Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FPzero posted:

The jumps on his back are actually quite difficult to hit and if you don't manage to hit him three times in one cycle, you're going another round with him. By the end of the fight, when he dashes across very fast and the window to hit him is very slim, you miss the hits more than you get them. Couple this with the long attack pattern and the fact that his third phase attack patterns have a pretty good chance of killing you if you don't time your jumps correctly and it's just really disheartening when you die on the final hit.

Artix's fight actually went really well and made him look tolerable. I'd chalk it mostly up to experience. My first one against him didn't and if I remember old skype conversations correctly, Artix's first fight went worse than mine. It's a really challenging boss the first time you fight him and remains decently challenging even once you know all his tricks.

If I remember right, Cranky is the best partner to use for Lord Fredrik, mostly because of the cane. Of course, that's not surprising when Cranky's the best partner to use for every boss in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Don't think so. On the other hand, Mario both runs and jumps better than DK and crew I believe, so that might play a factor in it.

• Locked thread