Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I was going to steal this months thread but in the end I couldn't really be bothered. I spent too much time playing Just Cause 2 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
Time for yet another edition of First Dog on the Moon!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jumpingmanjim posted:

:nws: :nms: Do not click if you don't want to see a severed pig's head in a toilet.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153480811204355&id=303648619354
I, for one, would be interested in finding out if David Cameron has an alibi.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Somebody help me with my medical condition. Are there any doctors who post here? I have Albomania even though I know he's the only non-shitlord politician in the party and one man can't do anything by himself.
The condition is caused by a mind altering polyp infection in the neck that can only be treated by completely circling your neck with a rope or collar or something similar to prevent it from sliding out of the way and applying a great deal of force to it, for example by securing it to a light fitting and jumping off a chair until you hear and feel the loud crack of the polyp mass being crushed.

It is really one of the few cures, and the only one certain to work.

Albo is poo poo, and part of the problem at this point because his presence keeps false hope alive in progressives within the conservative shithole that is the Labor party in the hope of "change from within" when they could be out joining a real party that represents the interests of progressive Australians: The Voluntary Euthanasia Party

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog, but only because it was specifically requested:

And kittens!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kommando posted:

I know you can get rent assistance, I was on and off it for years but mercifully I've been employed for the last 5.

It still shocking to see how low it is and how it has not increased.
I just logged into my centrelink account and pulled up my last payment:

quote:

Energy Supplement $8.80
Newstart Allowance $523.40
Pharmaceutical Allowance $6.20
TOTAL: $538.40

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Soggy Moggies!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Birb Katter posted:

In a bit of :unsmith: news there is a group in Melbourne called No Fixed Address City Tours who employee homeless people as tour guides. $30 for a 3 hour tour if you cbf clicking links.
Isn't that below the award for tour guides?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog on the Moon with a not-racist cartoon:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
Look, I am stuck rationing kitty pictures until the end of the year. Besides, at present I don't have access to the kittens. It got temporarily switched to the injured cat growli-cam.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog on the Moon:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
Man standing up against junk science says...

quote:

Tony Abbott’s former business advisory council chairman, Maurice Newman, has criticised Malcolm Turnbull and Barack Obama for prioritising “collectivist visions” over “private choice” in relation to climate change.

Newman, who was not reappointed to the council by the Turnbull government, has accused world leaders of acting “like ancient druids pleading with the gods for good seasons” at the recent Paris climate talks.

Newman blasted the final Paris agreement, which aims to hold global temperatures to a maximum rise of 1.5C above pre-industrial levels, saying there was “no empirical scientific evidence” to support the policy.

He lamented that “without a Tony ­Abbott in Canberra or a Stephen Harper in Ottawa, no world leader utters a peep in protest”.

A noted climate change sceptic, Newman has accused western capitalist societies of giving up on rational thinking.

“They embrace junk ­science and junk economics and adopt wealth-destroying postmodern pseudo-economics, which teaches that taxpayer subsidies can produce desirable ‘economic transformation’ and faster growth,” Newman wrote in the Australian.

“Pigs may also fly.

“Climate change has cowed once great powers into meekly surrendering sovereignty and independent thought to unelected bureaucrats in Geneva. From the White House to the Lodge, private choice now runs a distant second to collectivist visions.”

Newman repeated his previous assertion that the United Nations was more about Marxism than science.

“But then climate change is not about credible scientific evidence,” he wrote.

“It has its roots in Marxism, and ultimately the Green Fund is presided over by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, run by Costa Rican Marxist Christiana Figueres.”

Figueres is the daughter of the three-time Costa Rican president, José Figueres Ferrer, who led his country’s transition to democracy and opposed communism in his own country and across central America. Figueres has served in various climate roles – including head of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change since 2010.

Newman warned the 1.5C target would be “relentlessly pursued” by the UN with the help of the media.

“The media, in step with the Green ­Machine, will bombard us with climate alarmism to the applause of the leader of the free world, Barack Obama, who says: ‘My mission is to make the world aware that climate change is a bigger threat than terrorism.’ ­Really? That’s serious. Clearly authority, not common sense or science, now rules the world.”

Newman also accused the world’s largest emitter, China, of “adroit politics”, using climate change to act on its domestic air quality issues while promoting emissions restraints for other countries “for its own competitive advantage”.

He ridiculed plans for the United Nation’s Green Climate Fund to transfer money from “42 guilt-racked nations” to developing countries “regardless of the direction of world temperatures”.

“[Developing nations] left Paris happy that the UN’s Green Climate Fund, which aims to reach $US100bn a year by 2020, will give them cash for anything they can pass off as remotely ­related to their intended national contributions to world CO2­–reduction,” he wrote.

World leaders were succumbing to “bogus science and catastrophism” and considering abandoning fossil fuels – “the world’s cheapest, most ­efficient and wealth-creating power source” – in favour of “costly, ­­inefficient renewable energy”.

Last month, the US environmental thinktank Oil Change International and Britain’s Overseas Development Institute found the amount spent by G20 governments on fossil fuel subsidies was more than three times the amount spent by the world on subsidies to the renewable energy industry.
Down with those marxists, who cleverly (but not cleverly enough!) tried to conceal their marxism by opposing communism! Reds under beds! Reds everywhere!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

redweird posted:

Sexually assaulting a woman is only slightly below the extremely high standard expected of politicians.
Incorrect. Getting caught is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

The cynic in me thinks that the dumping of these clowns is in an attempt to be fire proof in the lead up to the next election hence the silly season timing.
Why not believe that Turnbull could be kind and gave us all a Christmas present by dumping two irredeemable shitheads?

Nope. I couldn't type that with a straight face.

• Locked thread