Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When they first tried to push R. Reigns as a super babyface it didn't work and backfired spectacularly.

They then had a couple of moments when it looked like they were booking him well, (as a badass who punches people, and also is Dean Ambroses wrestlebuddy), and that was rehabilitating him if you will. He was getting more and more cheers.

Now they have him as the crying underdo who is being hard done by by the Authority. This is being met with apathy.

I understand having a crying babyface being constantly cheated out of the title, and personally shat upon by an Authority figure. It makes them sympathetic, and when they do eventually win we love it/them and the moment.

But what they have done is take a badass and turn him into a pussy. They are violating the 7 year rule by trying to do underdog anti-Authority figure eventually overcomes the odds/obstacles placed in his way, when they did that already with DB, and even the most fickle of WWE wrestling fan still remembers that. (Possihbly, maybe. But I still reckon most do.)

They are actively hurting the one they most wish to push. It makes little to no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Am I wrong in thinking the League of Nations, (filthy foreigners), is a thing to give Cena, (YAY USA), a bumch of people to squash when he comes back?

I mean not explicitly for that reason, but that it could be used as such. Because John really needs the rub.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Fired for saying "pricks". This loving company.

The selective prudish censorship bothers me immensely.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Miz is ACE because we all want to punch him in his smug face. We all rejoice when he gets clowned at Street Fighter. Watching Jack Swagger beat him at Madden was so much fun.

He portrays a loud mouth weakling bully so so well.

I love him, and all you Miz haters are foolish fools fooling themselves.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

Dolph to me is what Miz is to other people, this douche you want to see get punched in the face.

Again, I'm sure he's a nice dude or whatever, but I find his on air mannerisms just grating; he's like the dude that always pauses to wait for laughs after he says something clever, only it's never clever.

I totally get what you're saying.

To me, Dolph is the guy who thinks he is the "life of the party", but in reality is an annoying boorish wanker who is making a fool of himslef whilst everyone awkwardly smiles and hopes he'll leave.

I love him too, but he face runs have been awful, and the Lana/Rusev poo poo sucked away a lot of the fun of watching him.

Also how they retconned away his starring role in that Survivor Series match to make it all about Cena made me sad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Glamorama26 posted:

Sandman New Jack is all I want. He would somehow get over immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

It'll be ECW alumnus Lance Storm. And he will sternly tell us why libraries are bad, and that cancer research is a scam.

• Locked thread