Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You haven't really experienced the K levels until you've gone after the puzzle pieces as I somehow felt compelled to. Some of those are right motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think the official reason was that they wanted to have their own distinct voice with the series and not just copy Rare wholesale; though they did for everything else in Returns :v:. I think the Snowmads have about as much personality as the Kremlings, given that I played this and DKC2 around the same time (thanks eshop/having the N64 as a first console!)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well, compared to 2 it's easy to kind of dismiss it. It's one of those legendary jumps in quality for the sequel like Sonic 2 or Devil May Cry 3 from 2.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 10, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well he seems to have gotten his hands on the barrelpunk equivalent of Excalibur, so maybe he's just overcome with blood-lust. All shall kneel before his cane.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Female reptiles tend to be larger than their male counterparts, so maybe the guys with the cannons or the big blue dudes you need team attack for are female? :v:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 22, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You want to talk about war crimes, the fact that the checkpoint pig's name isn't Checkpoink is the greatest of them all.

Also from the last Tropical Freeze video, I approve of the idea of Donkey Kong but with Resident Evil 4 style death animations.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh yeah, this will be ending soon, won't it? drat, it was such a fun ride too. :(

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
2 things 1) this is a really good LP of a personal favourite of mine, so thank you FPZero and 2) I can't wait to see you take on the next kingdom, since even with my lesser skills I ended up with well over a thousand beats on one of the levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Thanks for this thread, it was a great ride (even if you missed some stuff in DKC2 :argh:)

• Locked thread