Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Recently I found a video of one of the Reclaim Australia people giving a speech at the Brisbane rally (which was the one on the 22nd of Nov). I find it pretty interesting because I couldn't hear anything beyond what we were chanting in the counter-protest but it's some real :stonk: things, in my opinion. I was also unaware that they'd been denied the use of halls or whatever to actually congregate in the past (what a surprise).

A really interesting insight into what is becoming a pretty pervasive political opinion within Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZEhzwZJSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also I've just got to say that the video is really really extreme, full of hate speech etc. it's pretty loving scary as hell. If you are really low on faith in humanity you prob won't want to watch that.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also remember the fact that we are at war. Those drat lefties won't even let us incite violence and hatred

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:qq: why can't i hold a rally to commemorate the cronulla race riots :qq:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

Does Australia have a constitutionally protected right to free speech like we Yanks do?

No

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

please don't engage IWC

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

holy poo poo you are such a pseudo-intellectual, it's mind blowing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

excuse me but i am a sex-haver and therefore can be considered a subject matter expert on sex

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So it'll be interesting to see what happens in the lead-up to the 10th anniversay of the Cronulla race riots. It appears like the Reclaimers (or whatever right-wing racist group is doing this) wants to attempt to circumvent council laws by holding the rally on Cronulla beach, below the high-tide mark.

e: The question is, is by and large the message espoused by groups such as Reclaim Australia actually protected, or does it fall under the Racial Discrimination Act (against Muslims). I'd say that they are certainly pushing a political communication, but the message is such that I'd say there's a reasonable chance that it'll lead to the targeting of certain ethnic groups.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 5, 2015

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Negligent posted:

the hdi is not heavily weighed against 'has offshore gulags y/n' then

australia is actually poo poo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Mike Holt posted:

WHAT DOES THE CONSTITUTION SAY?

We should all be aware of Sections 46 to 49 in the Constitution, because these do not need a referendum to amend. They stand ‘until the Parliament otherwise provides’...meaning that Parliament can vote to amend them whenever it is deemed necessary.

Therefore, our representatives are under an obligation to ensure that these sections are applied whenever it is clear anyone is contravening the Constitution.

The only reason our representatives are not applying these sections is because they are not accountable to We the People, and therefore they do not feel they have to act according to our highest law. In addition, these sections give the politicians the freedom to decide on their own salaries and perks. Why should they act?

So let's examine what these sections are:

46 Penalty for sitting when disqualified

Until the Parliament otherwise provides, any person declared by
this Constitution to be incapable of sitting as a senator or as a
member of the House of Representatives shall, for every day on
which he so sits, be liable to pay the sum of one hundred pounds to
any person who sues for it in any court of competent jurisdiction.

(Under Section 44 no one may sit in Parliament who is under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or a citizen of a foreign power...yet we have Ed Huisic sitting in the Senate who was sworn in on the koran. All moslems owe their allegiance to the Islamic State (Remember ISIS?) first. When questioned all moslems will tell you that they believe sharia law is above the Australian Constitution because it is "god's law".

Therefore, We the People should be putting pressure on the Parliament to apply Section 46 against anyone who contravenes it.)

47 Disputed elections

Until the Parliament otherwise provides, any question respecting
the qualification of a senator or of a member of the House of
Representatives, or respecting a vacancy in either House of the Parliament, and any question of a disputed election to either House,
shall be determined by the House in which the question arises.

(This section goes hand-in-hand with Section 46 and should be applied as well.)

48 Allowance to members

Until the Parliament otherwise provides, each senator and each
member of the House of Representatives shall receive an
allowance of four hundred pounds a year, to be reckoned from the
day on which he takes his seat.

(This section allows Parliamentarians to vote themselves pay rises and other benefits whenever they wish. This is why we are paying so much for such poor representation.)

49 Privileges etc. of Houses

The powers, privileges, and immunities of the Senate and of the
House of Representatives, and of the members and the committees
of each House, shall be such as are declared by the Parliament, and
until declared shall be those of the Commons House of Parliament
of the United Kingdom, and of its members and committees, at the
establishment of the Commonwealth.

(In conjunction with Section 48, section 49 justifies the huge salaries and perks paid to politicians. In effect, we have given the foxes in the chook house ultimate power to pay themselves whatever they want. No wonder we are paying so much for a bunch of professional politicians who are not working for We the People!)

Are you happy with this?

If not, then join the growing demand for Citizens Initiated Referendums (CIR) so that We the People can have an active say in how we are governed.

CIR will put the power into our hands to amend our Constitution and bring it into line with modern day realities.

CIR will ensure that We the People have the power to safeguard out nation by bringing in laws to protect us.

You can do your bit to bring in CIR. If you live in Queensland vote for me at the next election.

If you live in any other state and you would like to see me in the Senate representing ALL Australians donate towards my election fund:

:smug:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

what if We the People embraced our manifest destiny as a pure white country

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

NSW, QLD, and WA confirmed as the Axis of Evil

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It appears that the "BBQ" the racist nerds are holding is a gigantic wet fart, anyone confirm?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

checks out

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/675477612446089218

The patriots have been struggling to ignite the pig spit for 10 minutes. Petrol generator died, now trying BBQ coals

lmao

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

"If you are a racist or a nazi, please leave now"

*Everyone leaves*

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also imaginary

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

serves us right

we are absolutely poo poo, our country sucks and most of the people in it suck

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao at the ~true aussie patriots~ furiously posting on the Hack on triple J article which covered the BBQ yesterday.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The thing i like the best about these clashes is that the 'racists' are being attacked by 'anti racists' for being white and in the wrong area wearing the wrong clothing. I thought they were against people violently discriminating against certain skin coloured people in certain areas with specific clothing

e:

Australia is a great example of a multicultural country. We took the land from a weaker culture yes, but from there we have built an inclusive and egalitarian society. We have problems like all countries, but Australia and current day Australians have nothing to be ashamed of. This type of journalism that is intended to cause division and unrest. Journalism focussed on small flash points of unrest amplifying the issue and polarising opinions is the big problem here. People can have different opinions, what shouldn't be tolerated is violent counter protests. If a protest group breaks the law, that's law enforcements issue. Suppressing people's right to express themselves is what escalates and insights violence; the media on the back of interest groups telling people what is appropriate is also polarising and causes social unrest. People are free to make decisions for themselves, if those decisions are illegal then the justice system should hold them to account. IMHO

Recoome fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 13, 2015

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

He wouldn't be saying that if he was staring down the Antifaschistische Aktion guys, I was pretty happy to see them at the rally I went to but I wouldn't want to face them.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

You know, if you take this out of context it is kind of enlightened.

Honestly I don't think anyone's actually against free speech, the problem is that we have the amazingly discriminatory discourse at the moment.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

loving science what the gently caress does it know

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i'm not racist but the loving brown people who worship the chickenscratch god are fuckers and they should just leave australia for the white peoiple!!!!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah it's only alright to pick apart the religion or cultural basis which the most successful societies in human history have ever been based on (Judeo-Christian) .. Islam is literally untouchable apparently, its perfect, it is THE abrahamic religion! just look at the middle east, its perfect!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

also lmao at the dudes splitting hairs between prejudice (the overarching discrimination against someone) vs racism (a specific form of prejudice, except based on percieved membership to a particular group/ethnicity).

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm not racist, I am just engaging in critical thinking by evaluation a culture from the perspective of my culture, and I therefore judge my culture as the superior one and it's just leftist doublethink to hold any other opinion

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

sponsored by: all the people who I hate/have said mean things about me :(

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

holy poo poo, canberra is so tiny why do they need light rail. I was staying in Manuka and I'd walk to places like Civic and ANU because it's so flat and easy to walk.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

wizard-hitler did nothing wrong

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

much like the "we're not racists because Islam isn't a race" argument, the UPF duder completely misses the whole point of Harry Potter and uses some great mental gymnastics to arrive at the conclusion that Hitler was right all along.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah honestly I wasn't being serious.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

I was just chatting with my coworkers about how racist Australia is compared to the US, and brought up the refugee camps. One of them literally said "at least they have a place to stay." :wtf::wtf::wtf:

noice

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i'm glad the thread delivers whenever the enormity of our racism is question.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Man the UPF page on Facebook is a barrel o' laffs, somewhere between :stonklol: and :laffo: because they are taking their ideology seriously

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Don't need a loving professor to tell me a bad cartoon is racist, but good to feel validated I guess

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i am at a loss for words

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So did they get the guy with the knife or just shoot the hostages

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

VicPol taking notes from NSW