Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

at least they aren't tied to any secrets or unlocks though, that kind of straight up fiendish design wouldn't be much fun in 2 or 3

Artix is rightfully not giving a poo poo about them but i hope he shows off that one bonus level in the factory world because it is just bonkers

I can guarantee the one you're thinking of was shown off. It also caused one of the greatest moments of "loving hitboxes!" in the recordings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah, the aesthetics and music of this world really hooked me on the game.

I had the opposite reaction. I thought this world was really bland and it ended turning me off on the game. It also didn't help that I just wasn't feeling the controls either.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I went and looked it up. Apparently that level I could have sworn existed doesn't. But there were definitely some differences between the game in level order and in some of the boss fights.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

I apologize for nothing.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

The other half of that story, the non-DK related part, is that White Knight Chronicles: Origins was also a dreadfully boring game that I couldn't make interesting either if I LP'd it. It held its story hostage behind mountains of tedious repetitive missions, and even then, the story was a boring non-starter that wasn't even rizzable like the PS3 games' ones were because nothing happened in it.

I never even finished playing through it for the sake of getting my bearings in preparation for LPing it. It was just painful.

Though in regard to the failed DKC64 LP itself:

• Serial killer llama
  • Funky Kong is a paramilitary arms dealer now
  • DK Island's economy has gone to poo poo
  • Cranky's turning the Kongs into the X-Men
  • Oh yeah, Cranky's thing in this game is illegal genetic experimentation
  • Dixie asked for too much money so Rare replaced her with Tiny Kong
  • Candy Kong wants to gently caress everyone who visits her shop and has disturbingly realistic boobs
  • There are only. Four. Playable. Kongs.
  • :colbert:
  • I'm pretty sure that giant crocodile is mildly retarded
  • DK has a sawed off shotgun and hand grenades made of oranges
  • OOOOH BANANA

There. You're all caught up.

You forgot
[*]Lanky Kong is the best/worst Kong

• Locked thread