their mics and getting into arguments with other morons about who's "tha most gangsta". :weedass: Can be kind of fun sometimes, othertimes....notsomuch (flashbacks to being bullied in highschool by "50 cent" type idiots abound. :shudder:)

-Elder Scrolls Online - Sometimes I like to just pull up a stool in Windhelm and listen to the local population. I've heard some great tales of adventure, plunder and some *epic* intense raids. Hell, there have even been ingame wedding ceremonies I've presided over. Although these days it's kinda sparsely populated, leading to yet more crushing loneliness.

-Minecraft - I cannot overstate my love for this game. It is simply awesome. :iia: It's amazing joining a server and crafting, planning, and building your ULTIMATE construction project. You can meet some really cool, intelligent folk on there too! Granted most of them are a lot younger than me (I'm 35) they are far and wide the most intelligent of the bunch when it comes to online gaming. I know of one group in particular that makes amazing Stephen Universe pixel art creations. Highly recommended game all around which has been why it's been my GOTY pick five years running. :feelsgood:

Call of Duty: DO NOT PLAY THIS. Absolute poo poo. :iiapa:

So my fellow Pimps of The Round, what say YOU? How do YOU push away the sad times?

You could try Animal Crossing and be friends with a Hippo or something, OP.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

*doki...doki.....*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario Maker

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
on a scale of 1 to 10 how sad was it that my first reaction was "default rpg maker font"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Kins posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 how sad was it that my first reaction was "default rpg maker font"
6, where a 9 is "I'm going to buy this" and 10 is "I'm going to secretly buy this on my second Steam account nobody knows I have."

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I used to play WoW in the bodybuilding.com guild, where like 90% of the players were Warrior

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Play Undertale and make believe that you're friends with a gay fish girl and powerful skeletons.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

apropos to nothing posted:

why have sex with five women when you could have sex with one little boy?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:whitewater:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Star Citizen thread regular in with the hot take

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's not wrong though. The "Princess" in that picture has the physical appearance of an underfed 15 year old.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In accordance with Rule of Bejeweled, if three failposts line up in a row uninterrupted they must be destroyed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

In accordance with Rule of Bejeweled, if three failposts line up in a row uninterrupted they must be destroyed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

No, my post was NOT a failpost. Dont even try it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

No, my post was NOT a failpost. Dont even try it.

You know the rules dude. I'm sorry.

• Locked thread