Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Looper posted:

Diddy's Kong-Quest

What? I knew the subtitle, but it apparently has taken 20 years to get the pun.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

#1 DKC 2
#2 DKC
#3 DKC 3

Everything else is wrong :colbert:

Glad, after a week of being wrong, I am at last right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I think Donkey might be the honorific title. Like Czar or Caesar.

Since Cranky was Donkey Kong I and The current one is (was) DK Jr. At least according to the rich DKC lore where Cranky was the First Born and Diddy is the furtive pygmy.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Man, if you wanna talk about Aquatic Ambiance, hit me the gently caress up. Love that track.

I prefer Stickerbrush Symphony (The original, not the... thing Smash Bros claims it is) or Forest Interlude

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Wave of destruction wherever DK goes? I didn't know that the director of "annual apocalyptic movie that causes people with scientific backgrounds aneurysms" made a video game.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I always thought the glacier was worse than kremcroc, that was a nice breather after barrels in a blizzard.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I really never got into 3 after multiple attempts. Just too much junk to plow through to complete the main game. Instead of plot coupons to unlock a bonus area, macguffins were needed to progress in the game. And then some other arbitrary event flag would need to be triggered to get to some other zones.

2's the best, the only thing they did wrong was the horrible mangled downgrade they did to Funky's theme.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Derek Barona posted:

He knows how this game is meant to be played.

Monkey Electric Guitar Solo > hip hop chimp. Scientific fact.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Vile posted:

So out of interest: How many people have not spotted the pun in DKC2's title in the 20+ years it has been out?

Maybe 10 minutes before ChaosArgate.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Derek Barona posted:

So, little fun thing the game shows but doesn't exactly tell. All the fortifications and kooky machines and such the Snowmads are building up into stages for DK to crash through? If you look carefully in the background on occasion, you'll see them cannibalizing their landing fleet for the materials. Basically, they're moving in and to hell with anyone in the way.

I can't remember if it was Viking or Mongol or something, but at least in Legend some warlord would torch their ships. No surrender or escape. If you want to get home you rip a boat out of some poor fools house or something.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

You think it has a really good gimmick?

Are you INSANE or just too young not to recognize the true face of terror?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Derek Barona posted:

STICKERBUSH SYMPHONY AND FOREST INTERLUDE PLAYLISTS NOW PLEASE GOOD SIR AND THANK YOU

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT THAT SECOND SONG'S NAME IS

Blind Sally posted:

Yeah, no probs. Started throwing together some lists. Grabbed ones I was already familiar with. I'll throw on new ones as I find them.

STICKERBRUSH SYMPHONY REMIX PLAYLIST

FOREST INTERLUDE REMIX PLAYLIST

THIS PLEASES ME[/Brian Blessed]

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Stickerbrush has this weird thing for me. It seems like the barrels move in time with the beat (or it just mellows me out) so the shots are easier.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Color Printer posted:

The Brawl remix of Stickerbrush Symphony is really weird to me because while it's a good song, I don't think it's a very good Stickerbrush Symphony remix for some reason.

It really rubs me the wrong way. It starts out great, starts hitting odd notes, then just implodes at the 1:30 mark.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Don't the originals need to hold the button to carry? Or did I just do that out of habit?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I was expecting the baseline from Stinkfist or 10000 days to kick in to the rhythm of the hut.

I am very disappointed.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs, have you noticed how Humanity looks like a silhouette of a Corn cob?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Derek Barona posted:

So I started a fresh file of DKC3, because I already did a runthrough of 2 to play along with the thread. I am 100%ing as I go.

So much hate. All of my hate.

Nothing could convince me to do what you're doing. I think I've tried playing DKC3 3 or 4 times, but just can't enjoy it enough to see it through.

The only other game that got that much effort in vain was Secret of Mana.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

What about Secret of Mana made you quit?

It's very hard to explain. Very simply I didn't enjoy its system. Any further explaination would need me to play it again

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Prav posted:

He was just protecting his home. The Tikis icing him like that was pretty severe. Hopefully once the Tiki-Kong relations thaw up a bit from their current frosty level he can come back in from the cold. Although I will admit that chances of that happening are bleak absolute zero.

Fixed a minor typo.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oranges hurt DK?

Does that make him a scurvy dog?

I'll show myself out.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

:stonk:

Every face he makes is a warcrime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Technowolf posted:

If DK is the champion (and presumably high priest) of the Moon Gods, does this make his island empire a theocracy?

In the same way North Korea is a theocracy. Just a cult of personality where everyone is too terrified of what he did to the cyborg elephants to call him out.

• Locked thread