Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Is it just me, or does the timer go down faster in Rambi's bonus level than the others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you kill an enemy when you slap the ground, you get a banana.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Those ropes in the second level are colour coded? I always assumed it was random since they all looked blue to me. I probably would have done better in that level if I didn't have to memorize which ones go up and down each time.

Colourblindness sucks.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
DKC2 is easily one of my favourite games. It was one of the first games I learned to speedrun, a game I bought on my roommate's Wii so that I could play it, and its soundtrack is on my phone at all times. The pre-rendered 3d models haven't aged well, but I still really like the aesthetic they created.

This game is an absolute joy for me to play, wonky hitboxes and all.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I had forgotten that the victory themes change slightly to fit the level soundtrack wherever you wind up.

The death theme too.

When I first played this, it was on a friend's cart. I never figured out why some crocodiles were just platforms, and some made you spring up until I emulated it and played the quiz. I never figured out the Klobber barrels being a different colour either. Being colour blind is annoying.

EDIT: Diddy is not only a bit faster, he also jumps a bit higher. I've come across situations where Diddy can make a jump that Dixie can't. Mind you, I doubt it's something most people will notice. I only figured it out while I was practising speedruns of the game.

unpronounceable fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 7, 2016

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

I'm surprised you didn't realize the direction for the spikes from the pufferfish is dictated by their colour. The blue ones are the cardinal directions, and the green ones the diagonals.

About Squacks' hitbox and brambles, I think it's a weird hitbox thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional. In later levels, you're more likely to become Squacks, as opposed to riding him. When that happens, I don't think you can safely bounce on the brambles.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Not only did I play that lost world level for fun, I almost beat it with the emulator glitch that makes those barrels constantly rotate. I distinctly remember getting to the zingers at the end where you have to shoot vertically, but that was enough to make me go to savestates. It wasn't until later that I learned it was an emulator glitch though. I always thought it was just bullshit hard.

Before I learned to speedrun DKC2, I think Krazy Kremland was my favourite world. The roller coaster levels are awesome, and you get to play as my second favourite animal buddy a bunch. Yes, I do have questionable taste in animal buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Artix posted:

I am working on DKC2, I swear! It's just that my schedule for this week is 8:30 PM - 6 AM with an hour drive both ways, which leaves me like, 3-4 hours to do everything that is not sleeping, working, or driving to work. And frankly, I would much rather play video games than edit footage of them on that kind of time constraints. :v:

I'll wait. It'll give me more time to practice that level in Gloomy Gulch and show why it's a great level.

• Locked thread