Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Artix posted:

This man knows what's up. :hfive:

:siren: Lost Mangroves - Part 2 :siren:

So today we're tackling the World 1 boss. Aren't you guys excited? He's not nearly as awful as he could be, but I have a suspicion that's purely because he's only the first boss. World 3's boss is probably the only one in the entire game I would consider "good" so strap in, it only gets better from here!

So is Kong Island just 90% crashed planes by volume? Or did the ice vikings bring the plane parts with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, there was a Game Boy Color version of DKC? :psyduck: I know about the GBA remake, but this is the first time I've heard about that.

Yeah, it looks like they just took the Donkey Kong Land engine, colorized it, and used it to reconstruct the levels from DKC.

Donkey Kong Land was not a very good game, so I can't imagine it was very good.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dickylicky?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

the Kremlings are a salvaged design from one of the Battletoads games, but that said they have still shown up in the Mario Strikers series which were developed after Microsoft bought Rare. So who knows.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You also only need to find 75% of the bananas for each character in each level to get the 102%. Actually getting 100 bananas doesn't get you anything except a fanfare.

I still did it, mind you, because 15 year old me was a loving idiot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I only noticed it because people pointed it out (in this thread, I think). Otherwise, I would've never realized it. Plus, I also thought it was Diddy Kong's Quest, which definitely didn't help.

Any time I heard the game spoken about aloud, it was " Diddy Kong's Quest" so yeah, basically until this LP.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

On the topic of batshit Mortal Kombat DLC characters, How about Leatherface and the Xenomorph by way of Baraka's chest cavity?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blastinus posted:

Actually, I've never taken a close look at the boss before, so I decided to look him up myself.

It's worse than I imagined.

They appear to have attended the same school of art design that resulted in the Altered Beast GBA game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Artix posted:

:siren: DK Island, Part 1 :siren:

Today, DK begins his conquest of...his own island? I guess that technically makes this self-defense (for once).

I love how you guys question the logic of two ships being linked in terms of vertical height, but are okay with DK somehow lifting up the ship he's standing on by tugging on the floorboards. :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

By the scientific definition, Chili Peppers are fruits. Same thing with Tomatos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Seraphroy posted:

He worked on the soundtrack for Civilization: Beyond Earth, and assumedly getting paid good cash for the soundtrack of the upcoming Yooka-Laylee.

Oh god, now I'm imagining all the various factions introducing themselves by Rapping please make the hurting stop.

• Locked thread