Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Just thought you'd be best equipped to respond to this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Abbott is P I S S E D

quote:

Tony Abbott has unleashed a public attack on his former deputy, Julie Bishop, to accuse her of telling falsehoods.

In a new outbreak of recriminations over the leadership coup, Mr Abbott has made a four-point repudiation of the Foreign Affairs Minister and deputy Liberal leader.

The former prime minister told Fairfax Media it was "false" that Ms Bishop had warned him of a phone call where Malcolm Turnbull was making plans for a post-Abbott government seven months before he challenged for the leadership.

The call was a clear sign that Mr Turnbull, then communications minister, was considering a leadership strike against Mr Abbott.

In the February 8 call, Mr Turnbull offered Scott Morrison the treasurer's post in a future Turnbull government, as disclosed by Fairfax Media's Shirtfronted series this week.

Ms Bishop was in the same room as Mr Turnbull at the time, a silent participant in the call. The three continued to serve in the Abbott cabinet for another seven months and six days.

When Ms Bishop was asked on Channel Nine on Tuesday whether she had told Mr Abbott about the call, she responded: "Of course, of course."

But Mr Abbott said: "The claim that Julie Bishop made on Channel Nine that she told me about the conversation between Malcolm Turnbull and Scott Morrison that she witnessed is false."

On a second point, Mr Abbott said it was not true that Ms Bishop had urged him to appoint two more women to his first cabinet.

In part two of Fairfax's Shirtfronted, Ms Bishop is said to have suggested that Marise Payne and Sussan Ley be appointed to the cabinet, but met opposition from Mr Abbott's then chief of staff, Peta Credlin, during a leadership dinner at Canberra's Ottoman restaurant soon after winning power.

But Mr Abbott told Fairfax Media: "The suggestion that Julie Bishop lobbied me to get Marise Payne and Sussan Ley into cabinet in September 2013 is false. The suggestion that Peta Credlin opposed that is also false."

Mr Abbott also took issue with two more of Ms Bishop's comments on Channel Nine.

He challenged her remark that his cabinet had held firm during the first and unsuccessful leadership spill in February.

Ms Bishop had said: "The cabinet held absolutely firm and 39 people voted for the spill, even though there was no leadership contender," Ms Bishop said.

"Tony Abbott then said that he wanted six months to turn things around and when the next spill motion came, 54 members of the party voted for a new leader. That's how I saw the situation," she said.

"I certainly was not aware of white-anting, although I'm sure that the former prime minister has a number of concerns about what went on in those last six months of his time as prime minister."

Mr Abbott said: "Julie Bishop's claim that the cabinet was solidly behind me was rendered ridiculous by the leaking that so obviously took place."

Most conspicuous was Fairfax Media's coverage of a cabinet revolt over Mr Abbott's proposed changes to citizenship laws.

Ms Bishop said that Mr Abbott was mistaken to have said that he'd been "white-anted" from within.

She said the former prime minister was undone by his own performance as leader.

Mr Abbott rejected this too: "If that's true, why has the government not changed any of its key policies?"

Finally, Mr Abbott rejected the general proposition that he might have saved his prime ministership if he'd removed the controversial Ms Credlin and his treasurer, Joe Hockey.

"The idea that Malcolm Turnbull would have been content to remain a minister if only I'd sacked Credlin and Hockey is fatuous."

He was always going to go out screaming rather than quietly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Sixteen licensed venues have been granted exemptions from the lockout laws in central Sydney and Kings Cross since September last year, the latest figures reveal.

The trade-off is that alcohol cannot be sold after 1.30am but customers can still enter to play poker machines.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The best chocolate bar is Twix. It is the only one you will never get sick of, ever.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Howard was evil but clearly very intelligent, it got some respect. Abbott is evil and clearly very very dumb. Way back in 2008 i asked some friends of mine who you'd prefer as leader - John Howard or GWB and universally it was agreed that Evil but Smart is infinitely better than evil and dumb.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://m.smh.com.au/environment/un-...207-glhtco.html

Gaze into the abyss

quote:

Lord Monckton claimed fellow sceptic Ian Plimer​, now an emeritus professor of geology at the University of Melbourne, phoned Mr Abbott in 2009 as "the final persuader" to urge him to run against the then opposition leader Malcolm Turnbull.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-08/tony-abbott-says-voters-overwhelmingly-want-him-to-stay/7011164

Abbott so clearly thinks he is the PM in exile and they will run back to him weeping soon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
It's Peta who is "keeping Tony in the game", says a sympathetic MP. "She believes he can make a come-back probably more than him and is pushing him to it." But nobody really knows. Coalition members have talked themselves dry on the subject of Abbott's plans.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

quote:

“We can’t remain in denial about the massive problem within Islam,” Abbott wrote. “Islam never had its own version of the Reformation and the Enlightenment or a consequent acceptance of pluralism and the separation of church and state.

“It’s also time Australians stopped being apologetic about the values that have made our country as free, fair and prosperous as any on Earth,” he wrote. “It’s not culturally insensitive to demand loyalty to Australia and respect for western civilisation. Cultures are not all equal. We should be ready to proclaim the clear superiority of our culture to one that justifies killing people in the name of God.”

Turnbull rubbished the comments, saying the “vast majority of Muslims” were “appalled” by violent extremists such as those fighting for Islamic State.

lol Turnbull is just straight up telling Tony to gently caress off now

Lid fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 9, 2015

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

i'm sure an Abbot somewhere is pissed off at this seminary drop out

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
i really hope Pell is defrocked in his lifetime

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bronwyn Bishop says she will recontest her seat of Mackellar, telling Liberal Party supporters on Sydney's northern beaches that the "threat of terrorism" had convinced her she needs to remain in Parliament.

The 73 year-old former Speaker told guests at a Christmas drinks party at her Newport home on Tuesday evening that she had been "exonerated" over the "choppergate" expenses scandal and was energised to serve another three year term as an MP.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Dude McAwesome posted:

lmao, nine times?

The last was in 2002 and the first in 1987. He peaked during the late 80s to mid 90s.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Anidav posted:

So he peaked during the Howard years and plummeted with the fall of One Nation.

... no?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The head injury claim is nonsense.

Walkley before the head injury: "National Brown Nose Day" - winner of the 2002 Walkley award.

In 2006, two years before the head injury

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

This, on the other hand, is surprisingly introspectful and very much confuses me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Australian released a statement to Crikey saying it stood by the cartoon, which it said ridiculed climate change activists, not Indian people, which their readers would have understood.

“We stand by this cartoon and believe it is a strong example of Bill Leak and The Australian’s exercise of its commitment to freedom of speech. The cartoon does not intend to ridicule Indians but the climate change activists who would send poor people solar panels rather than give them something they need – cheap power, aid and a hand up,” the statement said.

“This has been a long-running theme throughout the Paris conference.

“Those following the debates in and around the Paris conference run in our pages would have realised the target of the cartoon was not Indians. It was quite the opposite. Our readers would have – and, in fact, have – understood this.”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Not racist because freedom of speech

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Anethyst and Laserface are right, sometimes you guys are tremendous smug dickheads who not only don't know when to pick your battles but take the stupidest battle possible.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

if i'm getting ironicat over people complaining about the reaction to the Lindt Siege I can't wait to see the equivalency you have lined up :allears:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Birb Katter posted:

Wait, so all it takes is length of time people are in trouble before the death toll counts? Well I'd like you to meet domestic violence because people suffer a lot longer under that and it kills way more than Monis ever did.

People probably won't give a poo poo about crocodile tears when there are obvious analogues that get ignored for the sake of agenda. hth

You do loving know it's possible to care about more than one thing at once right? You do know that when you say this outside of whatever bubble you're living in you would be rightly labelled an insular hateful fuckwit right? You do know this doesn't make you superior, or better, than any of those OpEd writers who deride left wingers complaining about whatever minute issue socially of the day is compared to world hunger, or the person who says a murder is unimportant because millions are in starvation, or that emotions are useless because logic beepboop one death is less than two deaths?

Learn some maturity, sit the gently caress down, and stop posting you loving child.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

hooman posted:

I think the ironicat might be over "tremendous smug dickheads who not only don't know when to pick your battles but take the stupidest battle possible."

The deaths in sydney were a tragedy, Monis was a tremendous rear end in a top hat, gently caress that guy. The cynical beat up by the media which has loomed over this whole affair is loving disgusting. The exploitation of this event for capital by various groups is also disgusting. It is possible to hold all of these beliefs at once.

You can be critical of the media being shitlords about this without somehow tarnishing the reality of what happened.

As an actual point of equivalency how many memorials were there to the Hectorville siege?

The ironicat is lost when we're dealing with someone whose battle is literally "the Monis incident is a beat up because it's less than an average car crash". That takes a rationalist view that would make Dawkins think that maybe logic has gone too far. Or even Peter Singer.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And isn't that the saddest thing? The cliche left wingers who lose because they can't see a good argument for an insane one because they are treated as equals? The ones who can be othered because when they take a perspective rather than be nuanced they be overly open to every comparison?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Monis is a telltale case of the idea that mental illness is not a be all and end all of moral culpability, along with Khaled Sharrouf (and internationally people like Anders Breivik).

We can easily prove they were ill, Sharrouf even easier than Monis as he was a diagnosed delusional schizophrenic, but I'll be damned before I say that mental illness would be a compelling reason to say they weren't morally culpable for their actions.

There's a line between understanding of issues, and absolution of people purely on issues where "if issue exists, culpability does not exist". It's a line not to be crossed or confused because there are real people for whom that reason does, and should, exist where they were not morally culpable for their crimes from mental illness and they needn't be lumped in with psychopaths.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

hooman posted:

Do you think "unleash hell" is a fair characterisation of what happened?

I would describe two deaths as a tragedy. Be they on the road, in domestic violence or in any other circumstance. Do you think visibility actually impacts how serious the loss is?

Why do we have a road toll (cost that must be paid) but not a terrorism toll.

I think this is a tragedy but also an inevitable result of policies and culture that alienate, isolate and provide no support for the mentally ill. Just like I see domestic violence deaths as a result of policies and culture that oppresses women.

you are literally having a rant over word choice in an article looking back a year ago at a very important incident, it's pedantry of the most ridiculous that isn't a political argument despite you trying to make it one

if you want to go yell at the editor or the writer for the overwrought lyrical flourish go nuts, but you're pretty clearly trying to paint this in a rationalist political sense and the argument just isn't there besides long pedantic diatribes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
honestly i'm a bit sick or the muddling of "radical islam" vs islam itself because, i'm talking strictly politically here, it is a theocratic fascist political view that anyone who holds should be rightly criticised for having or endeavouring to (along with any other fringe right wing fascists, and thats who these guys are - fringe)

fear is hysteria i agree, but hatred and demonisation of far right violent extremists should always be the providence of the left (and rightly so) - we can defend Islam, and the practitioners of Islam, and not be caught flatfooted by making excuses or outright ignoring the political place on the spectrum all on the far right share

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

open24hours posted:

It's a big deal for those who are affected by it, which is virtually no one. At least in this country.

Let me break this down with a comparison to America, going back to Lindt

Saying that radical Islam is not nearly as important as gun control because of the number of deaths over time: yes, it makes logical sense

Saying that 9/11 is not a significant incident and its crocodile tears because of domestic violence funding being gutted: a complete logical fallacy built on the old "why cry for your dead grandfather when millions are starving" bullshit

NOW yes radical islam is barely a blip on the radar here, but when it does come up that does not mean it is to be treated differently from the political fascism of, for example, one Tony Abbott. Far right Islam and Far right Christianity occupy the same space. I do not think it's appropriate to brush one aside as negligible vs the other as it has shades less of "not important here" and more of "this is a question that makes me feel uneasy and is associated with racist islamophobia so lets not get involved".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

open24hours posted:

Do you really want to defend Islam? I mean Islam isn't any worse than any other religion, but it's not the religion you want to be defending so much as pluralism.

I want to defend peoples right to believe in a God, and religion, if it brings them peace and they are a good person, but don't think that means I'm religious or don't think that any person who is a literalist to their religion isn't hateful or bigoted. We would never confuse Khaled Sharrouff with Waleed Aly in the Muslim stakes, and Aly is a drat better representation of the average Muslim in regards to their treatment of the religion.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

open24hours posted:

I'm not sure what I said that would cause you to write this, but I never mentioned the Lindt siege, gun control, or 9/11. Radical Islam is a small problem in a world of problems that gets a ridiculously disproportionate amount of attention, which achieves nothing except to radicalise people who are sick of being harassed.

I wrote that because this all started from people getting smug over people caring about the Lindt siege, then when radical Islam came up people tried to change the channel because one aligned with their political views while the other did not. We can also talk about the proximity argument but if we ignore factors we are doing a disservice to intelligent debate.

On small problem, big world: I spend a lot of words on radical Hinduism in India and radical Buddhism in Burma, yeah they mean nothing here and they all come under the spectre of how far right anything is a toxic murderous violent recipe (Islam being the current leader, given its conflicting nature with Christianity over millennia). To me it's an interesting topic, as it removes that radicalisation is from a view of being an oppressed minority, so I don't see why we can't talk about it without people throwing down ad hominems about domestic assault funding?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

hooman posted:

Do you think Monis was a case of Radical Islam or an insane person who happened to be a Muslim?

Both. I said it last page, mentally ill is not absolution and it's fair to say that through his mental illness Monis identified his world view of radical Islam to justification. Just as Anders Breivik's mental illness identified with Geert Wilders, or how Elliot Rodger identified with PUA and MRAs. The mental illness plays a part, and the horrible doctrine plays a part - it's not an either/or question.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Most recently we have Robert Lewis Dear who is mentally ill and then shot up Planned Parenthood because he heard about how they were literally killing babies. Why are we so quick to accept it when right wing hateful doctrine influences these mentally ill people but when right wing hateful doctrine influences others we run to arguments of mentally ill who just happened to be?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

hooman posted:

Do you think that had that doctrine not existed those attacks wouldn't have found a different target/justification?

That's the million dollar question isn't it, and we get into really deep questions about nature vs nurture. If someone mentally ill is only exposed to non extreme right-wing political thought (or going back to the 60s-70s, extreme left wing political thought), will they ever become anything violent or murderous in the pursuit of zealotry? Is the violence inherent in them and they're just looking for an outlet?

I think the answer should be no. It strays too far into the area of no ideology being to blame for the actions of its adherents. It's also why whenever these incidents do happen the groups always say "these do not represent us". Now Islam's demonisation is from people not realising that "they do not represent us" is coming from general Muslim's, not other adherents of extreme Islam theology. When neo-nazis try to say that Anders Breivik didn't represent them we chrotle aghast, when the BBQ was on Cronulla claiming it was about free speech and they aren't racists we can see the truth behind the lie.

Ideology is a fully formed important factor in these isolated incidents, and left unchecked they become fully formed ideals and unified fronts where there are no longer incidents as much as actions from the party. Going to :godwin: here but once upon a time there were incidents the Nazis really said weren't indicative of their party and it was just some rowdy members, or what not, but try floating that argument now and you will be looked at like the maniac you are.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

freebooter posted:

The reason the cafe siege is on dubious grounds of "terrorism" is because Monis was mentally deranged, had no clear ideological axe to grind and was making it up as he went along. IS claimed him after the fact, but the guy was a Shia and a self-described practitioner of black magic. He would have been executed in Raqqa.

Recoome posted:

nope see it's just black and white

this guy was a brown person therefore is a terrorist because he has an arabic sounding name. QED

What is this?

This hadn't come up before all day so want to ask this straight out - are you both of the opinion that the Lindt siege was not a terrorist incident? The second reply I'm only including because it incredibly simplistic and is arguing a strawman against Amethyst considering this is the first time anyone had brought up the argument of whether it was terrorism at all. Up until this point the question was the relationship between politically extreme ideology and mental illness resulting in violence, which had been addressed. No one up until now had claimed that the Lindt siege was not a terrorist act and if that is the claim I want to know where we stand.

For my sake I will say it's pretty clearly a textbook definition of one, and with the details included by gay picnic above impossible to view otherwise without some serious mental gymnastics to try to be so anti-racist to the predominant racism of Australian people to Muslim's that they've gone too far in the other direction and in a case where it is appropriate to label an act terrorist has a kneejerk response of "well it's only because he was Muslim the media said he was a terrorist" as that applies in 99% of these cases, but this is the 1% where it doesn't.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

It should be noted Jackson lost the appeal on a technical, and really loving obvious, procedural reason. Jackson never sought leave to appeal from the court let alone had it granted, which is a necessary requirement meaning her appeal was incompetant on first instance. Her husband should probably have told her.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Birb Katter posted:

Wait, so she blew up her own appeal by being dumb?

Yep

quote:

She filed two appeals in October, arguing the primary judge should not have allowed the case against her to proceed.

She also claimed Labor leaders, including Opposition Leader Bill Shorten, had been working against her and that documents in the case had been destroyed, leaving "gaping holes" in the evidence.

But the HSU filed an objection to competency in both appeals and they were upheld by the court.

The HSU argued that Ms Jackson had no standing to bring the appeals as she was bankrupt.

It also claimed she had not sought or been granted leave to appeal, and in part of her appeal she had failed to specify the grounds on which she was appealing.

The court found these objections should be upheld and the appeal was dismissed as incompetent.

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 17, 2015

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

A Good Username posted:

NSW state government has found the best way to combat drug use - memes.

http://www.stonersloth.com.au/

This has backfired horribly and the marijuana cpuncil has demanded their name be removed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

stonedscoff.gif

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
helmet bike chat

quote:

Cyclists in New South Wales will need to carry photo ID and fines for certain offences will more than quadruple to $425 under new laws announced by the state’s roads minister, Duncan Gay.

Fines for cycling offences, currently standardised at $71, will be increased for not wearing a helmet (to $319), running a red light ($425), riding dangerously ($425), holding on to a moving vehicle ($319) and not stopping at a children’s or pedestrian crossing ($425). The fine for not having ID is $106.

Vehicles travelling more than 60km/h will need to give cyclists one-and-a-half metres room or pay a $319 fine and lose two demerit points.

The changes on traffic light and pedestrian crossing offences bring fines for cyclists into line with those for car drivers.

let the games begin

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

quote:

The advertising agency behind the controversial "Stoner Sloth" anti-marijuana videos, which cost taxpayers half a million dollars, has hit back at criticism, saying the campaign's message is completely lost on adults.

After a week of relentless ridicule, Saatchi & Saatchi (S&S) has stepped out in defence of the NSW government's latest anti-drugs initiative, which it created.

The global creative firm described the $500,000 budget as a "moderate spend in advertising terms" which has generated a "significant return on investment and involvement" for its client.

S&S also took a swipe at those fuelling a social media backlash, arguing the concept was never intended to be viewed through their eyes.

"The videos we created were designed as part of a preventative campaign specifically for teens; the audience is not for adults or long-term cannabis users," said a spokesman.

"Two different creative approaches were pre-tested by independent researchers among the teenage target audience, which verified the potential efficacy for this campaign."

Launched last week under the slogan "you're worse on weed", the campaign warns teens of the dangers of regular marijuana use by portraying those who smoke it as grumbling, disconnected "stoner sloths".

It has since generated 4 million views on Facebook and YouTube as well as a further 30,000 Facebook likes.

Meanwhile, international news agencies from the BBC to Time magazine,have reported on the campaign. It also sparked some 25 parody videos that have been viewed almost 100,000 times.

"The videos have truly gone viral," said the S&S spokesman who added: "The unexpected global media attention is now providing a platform for parents and teenagers all over the world to have 'the conversation' about cannabis in an engaging way."

Another creative agency behind the project, UM, which oversaw media buy, strategy and social media, is also interpreting the "strong viewership and engagement" as a success.

"While it's early days, our research shows the majority of negative comments are not from our target audience, which is teenagers," said a UM spokesperson.

Fairfax Media sought comment from neutral experts in the advertising industry.

"The problem is that whenever a campaign is sent up and greeted with howls of derisive laughter, you've got a major problem," said award-winning advertising writer Jane Caro, who added the target audience would be "completely aware" that the sloth concept had been rubbished.

She pointed to the infamous Roads and Traffic Authority 'Little Pinkie' adverts – which belittled men who speed – as a campaign geared towards young people that "genuinely worked"

"It worked because it took risks. It was a little bit rude," she said. "Whereas this feels parental. It is trying to be safe. You can see how inoffensive it is trying to be. And the problem with being inoffensive is, it becomes lame."

But marketing and advertising consultant Toby Ralph, who has worked on numerous large health education campaigns, believes the "mudslide of criticism" has been largely unjustified.

"My opinion, for what it is worth, is that it is a good campaign. All this is doing is saying that some heavy weed smokers can become boring as bats---, and I think it does it well."

Matt Noffs, meanwhile, whose Noffs Foundation specialises in drug treatment for youngsters, described the mockery as "fair feedback" from a wider community who viewed the videos as a "waste of money".

"For less than the cost of this campaign, we run street universities that help hundreds of kids off drugs," he said, adding: "The biggest issue I have with this campaign is that it stigmatises children with drug issues."

Truly it is the case this campaign speaks to teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Cartoon posted:

________________________________________/
That really cool and in touch middle aged advertising exec from the Gruen report or some poo poo.

http://mumbrella.com.au/i-wish-id-made-the-stoner-sloth-campaign-336871

• Locked thread