Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

Any dealership goons in here? I'm in accounting at a Toyota stealership, and today was the first day of our switch of Dealer Management Systems. We went from Reynolds and Reynolds (which for some reason I love, and know like the back of my hand) to DealerTrack. I hate DealerTrack. It sucks and it's bad. I stayed at work from 8AM to 9PM on Friday night to make sure I was a day ahead accounting wise and now I'm....two days behind. Repair orders from Saturday are still not recreated and completed (our Reynolds and Reynolds went down Friday night at 9PM and DealerTrack didn't go live until today, so all business from Saturday was to be recreated in DealerTrack). From what I've heard, nothing is set up right even though they've been "working" on our conversion for a month now. This morning they realized that oil was only pulling from parts onto the repair orders in bulk quantities, all of our F&I forms were hosed, and they're still trying to figure out some weird Wisconsin-only lease-return tax shenanigans. And all of the training/set-up people are smug as poo poo, until we ask them legitimate questions and their faces just glaze over.

Today sucked, and tomorrow is going to loving suuuuuck. Probably Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as well.

Also one of the dickhead trainers decided to take it upon himself, with no permission from the project manager or without consulting me, to hijack my personal printer in my office so now all of the accounting copies from all 11 Service Advisors print out on my printer. poo poo's constantly spewing paper out now, and whenever I need to print something I have to sift through 30 copies of poo poo to find it. Not to mention a low paper capacity. I ain't restocking that thing with paper every 10 minutes.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Day three of Dealer Track.

I want to shoot myself in the face.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

So far, most of the pits I've been in have been awesome. The only real "oops" I've had is when someone shoved me when I wasn't expecting it and I landed on my rear end; someone else grabbed me and hauled me back up immediately. Guy who knocked me down even apologized.

Didn't bother me, I expect to leave a good pit with a few bruises. I've even seen bands stop playing when they see someone fall and start yelling "PICK HIM UP!" (I think that was Anti-Flag that did that).

That's why I like punk shows so much, everybody's just there to have a good time and gives at least a little bit of a poo poo about each other, including the band. I've been knocked down dozens of times because I'm not exactly a big dude, and half the time there's three sets of hands grabbing my shirt to yank me back up before I even hit the ground.

Except for that one time at a Dropkick Murphy's show when I turned around and this big rear end dude with a liberty spike mohawk had some dude on the ground by his collar and was going to town mashing his face in. :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Someone recommend me a decent set of 3/8ths drive hex head sockets. Dad said he wanted a set of Snap-On hex sockets for Christmas, because he's sick of his Craftsman ones slipping and rounding out bolts. And then I saw how much a 10pc Snap-On set costs. :stonk:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So I've had my cat for about six months now, he's probably eight months old now. He thinks it's fun to do full on sprint-tackles into my legs when I walk past.

Now he's discovered he can tackle me at shoulder height if he jumps off of the wall first. :stare:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

rear end in a top hat cat chat: went to visit the grandparents for the weekend, came home and the jerk got the fridge open. Also, I'm sick, so I can't tell if anything's bad by smelling it. :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I got my dad a pretty expensive tap and die set, and I was really excited for him to open it, because all of his are old and lovely.

He was SUPER happy when he opened it.

Except he had opened his gift from my sister and her fiance. They got him the same exact loving set. :suicide: Oh well, we both had gift receipts, so he can take one back and get something else he needs.

Then, I got my mom a "night time dog walking kit." She always walks her two dogs after dark, and she mentioned she's concerned about visibility for both her and the dogs and wanted something along those lines. I got an LED "harness" type thing for her, a really bright red LED collar for the oldest dog who won't be around for much longer. For the other dog, I got a super bitchin' NoxGear NightHound LED dog harness. I played with it for a bit before putting it in the box with the other stuff, and it had a million different awesome LED settings, and tons of different colors, and generally really solidly built. Was so excited to see her open it.

She didn't even take the harness out of the box to look at it. :effort:

On the other hand, my sister's fiance is a huge Bruins fan, so I got him a really nice Bruins winter hat, and a Bruins hockey stick, and he was so loving excited about it. He didn't stop fiddling with the hockey stick all night.

Also, I got a big rear end Chinese drone with an "HD" camera. It's totally going to get broken, but I flew it around in the dark in front of my parents house for a bit, and it's hilariously fun. Then cash for a set of car dollies, nice leather dress boots, a nice shave set, super fuckin' cozy looking socks made from Alpaca wool, an Amazon Firestick, and some shirts/sweatshirts. I'll always remember to be thankful for whatever I get. My sister and her fiance got me a bunch of nice stuff this year, they're awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Finally got our first taste of the poo poo to come for the next couple of months. Been snowing heavily since about 9AM, and when I left work 3&1/2 hours ago at 5, I had to shield my face because freezing rain replaced snow, and that poo poo hurts. Still going strong out there, and the shits just collecting everywhere, plows probably won't even bother for a few more hours.

And all I can think about is how I wish I had a set of snows for my E30 so I could pull it out and go hoon :(

Also, I'm getting ready to retire my poo poo-house F150. I've been looking at 2005-2009 4-Runners, but apparently everyone wants $15,000 for their ten year old SUV with 200,000 miles on it. :wtc:

I found one with low miles and good shape for 10k and was waiting for my credit union to get back to me so I could jump on it, because it had been out on a lot for at least 20 days or so. Fuckers took forever to get back to me and it was gone when they finally did.

So recommend me a nice SUV or truck that can be had for 10-12K with around 100k or less on it I guess?

• Locked thread