Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Because a lot of poo poo that I've read that has been posted in the past year or two state that labs test for fake piss and I am super paranoid about failing for that.

And failing for that is worse than falling for testing positive or for diluted piss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Christ will you assholes stop talking about piss?!

How about we talk about how lovely the Steam Controller is! (it's real bad and frustrating to use, and even worse to configure).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Eh, has to be easier than getting a Wii U Pro Controller to play nicely with the Bluetooth stack.

I should probably sort that out sooner rather than later to be honest...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MrChips posted:

How about we talk about how lovely the Steam Controller is! (it's real bad and frustrating to use, and even worse to configure).

I took one look at it and from my many years holding controllers thought "wow, that looks loving awful to use!"

Glad to know I'm right.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I think I'm going to get these for my kart given how much that hunk of garbage broke down last year.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/justbritish/works/14220085-british-leyland-logo?grid_pos=2&p=sticker

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

88h88 posted:

I took one look at it and from my many years holding controllers thought "wow, that looks loving awful to use!"

Glad to know I'm right.

I honestly wouldn't know, this loving thing isn't even working properly.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I love the e46 and wish I still had mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8b2WozLEik

Bullshit BMW issues and all, it's the best looking car ever made.

e: look at all the warning lights on that dashboard, JFC.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 31, 2015

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BraveUlysses posted:

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with this town

Reminds me of my neighborhood. Yes, I'm moving ASAP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If anything my roommates are tryna make me kill myself by watching Big Bang Theory in the living room.

Jesus christ your roomies suck.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 31, 2015

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Between the poo poo weather and working weird hours I haven't had a chance to even ride my new bike yet. I'm looking forward to throwing down some miles this weekend, though. :getin:

Any suggestions for a non poo poo car rack? I have a Saris Bones 2 that I picked up because the price was right but it seems kind of flimsy and I hate hate haaate the way it attaches to the car. I can't open the rear hatch either, but that may be a thing with all bicycle racks. Car is a 2011 Mazda3.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I like bikes on the roof. They stay cleaner and driving around with my nice carbon mtb on the back of the car makes me paranoid someone is going to rear end me and destroy it. Downside is that you have to reach up to get them off and could have a bad experience with a garage, plus you need to buy a roof rack if you don't have anything up there already. I have a low car so it works.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

That's not a bad idea; despite the fact I'm 5'6 I could deal with reaching up if I could use my rear hatch.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Are we not saying phrasing anymore or

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If anything my roommates are tryna make me kill myself by watching Big Bang Theory in the living room.

Jesus, wtf is wrong with your roommates?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Jesus, wtf is wrong with your roommates?

They invited this really weird guy to live with them and it was all downhill from there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I got someone to come over tomorrow and I am gonna freeze that poo poo until I need it.

Could that break down the piss in a way that flags it in the test?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Peaky Blinders is loving awesome, for anyone looking to start a show.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I don't know what the gently caress Doordash's dispatchers were smoking tonight. I wound up in 3 different counties, 6 different cities, all in 5 hours. That's 5 different delivery areas (including the one I signed up for). :cripes:

Made decent cash, but it was a big :wtc: when I saw where I was getting sent (from Plano to Richardson, then to Addison to drop off the order, at one point).

Phone posted:

Looks like I'm gonna be able to knock off one of my 2016 resolutions early. :v:

Same. Got a membership to the city recreation centers. The one closest to me has a 1/10 mile indoor track, two basketball courts, a bunch of racketball courts, and a nicely equipped fitness center. They open at 5am and close at 10pm, so I have no excuse not to get this weight off.

The next closest one has both indoor and outdoor pools as well, but a much smaller fitness center.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Previa_fun posted:

Between the poo poo weather and working weird hours I haven't had a chance to even ride my new bike yet. I'm looking forward to throwing down some miles this weekend, though. :getin:

Any suggestions for a non poo poo car rack? I have a Saris Bones 2 that I picked up because the price was right but it seems kind of flimsy and I hate hate haaate the way it attaches to the car. I can't open the rear hatch either, but that may be a thing with all bicycle racks. Car is a 2011 Mazda3.

The Mazda 3 does have hidden roof rail mounts so you don't have to go with a ghetto solution.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm sad to say that this poor thing is in my house...

Mom's PC. Cracked the case open to put in a new drive (the 3 year old drive in it now is racking up bad sectors like crazy), and.... just ugh.

Clonezilla is also being an rear end in a top hat about talking to the shared drive on my desktop (the LAN can easily outperform my consumer-grade drives), so I'm using the original drive that came in her PC to hold the image. The original also has a ton of bad sectors, but it's been acting as a live backup (via CrashPlan) for her important stuff (along with backing up over the LAN to a drive on my PC) since then. I shotgunned everything in the case except the DVD-RW after a nearby lightning strike resulted in constant BSODs even after a new PSU and new RAM, though that drive still worked fine at the time. It was originally a store-bought PC, but the only original parts still in it at this point are the DVD-RW and that halfassed live backup drive.

Hopefully in about an hour and a half it'll be buttoned back up and running on its shiny new 1TB drive (sans a few pounds of dust).

edit: oh godfuckingdamnit, apparently I paid for a customer's order with my own debit card instead of doordash's card tonight. Didn't even realize it until I logged into my online banking. :downsgun: Good thing I kept the receipt.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 31, 2015

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Yesterday i got quite a few test result back and had a consultation with my oncologist. Since i have reverted to sporadic updates in here i guess i should fill ya in on the last few months progress.

I got a pretty bad pneumonia a couple of months back, that lead to the discovery of some mets in my lung. We did not start treatment right away, but as you may have guess i was not thrilled about the cancer being all "im baaaaaaack". First i got P down and was ready to give up on the whole working and living thing. but after a few days my fighting spirit returned and i went back to the firehouse as an ops operator.

then, a week and a half before christmas i slipped on some black ice and got a bunch of fractures, (rib both anterior and posterior, collarbone and a crack in my shoulderblade) They did a bone density test and i was told i was as brittle as a fitnessmodels ego.

I then decided to give up my quest to pass the medicals for active firefighting and kinda gave up on poo poo. This made me sad, so sad my wife coaxed me into getting more sessions with the terapist (you know, me being crazy, lying and an image searching rear end in a top hat and everything) the last few weeks i have been feeling sorry for my self and being real bitter about the cancer thing loving up my life. Wich is silly, its only loving up related to my work, but going back to firefighting has been the main goal for me besides being able to watch my kids grow up. to put it simply, the kids was the motivation to go trough chemo, radiation and surgeries, the firefighting was the reason for getting on the bike and try to remain as fit as possible..

So, thats the backdrop. poo poo was looking bleak.

The oncologist was sitting smiling more than he normally does, so i figured he was going on a holiday or something..

Oh no, hes not.
The cancer in my lung is fully encapsulated, shrinking and no longer an threat to me living. We are going to monitor it, and if it keeps shrinking we are going to wait, if not, its being cut out. This had me bawling my eyes out allready.

Then he asked me why he had not been asked to write a recommandation about my fitness test for the department. I replied i figured the bone density thing would gently caress that up anyway. Turns out my bone growth has increased to a more normal level, and im going to have "normal bones" pretty soon.

My doctor is pretty great, he called me a pussy for option out of fighting this thing, and told me as soon as the orthopod cleared me for training he expected to see me out on the bike, he even called the ortho dude and had him agree that if i manned up i could start training in a pool right now. the only thing stopping me from swimming is pain, and pain has never killed anyone alone.

So. i was in the pool at 8am today, with a crawl technique so bad that the lifeguard on duty walked beside me to check if i was infact attempting to swim, and not just drowning my was trough the lane.

The Fjelltorsk family want to wish you a healthy and good new year. And SAC, if you want, ill send you gallons and gallons of piss. it will still pop you for opiate, but you will atleast have some piss

Fake edit: holy sheeeet, i was just going to wish you a happy new year, then i wrote this wall of text, im sorry

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Have you been reading God over Djinn's thread about recovering after being hit by a truck?
Maybe it'll give you something to relate to: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739076

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

kimbo305 posted:

Have you been reading God over Djinn's thread about recovering after being hit by a truck?
Maybe it'll give you something to relate to: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739076

Yep, every time i feel sorry for my self i check that thread. i wish i was that awsome.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
After that shitfest 2015, I'm just gonna say gently caress 2016 until I get good reason to say otherwise.

gently caress the new year, gently caress the stupidity around it, gently caress the drunk idiots, gently caress everything. I've had a gutful of the shalllow meaningless poo poo the world just throws up and calls life. I seriously just want to pack it all in and go sit on a beach far, far FAR away from all of this crap. Preferably with a nice lady but by myself would be quiiiiiiiiiiiiiite fine thank you very much...... okay yeah I'll have a bike with me but that's all I really would bring.

Actually just anywhere quiet riding would be perfectly acceptible too. Far the gently caress away from anywhere.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I agree. gently caress 2015. 2016 will be the year I get my poo poo together.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Welcome back Fjelltorsk, you gigantic pussy you :haw:

Glad to hear you're not only still with us but getting better. Never feel under pressure to post pictures though, if you're unhappy about sharing something just don't.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Shut up 2015 owned

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up 2015 owned

Second.

I'm going to see an 80s cover band called the Deloreans tonight at a place that will be supplying breakfast at midnight (this is the part that I'm excited for)

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up 2015 owned

2015 was pretty great for me.

• I got promoted to sergeant
  • I did my first successful transmission and axle swaps on my own
  • I got to drive jeeps all summer
  • I moved out of my 2 room apartment into a house that's walking distance from my job
  • NEAI 2015 was utterly fantastic. I can't wait for NEAI 2016

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 31, 2015

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up 2015 owned
You're not wrong! Tons of bad poo poo happened, too, but whatever.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up 2015 owned

Third.

2015 was a pretty sweet year.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

This time last year I was living in a poured concrete house with a 20yr old boiler, leaking aluminium windows, both kids in a single bedroom, nowhere to park or work on cars, nowhere to store my tools, in a horrible part of the country.

Now I'm in a brand new house with the kids in their own rooms, it's 20'c with the heating off, I've a flat drive and a garage, my commute takes half as long, we're back near friends and family, everyone is immeasurably happier.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Adiabatic posted:

Shut up 2015 owned

God died on the 28th of December. The year 2015 will forever be tainted.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
2015 loving rocked and I won't hear any opinions to the contrary, sorry.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

some texas redneck posted:

Same. Got a membership to the city recreation centers. The one closest to me has a 1/10 mile indoor track, two basketball courts, a bunch of racketball courts, and a nicely equipped fitness center. They open at 5am and close at 10pm, so I have no excuse not to get this weight off.

Good luck man. I started the fitness thing in October, and except for the 2 weeks before Christmas when I had loving pneumonia (gently caress co-workers that come into the office when they are sick. loving idiots), I've kept to it pretty good. Just started back up since being sick for those two weeks, and other than tiring out a bit quicker, getting back on track.

Just remember that muscle burns fat faster than anything else, so the first part of fitness is muscle building, and since muscle is denser than fat, you may not see any sort of weight loss in the early part of your regime. In my case I saw nothing change in the weight department for over a month (although I was eating more calories than usual), I've since dropped about 7 pounds, so it just takes time and keeping at it. You'll also feel a lot better, before losing any weight if you are building muscle.

Good news, and good luck at getting back your work life and retaining your fighting spirit in 2016.

Bajaha posted:

2015 was a pretty sweet year.

In most ways it certainly was. I made that decision to change my lifestyle to un-fat myself so that I might actually live beyond 55 or so, I got a decent merit raise, followed a month later by a promotion with a very nice raise. Then in an interesting twist, my manager gave a lot of my work duties (all the lead stuff) to someone else so that they could have a chance at earning a promotion, which is kind of funny, but whatever, everyone still comes to me for help with anything, and now I don't have to do all that dumb paperwork.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
2015 was awesome because it dunked on VW enthusiasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HJw3AUvGk

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I got 60cc of clean piss in my freezer as a last resort. Met with the manager today for the fiber job and he is sticking his neck out for me and convinced his boss to let me test again sometime in the next week or two. He said he used to blaze so he ubderstand.

Anyways, what is everyone doing tonight? Probably just walking to my friend's house a few blocks over and drinking myself into oblivion while eating Chinese food.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm pissing all night.

Nonstop pissing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Probably hitting the chinese buffet with the GF and ACEofsnett and then working on the house or burning things or something, I dunno.

I really don't want to be on the road tonight, no loving way. Every retard is going to be hammered and driving.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wife is coming down with what I'm just recovering from so it'll be DVDs and booze when the kids have gone to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Greatest hits from my facebook wall:

My car has a couple of design flaws, one are the completely insufficient front end braces. In a sports car trashing your strut towers on just pot holes is a real possibility and you want a stiff chassis, so I had this bad boy put in. Dick's auto body is the best repair shop in New England, I wouldn't take my cars anywhere else. They did a beautiful job, even installed backing plates to reinforce the towers. They will never break now!

Oh [redacted] read your comment wrong. Dick's is pretty affordable. This job was like 1300. They had to un-weld the old flanges off the strut towers, put new ones on, paint all that crap, get under the towers put backing plates on. They found with the plates they added the bolts were not long enough so new ones went in. To fasten it all, with the OEM braces and new aftermarket, they had to do each bolt on a lift, then bring it down, tighten, and do the next one. No shortcuts, they do things right.

But more importantly they are the only shop that will not mess up your car! The labor for non-insurance work is like 45/hr which is crazy low IMO. Fortunately they own the building, so overhead is low. Most body shops squeak by because insurance beats them down on price, but Dick's absolutely knows how to deal with them. You need to book months in advance and the lot is filled with primo cars. The office walls are littered with glowing hand written testimonials. It's the place.

My response:

45 dollars an hour and it cost 1300 in labor?! They spent 28+ hours to install a rinky-dink 3 point strut tower bar? I'm sorry, but you've been had, and whomever developed that strut tower bar (which doesn't do nearly anything worth that amount of money) was an idiot if they had to do anything that was close to those requirements. You could've bought three track weekend registrations or an FIA seat for that much.

Him:

Dick's rides on their reputation and it is gold. The bar works, completely silenced any slight squeaks when the braces were busted and it is structurally much better

lol

• Locked thread