Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Kongs were just defending themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

Heeeeere come the Kong Apologists. Next thing you know you're gonna say "Bad Rats wasn't that bad!"

The Donkeycaust is a verifiable thing, why else are there so few Kongs in all the games, combined?!

#notallkongs

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Don't believe the Krokaganda! It's a setup! ITS ALL A LIE!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I liked the first two Country games (although I do agree the last world in the original is complete bullshit). I feel the same way about 3 as you do about the original. There's a glimmer of a good game in it. It has a few good points, but on the whole it falls flat. They tried to change it up a bit and that's great, but they changed too much and it didn't feel the same. Far too many gimmick levels, too. After a while it started to feel more like a puzzle game.

And also no Rambi. That was unforgivable.

I liked Kiddy Kong though. What's cuter than a monkey in a onesie?

I recently watched (well, more "listened to") a longplay of 3 and the music struck me as being incredibly forgettable, especially after DKC 2.

Everyone knows the official SNES list goes:
#1 DKC 2
#2 DKC
#3 DKC 3

Everything else is wrong :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLoquid posted:

The best was the snake guy in DKC2, if only because his first level had some outstanding music.

The worst is any iteration of the parrot.

I never liked how grabbing onto a parrot made the hitbox change. My kid brain would always, always lose several lives to it.

• Locked thread