Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably an MMO or an old FPS like Quake Live where everyone knows each other because the community is tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh, and Minecraft, on a good server, is indeed great. Try Trouble in Terrorist Town as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TTT has probably the highest ratio of women playing it of any game, so if your looking for interaction with women, romantic or merely friendly, I say TTT is a great place to start.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Be careful though. One of the last times I played TTT there was a British man who had been playing for 16 hours already and he was getting unbelievably horny talking about underage girls. It's a mixed bag in Garry's Mod.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Got Trans blues? The newest Guitar Hero game lets you fill the FMV shoes of either a pop rock or a hard rock all-girl group, who actually respond to your performance.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

Two words: dota two

NO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only way I could see Dota 2 or LoL or something helping is if you wanted to firmly convince yourself you can absolutely live without anyone else again, due to them all being insane villains.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please everyone... Dota is a disease that makes you hate people, and become as evil as they are, which is what made you hate them in the first place.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a lot of indie games now that can probably help people feel not alone for a little bit. Unfortunately a lot of them are made by deranged anime people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like adventure games and what have you, or that game uhhh Black Closet probably is good enough to pretend your in an all girls academy for goth chicks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Then there's games like NES Remix which you can get into the leaderboard communities for that stuff on like cyberscore.me or whatever. Or games with built in leaderboards. And heck you could get into certain miiverse communities. I remember there was one for a pixel art game where one of the communitie's most beloved contributors to the miiverse had passed away and there was a month worth of eulogies for her in the feed. Imagine if you died and hey, maybe no one in your area cares your dead but the miiverse knows and they miss you and draw fanart of you as a tribute.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also the old standby of creating a reasonably thinner more handsome version of yourself and your childhood friends and crushes in The Sims (TS4 is AWESOME, BTW...).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish TS3 ran and looked like TS4 does since being a homeless crust punk chick who eats trash in Los Angeles, which is my spirit animal, is a thing you can do reasonably believably in TS3, but it's a chore to play that game and it's unbelievably ugly to look at.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Love mah mentally challenged princess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#PlumberZonedAgain #TheRedShroom

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now I'm playing Just Cause 3, OP, and I shot a reindeer with a rocket launcher, while parachuting down a mountain and my cousin Mario was trying to talk to me about grandma. That should cure your Loneliness right up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess so but I'm playing it with a Steam Controller so it's a little wonky and when I tried playing it the first few times the sound wasn't working. Also I think Windows 10 has some bug that leaks epic memory so I had to restart the computer before I could even run it since it was telling me "Not Enough Storage" but I think it meant RAM.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I will have a look later.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Copped it tonight. it's awesomesauce, pure awesomesauce. Loneliness shant come to my door for tonight atleast.

Hell yea. It's running like turds for me though in some ways, like I mean it runs nice but it's a little hitchy. I dunno. But... It's pretty drat epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

In accordance with Rule of Bejeweled, if three failposts line up in a row uninterrupted they must be destroyed.

• Locked thread