Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The past month or so I've been playing Fallout 4 and don't get me wrong it is A M A Z I N G. However, after putting in as much time as I have (over 300 hours across several characters! :cheeky: ) you start to feel like the Wasteland is a bit of a...well...just that! A Wasteland! I mean...it's fun as poo poo. But the fact that you're all alone starts to grate on oneself. :geno:

I mean..I try to talk to my companions and as much I love this game conversations with buddies leave you...a lot less to be desired. :smith:

(I should probably add that I don't get out much. Bars/Pubs etc. aren't really my "thing" to say the least. So mainly my social life is playing video games + posting on here.)

So my fellow Pimp Zoners, what games do YOU think are the best for staving off horrible loneliness?

I prefer online games because well, there are actual people! Getting lost in a masterpiece like Fallout 4 is great, but once in a while you need some human interaction. Here are a few of my picks:

- Star Wars: Battlefront - this is pretty good at keeping away the blues, lots of people about, fantastic space battles ETC. although after a few bowls of kratom it can get [i]pretty[\i] intense. :catdrugs: Like, possibly poo poo-your-pants after a particularly loud ion blast intense. Not that such a thing has happened to me. (No evidence :ninja: . ) Is it possible to get PTSD from a video game battle? If so, I think I've come pretty close. Gets tiring when your just trying to chill. :sigh:

-GTA Online- This game seems chill at first, but is mainly filled with loving neanderthalls.
It's mostly lovely dudes blasting rap music on their mics and getting into arguments with other morons about who's "tha most gangsta". :weedass: Can be kind of fun sometimes, othertimes....notsomuch (flashbacks to being bullied in highschool by "50 cent" type idiots abound. :shudder:)

-Elder Scrolls Online - Sometimes I like to just pull up a stool in Windhelm and listen to the local population. I've heard some great tales of adventure, plunder and some *epic* intense raids. Hell, there have even been ingame wedding ceremonies I've presided over. Although these days it's kinda sparsely populated, leading to yet more crushing loneliness.

-Minecraft - I cannot overstate my love for this game. It is simply awesome. :iia: It's amazing joining a server and crafting, planning, and building your ULTIMATE construction project. You can meet some really cool, intelligent folk on there too! Granted most of them are a lot younger than me (I'm 35) they are far and wide the most intelligent of the bunch when it comes to online gaming. I know of one group in particular that makes amazing Stephen Universe pixel art creations. Highly recommended game all around which has been why it's been my GOTY pick five years running. :feelsgood:

Call of Duty: DO NOT PLAY THIS. Absolute poo poo. :iiapa:

So my fellow Pimps of The Round, what say YOU? How do YOU push away the sad times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread