Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Looper posted:

even if there weren't too many collectables, none of the kongs control very well and the camera is trash garbage and most of the levels are just a pain to navigate and the minigames are generally awful

All of this, plus is it just me or is the game dark as hell? I can barely see what's going on in half the levels.

It's a poo poo game. I can't believe it came sandwiched between Banjo K&T, both of which are masterpieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah but BK had Mad Monster Mansion, set at night, and you could easily see everything going on there.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What is it about a static number next to your file that makes you go "I NEED TO MAKE THAT SAY 100, NO MATTER THE COST" whereas ACTUAL unlockable content (even just artwork) does nothing for you?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I was asking the guy above me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Those roller coaster cars are clearly primate skulls (as fits the theme)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Digital Jello posted:

Colonel Cluck? That's almost as bad as the bird boss's name, Stu.

Also, if the Tiki bosses are instruments, what's the very first guy supposed to be? (The one who hypnotizes that yellow dinosaur Mugly)

A karimba?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's such a bad game. It was made right between Banjo Kazooie and Tooie but it feels way rougher than both, with none of the creativity or excellent level design those games had. What the hell happened? Did an entirely different team within Rare work on it? It's the polar opposite of the BK games.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The only problem with Tooie is that they ran out of moves to give you so a lot of the solo moves are boring (all of Banjo's backpack ones for instance). And as a result of this, the last couple of levels feel like utter busywork just switching between characters over and over.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is SUCH a tedious level ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
DK64 had some revolutionary new dynamic lighting thing but they forgot to put ANY OTHER loving LIGHTING in the game so its dark as hell all the goddamn time

• Locked thread