Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
So what's the deal with the Back For Seconds gun schtick? It's really awesome, but not one of the archetypes has it or is capable of Awesomeing Up and getting it as far as I can see. Is that an error, is there another way of getting schticks or am I just blind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Finally got to run FS2. I did the Red Packet Rumble with a Magic Cop, a Killer and Big Bruiser Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. They absolutely clowned the first encounter, kicking the everloving gently caress out of Sheng, with the Rock RKOing him into a fountain while the Killer and Cop repeatedly unloaded weapons into his face. The Killer killed every single mook in a single attack. I read out the bit about the Ascended making sure they get off scott free and the party went "aww hell naw" so we decided to add another encounter to the session where they stopped them. When the party got to the demon temple, the Boss got repeatedly shot in the heart and thrown through masonry and basically just got the poo poo pushed into his head. A random mook did 29 damage to the Rock, by exploding a dice a million times. Both demons got immediately banished in the first sequence by the Magic Cop. As a bonus encounter, we decided to have a car chase where Tony and Sheng attempted to get to the airport, assisted by an enforcer and some goons sent by the Ascended. There was a lot of leaping from vehicle to vehicle, some Brock Samsoning as people dove through windscreens to take the driver seat, an exploding truck full of nitromethane, a detour through a supermarket and an eventual massive beatdown, gundown and covering in burning nitromethane which led to all the bads dead on the roadside. A passing traffic cop tried to arrest the party, was successfully bribed by the Killer and then promptly arrested for taking a bribe by the Magic Cop.

Overall, would definitely play/run again. I really enjoyed the madcap combat antics, the shot counter system works really really well and the archetypes are a lot of fun. We thought the car chase rules overcomplicated things a little bit, with having to keep track of the cars and everyone in them. The game is a little thin on the ground outside of combat as well (intentionally so, really.)

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
I'm coming off Spellbound Kingdoms so I like to have Fortune spends allowed after seeing the roll. It does slow things down a bit, but it's worth it for the "goddammit I need to pass this roll" *furiously marks off another Fortune* when people roll a Swerve of like -4

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

Scene planning question: It looks like my next scene is going to revolve around the party all being in one car, but all armed and attacking the incoming enemy vehicles. Since that's like four PCs attacking enemy vehicles, but still only one friendly vehicle to field all the Chase Points, what level of enemy opposition should make for a good scene? How many chasing cars / mook cars should I send after them?

Remember that passengers can't actually target the car directly to do Chase Points unless they get a Way-Good Success. They can just shoot at the people in the car. That's probably gonna mean that they all blow the driver to smithereens and the bads will have to play hot potato with the steering wheel, taking the 15 Chase Points a time for not having a driver. In terms of how many cars, when I did a chase scene with 3 PCs in one car, the opposition was 2 cars with 3 mooks in, a car with 3 mooks and a featured foe and a car with 2 featured foes. It went pretty well, balance-wise. The mook cars are probably not going to do a lot because if you kill the driver (lol, if) that car's probably gonna crash and explode with all the mooks inside, so I upped the number of featured foes a bit.

Edit: All three PCs ended up in or on enemy vehicles at some point during the chase, which spread the enemy attacks out. Eventually they just abandoned their car for full time boarding action, I wasn't really keeping track of their chase points so I don't know if they did it because they were close to crashing or because it was cool.

Doodmons fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 29, 2016

• Locked thread