Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah, I was saying sort of point in its favor, especially considering how annoying it is die in something like Streets Row The Third because the shooting and movement is so lovely and all you wanna do is see the next joke.

lmao so what youre saying is they fixed the wrong problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao so what youre saying is they fixed the wrong problem

Probably yeah. The videos I've seen of this have some of the most insane auto aim I've ever seen and as noted above, it feels like you always play with god mode on. I haven't played it myself so I can't speak to the actual fidelity of the controls though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the shooting was sloppy like that in 2 and I doubt they changed it too much

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game won't work for me, even after I installed the newest beta drivers everything in the game still moves in super slow motion. I'd refund it and get it for PS4 like I did with Arkham Knight but apparently the console versions run poorly too... I guess I'll just wait for a patch or something. Ah well.

ps4 version seems to run ok when you're standing around but when explosions go off it dips to averaging like 25/26ish. xbox drops into the teens if you spin the camera and there's too much scenery around. they seem to have maybe rushed the game, hindsight that they trucked an entire PC with ideal specs to giant bomb for the QL maybe should have tipped me off.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The autoaim seems really generous to make up for not great shooting but they also improved the combat use of stuff like the ropes, so instead of shooting people you can just attach them to things and launch them around the environment or at one another

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i'm probably going to buy this later tonight because over the past day or two i've developed a powerful hankering to play just cause style open world movement based game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the explosions and physics and everything look and feel fantastic so this game is good if you just want an idiots game to run around and smash everything

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

These games always seem to get really cheap really fast so I'll buy it on my PS4 if it doesn't run like dookie by then, OP.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The game is 51GB, yikes. i dont care about tech specs or w/e but im not used to having to uninstall a whole lot of stuff in order to fit a game on the computer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

51GB? Jesus.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

thank god i have real internet.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I made the mistake of preloading this, which meant that it required an additional 50gb to unpack, so I had to delete it and redownload it. It didn't matter though because the game doesn't work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC Gaming folks.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's really weird, the game doesn't crash at all and the framerate isn't bad, but instead, everything just moves and animates at about 1/3 the speed it's supposed to. I seem to be the only person having this issue. I wonder if it needs to be installed to the local drive instead of an external drive.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's really weird, the game doesn't crash at all and the framerate isn't bad, but instead, everything just moves and animates at about 1/3 the speed it's supposed to. I seem to be the only person having this issue.

lol. that owns. in terms of unplayable glitches, at least, it sounds like a really good one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Downloading a 50gb game three times in one day... For the win.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's really weird, the game doesn't crash at all and the framerate isn't bad, but instead, everything just moves and animates at about 1/3 the speed it's supposed to. I seem to be the only person having this issue. I wonder if it needs to be installed to the local drive instead of an external drive.
This is deliberate. The game is constantly walking away from an explosion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dude lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

50 GB is pretty much the standard filesize for big modern games and this is some huge open world poo poo. i thought it'd be more

gonna wait for this to be 10 bucks and bug free and im sure i'll love it if it's just "JC2 except prettier and better"

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The Uncharted game that came with my system was 45GB. Lmao...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love my Idiot's Game.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the freedom of movement in this game is, as the the french would say, incroyable

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edClX7E_Ito Here's a WinSuit course I did fairly flippin' deecely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87vy157PE0 Here's an explosion I caused with a helicopter, which I thought was pretty epic for the size of the locale.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish more friends on this account had this game so I had actual people on my leaderboards instead of strangers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

the freedom of movement in this game is, as the the french would say, incroyable

Rico's hitbox is kind of hosed up IMO, but otherwise agreed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or his collision box or whatever. I get pissed off when he's like a foot off the ground but it thinks I slammed into it. Uhh... I'm trying to skim over here... Assholes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tethering a helicopter that's chasing you to the ground is loving Epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just reeled to a anti air thing I wanted to hack and instead I kicked it into the water.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you just reminded me of vinny zipline headbutting everything on accident lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

you just reminded me of vinny zipline headbutting everything on accident lol

lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wormskull posted:

I just reeled to a anti air thing I wanted to hack and instead I kicked it into the water.

Hacking successful

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

it's doing this to me now as well, except only in the cutscenes and not during gameplay. its weird because it means everybody continues making talking motions for like 5 seconds after their dialog line ends.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I wish more friends on this account had this game so I had actual people on my leaderboards instead of strangers.

add me Turd McShit

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Tethering a helicopter that's chasing you to the ground is loving Epic.

it is i was like this helicopter is annoying to shoot down then i was like oh yeah i have a grappling hook

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope the guy with the japanese name and the bio that's a bunch of Dragon Ball Xenoverse emoticons formatted to look like the image of Vegeta being butt hosed by Piccolo is the guy who wanted to add me...

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

is there a way to cancel the wingsuit glide without having to deploy the parachute or crash into an object?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

is there a way to cancel the wingsuit glide without having to deploy the parachute or crash into an object?

It's a mod thing you unlock later.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I hope the guy with the japanese name and the bio that's a bunch of Dragon Ball Xenoverse emoticons formatted to look like the image of Vegeta being butt hosed by Piccolo is the guy who wanted to add me...

That is indeed my friend "lesbian 'moonwalkinvincible' baphomet" who has bad taste in open world games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a big fan of the wingsuit courses but I wish there was a global leaderboard and not like a Miiverse style one where you can only see a handful. Unless I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or like if their going to distribute leaderboardies to people at least make it like 1 person from every percentile range or something, that's how I would do it, were I the one designing the feature.

• Locked thread