Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/671544056271536128
God I love you Mick, but you are a real wimp sometimes

I did think he did a good job pointing out issues Raw has had, but at the end of the day of course he can't stop watching. He's a mark just like us, also he worked us into a shoot.

My favorite wrestler is RVD, and Tommy Dreamer is in my top 100, so... huzzah!~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Corporate Kane posted:

Raw was like the Atari Jaguar

Exclusive Doom levels? Not too shabby..

My PS4 doesn't have any exclusive Doom levels.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dandy GO posted:

Dunno why the hell you'd bring back Tommy Dreamer though. Did everyone else say no?

He's one of the top 100 most over wrestlers alive today. Maybe even in the top 90. I was pleased to see Tommy, and if anything it's a surprise which adds a little something to a pretty dull angle.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That DICK! posted:

I just came up with an idea.... A burger where pizZa slices are the buns

It's a shameful thing.... feed me more. Hello ladies. X-PAC

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i agree rvd was the shits in his last run but he's a bigger name that was still ecw

Eh, had great matches with Cesaro and Rollins, did a fine job putting over Rusev, etc. But I'm a big mark for RVD. I'm sure we'll see him pop up again in WWE, maybe in the Rumble.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Go RV! posted:

WWE attempts to rehab its monster heel stable without harming the Dudley Boys by putting Tommy Dreamer through a table at a ppv in TYOOL 2015.

I have to imagine this is where this is going. When did the wormhole open up and smash together 2015 and 1997?

Also, does anyone remember Dreamer besides 30+ year olds? Or even the Dudleys? If you're 12 watching this, do you give a single gently caress about any of these guys?

I'm 29, feelin' fine. And maybe some younger folks who were into WWE or even TNA in say 2006 and on know these guys.

Plus, even if somebody hasn't seen these guys, how is it different than say Neville coming to the ring? Much of the roster is practically a blank slate anyway, with no notable angles or anything under their belt. Granted there's NXT for him.

When I was 12 in 98, it's not like I knew who The Rock and Triple H were. I turned on the TV and they were entertaining. Why do you need to know people beforehand? Everybody starts watching sometime. If they're good and the crowd isn't already dead, they can get them into it.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 2, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gonzo McFee posted:

I like Tommy Dreamer but I'm not sure what he has to offer other than being an old guy who's available to work.

He's lovable.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gonz posted:

I mean, they could always have him start eating garbage again.

He has a "can do" attitude.

I just gotta say, for the record, I don't agree with the anti-old people stuff you see on the net. I know in general WWE needs to push new people and their booking sucks, but giving a moment in the sun here and there for guys like this does no harm. Certainly less harm than a boring Sheamus or Del Rio reign.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 2, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MotU posted:

because tommy dreamer is cool, thats how why

I like the way you put that rapscallion poster in their place, stern but fair.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lady Naga posted:

How I decide which wrestlers I like:

If they don't look like I couldn't take them in a fight, they're not worth my time.

Just to get a picture here, what ratio of the roster could you take? And how about you vs CM Punk for example.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lady Naga posted:

I could probably beat up the cruiserweights but that fellow Braun Strowman looks like he could give me some trouble because he's tall and big (incidentally why he's my favourite wrestler). CM Punk is tough though, I could probably take him down if he wasn't allowed to get any verticality but the moment he starts flipping around I lose.

Are you an MMA fighter or something? I'm just curious, you sound kind of bad. Bit of a badass. Not making fun, but these seem like some bold claims.

I have no fight experience, and I believe any person who has been employed by WWE could defeat me. I'm 6'1 and whatnot, but I would go down 100% of the time. I got punched in the face at a Children of Bodom concert, that's my fight experience. By a guy who was crowdsurfing, it was like a drive-by. The coward.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shima Honnou posted:

Just laying on his back, trying desperately to flip himself over by pushing his head against the mat before the ref counts to three.

Is this a work or a shoot? I saw the guy have a hardcore match with Necro Butcher, guy was like ten feet away from me and was taking chairs and stuff like a goddamn Terminator. As far as I know Kevin Owens is an invincible beast machine.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

NickRoweFillea posted:

monday i was stuck in the los angeles airport for 10 hours and also dying of a fever so i missed raw, but it sounds like it was good that i missed it

Watch the Rusev segment and whatnot on the WWE youtube channel, it's quality stuff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

rovert posted:

So everyone is mad again at Lana and that is what this tweet relates to apparently:

The character Summer Rae is angry about something the character Summer Rae said to Michael Cole? This is like that movie Cool World, very confusing. Is Summer Rae a work or a shoot?

edit: I know what it is, she's doing a split personality gimmick. Like Brad Maddox wanted to do. I know for a fact Michael Cole would not lie.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 6, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

dromal phrenia posted:

I like Lana and Summer Rae (and Rusev) so I think they should focus their efforts on getting the writers to put in lines about how Ziggler has a small peen and smells bad and no one banged him ever.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tezzor posted:

i think the post WM crowd chanting at all the women that they suck their husbands/boyfriends dicks might have contributed to that

She had a fat contract for the next ten years sitting on her dressing room table that night too. But the chants got to her.

Can we use this opportunity to talk about CM Punk? I just watched that UFC Q&A he had from the summer, amazing stuff. When that random mark gets on the mic and talks about beating his rear end and getting with his sister etc. You can't script magic like that. WWE could learn a thing or two.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 6, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

keevo posted:

Wait AJ really left because of the chants? I thought she was talking about backstage stuff.

I was making a joke, because of how funny and ridiculous it is that somebody thought that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Luigi Thirty posted:

That, everyone, is an example of bad comedy.

Like Starscream's coronation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

So, do you guys think we're getting Rhyno or RVD tomorrow? Bubba Ray said another ECW guy is showing up tomorrow.

That would be cool, RVD is my fav and he's been in some mighty fine hardcore matches. Rhyno is still cool, hmm not sure who else they might go for, Sabu's still around.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Glamorama26 posted:

Sandman is all I want. He would somehow get over immediately

I'd mark out for that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The interview said Undertaker is a cool guy tho!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Too much Heyman, that's a good problem to have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Bubba Ray just tweeted a lyric from Enter Sandman

So there you go

That rocks so goddamn hard. The guy I mean, not Metallica. Ok they were pretty good too.

• Locked thread