Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

$1300 for a five minute job that requires removing a couple of bolts. I'm really starting to think I'm in the wrong business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Jesus gently caress, I can see at least one glaring issue with the strut bar design, too. It should have a cylindrical wall around it, or at least more gusseting, to spread the load from that vertical plate the bars weld to out into the horizontal flange that bolts to the strut towers. Not sure it'll be an issue in actual use, but that is the weak point.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

kastein posted:

Jesus gently caress, I can see at least one glaring issue with the strut bar design, too. It should have a cylindrical wall around it, or at least more gusseting, to spread the load from that vertical plate the bars weld to out into the horizontal flange that bolts to the strut towers. Not sure it'll be an issue in actual use, but that is the weak point.

Nah bro. Dick's stands behind their products. For $1300 they can't be wrong.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Uhh, obviously he knows everything about sports car thrashing

I think I need to get into business changing people's camera lenses. Only 45 dollars an hour, but it takes 3 hours, and I stand by my work.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This always seem to be a German car phenomenon, nobody loving knows what any of that poo poo does they just like throwing money at their car to make it worse. If I mention that I've taken off the front strut brace and roll bar on my Scirocco to free up the front end to other Mk1 owners their minds explode. But then if you mention poly urethane bushings they shake their heads and say that they don't want a harsh ride. It's like a bizarro world.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Happy New Year, ya bunch of pissing queers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Go post in the future!

• Locked thread