Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Captain Walker posted:

All right, I'm running the core book adventure tonight. Sample archetypes only, starting without the crazy stuff from other junctures. Any advice for a first time FS GM?

I know I am a bit late to the party here, but encourage your players (and lead by example) to really go batshit insanely over the top with describing their characters' antics. I ran Red Packet Rumble at a local game con a couple months ago and I had one guy who went out of his way to turn his horrible miss against a set of mooks into an action that broke all the caged-doves free (I mean, it's a wedding, there have to be doves, right?) and sent them winging in slow-motion throughout the fight to the background of bad 80's power metal ballads.

Start them off by just asking them to narrate how they killed/knocked out someone, and you'll lead them down the road to glorious carnage descriptions in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
My rule is you roll fortune with the main roll, however I've let it be spent afterwards if a character can awesomely describe how he could use it to make the game incredibly entertaining.

• Locked thread