Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man, some of the graphics stuff looks a bit questionable now but the music still feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the aesthetics and music of this world really hooked me on the game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It didn't feel that hard to me because it just flows so well

There's a few points where you kinda have to know not to do the higher bounce off of enemies but other than that it's poetry in videogame form

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah yeah, the first level in this world was the first trailer I saw for the game and I knew it was going to be magical immediately.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
DKC 2- The Search For Kong

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like the "temple guarded by weird creatures that are just hair and teeth" level.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Derek Barona posted:

Did anyone else watch the Itty Bitty Biters level and immediately think of the Critters movies?

Unfortunately there was no part in the level where they like combine into a giant ball and chase after you

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't the biggest fan of this world overall (think they packed too much swimming into it too close together) but the octopus level stands out as neat.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

Also, since we did bring it up, the GBA soundtrack is completely redone and it...well, you might have seen me putting out some hot takes a few months back but long story short I don't really like it. Nevertheless, for your listening pleasure, most of the songs we've encountered thus far are here in both their original SNES format and David Wise's GBA one.

Northern Kremisphere (Overworld) - SNES / GBA
Stilt Village - SNES / GBA
Bonus Time! - SNES / GBA
Mill Fever - SNES / GBA
Frosty Frolics - SNES / GBA
Boss Boogie - SNES / GBA

Oh my god the digitized yodeling in the GBA Frosty Frolics

I kinda dig it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really need to play through DKC3 one of these days. I've only ever played like half of the game at a friend's house before the map befuddled our dumb child brains or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I got every golden banana in DK64 and like 101%'ed the game, but in my defense I was also 10

I tried playing it again a couple of years ago and was sorta charmed but man the game is Not Good

• Locked thread