Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I actually enjoyed Lightning Look-Out. But a vast majority of the gimmick levels were too much. After a certain point it's like why did you even bother learning how to move and attack if you're never gonna use them?

And I thought K. Rool's ship was already there at the beginning of 2? It's just how they entered the island.

The world shares the same name with the final stage of DKC1, Gangplank Galleon. It's heavily implied (and then outright stated in the GBA remake of DKC2) that you're crash-coursing K. Rool's sweet ride right back into his own island.

DKC2 is basically Retaliation: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Acne Rain posted:

you might explain this past minute eight but I kind of doubt it: What is the difference between Kiddy and Donkey that makes Kiddy so much worse? I thought Kiddy was basically Donkey but with more powers and a lamer character premise

His entire gimmick is that he's heavy. This is probably not the best gimmick to have in a platformer.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Derek Barona posted:

IIRC, you need somewhere around 150-175 Golden Bananas, at least four Battle Crowns, both the Rare and Nintendo Coins, and comfortably speaking, a good 15-20 of those bananas needed to be blueprint pieces if you want to make it through Hideout Helm with enough time. My best time in that area was just over twenty minutes or so.

100 Golden Bananas is the requirement to get into the final stage, so it's not nearly THAT bad.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

If death .cab hadn't volunteered to play the worst dank, I probably would have done it myself. It sure as hell wouldn't have been a comprehensive playthrough, though. :v:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

That song you guys were talking about sounded like the song in Treetop Town.

Tree-Top Bop, if I remember right.

E: nah I'm being dumb, both it and DKC 1's forest music are in that world but it was the forest you were thinking of.

Materant fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 22, 2016

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Zuzie posted:

Since you mentioned Mortal Kombat in the video, I thought this Youtube clip would be appropriate

And now I'm reminded of how long it's been since I last watched VGCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I don't recall having a load of trouble with Animal Antics as a kid, but I don't recall a lot of things about my childhood V:shobon:V Now Krocodile Kore can go gently caress right off.

• Locked thread