Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

learnincurve posted:

edit: Calling it: red bull gonna create their own alternative F1 series with hookers, blackjack and Newey designed Aston Martins and be out of the sport by 2017/18.

Or Aston Martin lure Newey over to WEC to design them a LMP1, and Red Bull collapse in a heap of hilarious drama and awful cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Helicon One posted:

Or Aston Martin lure Newey over to WEC to design them a LMP1, and Red Bull collapse in a heap of hilarious drama and awful cars.

Either way this does reek of someone desperately trying to keep Newey happy and agreeing to his every whim.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I read this way differently than you guys. This isn't about keeping Newey happy. This is about mattershits trying to make Red Bull into a premium brand that gets a modicum of respect and isn't the butt of jokes among anyone older than 19. This is the same reason he signed on Tag. I think the man is truly insane and thinks if he has some upscale names on his car long enough he's fizzy drinks will be highly regarded among the social elite.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh no, no no no no hang on..this means Aston Martin DB11 show cars in red bull colours does it not?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Formula 1 season :w00t:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Given that the new season starts in a few hours should someone not start a new OP?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Oh no, no no no no hang on..this means Aston Martin DB11 show cars in red bull colours does it not?

No I think it means James Bond orders a Red Bull in the next film.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol C4 has nicked so many of Sky's people they have had to hire a random swarthy ex-mechanic as a new expert.

edit: Also Graeme Lowdon

edit again: lol Pinkham is very pregnant so they no longer have any girls either.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 17, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

lol C4 has nicked so many of Sky's people they have had to hire a random swarthy ex-mechanicas a new expert.

edit: Also Graeme Lowdon

Sounds like a cool guy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pinkham wasn't pregnant when this show began.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Welp. Sauber are as broke as Lotus were.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
They've been on unsteady ground for a while. Guess that Banco de Brazil money doesn't go too far. Isn't Brazil's economy in rather dire straits?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Welp. Sauber are as broke as Lotus were.

Sauber are as broke as Sauber were.

Oh how people have already forget what a complete loving poo poo team they are and should have been closed a year ago for the fact they hired 6 drivers for their 2 seats last season just to have enough money to keep racing. If they were any other business they would have been closed and done for fraud.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/4aueoy/ot_lewis_hamilton_has_autism/

I hope the URL speaks for itself.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

George Zimmer posted:

They've been on unsteady ground for a while. Guess that Banco de Brazil money doesn't go too far. Isn't Brazil's economy in rather dire straits?

Every country in South America is in the shitter with the only exception of Chile who are in the bathroom area.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

quote:

I watched the press conference from this morning and it seemed like Hamilton spent 99.9% of the time on his phone, only really looking up when he was asked a question. I am like this a lot, and do sort of the same. I have constantly been told that 'I am glued to my phone' especially at college.

Lewis Hamilton came up with the egg challenge

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis Hamilton certainly has a very silly beard right now. It's almost Perez at the start of last year awful.

edit: random redditor wasn't wrong about the phone though, it's being repeated and he's being a somewhat of a prima donna dickhead with it.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 17, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

learnincurve posted:

Lewis Hamilton certainly has a very silly beard right now. It's almost Perez at the start of last year awful.

What's her name?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

what's her name?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

The answer is an emphatic yes.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Good news! The sniff petrol 2016 review is out and is entertaining to read. Maybe not as good as last year, but still good.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2016-formula1-guide/#.VuqGNvynzqB

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh OK. This is absolutely the year British press and public turn on Lewis (we do this as a nation when we think someone has "got too big for their boots" and it's always ugly) Palmer on the other hand is fresh faced, clever, and comes across really well on TV.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I like how everyone bitched at Ron for saying he wouldn't let Lewis act the way he does in public and then you are now hearing how he's a nightmare for the sponsorship department at Mercedes.

Ron was right.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Reporter: So Lewis, what phone do you use an iPhone or a Blackberry?

Lewis (wearing a shirt with a huge Blackberry logo on it): both

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

I know enough about that world to know that response alone would cause a shitstorm. Marketing departments are loving insane and OCD about their brand image.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Given that the new season starts in a few hours should someone not start a new OP?

I'm getting it together, it'll go up before FP1

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm more excited about a new OP than the actual season start.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide live starts a 1am. Everything goes on a repeat cycle from 9:30am

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

What's her name?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

Yeh OK. This is absolutely the year British press and public turn on Lewis (we do this as a nation when we think someone has "got too big for their boots" and it's always ugly) Palmer on the other hand is fresh faced, clever, and comes across really well on TV.

This is the year I turn on you if you keep posting this pro-Brussels propaganda

#VoteLeave

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

El Hefe posted:

At least his answer implied that he sometimes uses a Blackberry. I mean, come on, who the gently caress else does any more?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

poty posted:

This is the year I turn on you if you keep posting this pro-Brussels propaganda

#VoteLeave

If we vote leave then Lewis has lived so long in Monaco then it means they have to keep him, and as an added bonus all those elderly orange leather sofas in Spain lose their pensions. I'm in.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

leaving the EU is as dumb or dumber than some of the poo poo trump has proposed

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Payndz posted:

At least his answer implied that he sometimes uses a Blackberry. I mean, come on, who the gently caress else does any more?

People in Washington DC apparently

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
also lol that Spain is the UK's Florida

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I forget if you are American or not wika. The EU is a fantastic place to be if you are a lovely small country with a hosed economy or Germany. It's not awesome if your country has it's poo poo together as you end up subsidising lazy fuckers who want to sit in the sun all day and say "lol us pay our bills, can't take what you have mate" instead of telling Germany to gently caress off and trading more with Asia.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
Can you stick to making lovely posts about F1 and leave the loving politics out of here.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I forget if you are American or not wika. The EU is a fantastic place to be if you are a lovely small country with a hosed economy or Germany. It's not awesome if your country has it's poo poo together as you end up subsidising lazy fuckers who want to sit in the sun all day and say "lol us pay our bills, can't take what you have mate" instead of telling Germany to gently caress off and trading more with Asia.

i am american. you are subsidizing them because together you are relevant on the international stage whereas otherwise you are only relevant because we both speak english.

the EU was a great way for the former world powers to pool their resources and stay influential, if you split up you're just acquiescing to being somebody's bitch in the next century

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

El Hefe posted:

also lol that Spain is the UK's Florida

It's also where we keep our most ardent racists. "Those Muslims all invading the UK refusing to integrate with the community or to learn proper English, it's why I left 20 years ago...Me? Speak Spanish? Why would I want to learn Spanish everyone round hear speaks English?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

be nice wicka posted:

if you split up you're just acquiescing to being somebody's bitch in the next century

We are Germany's bitch now :( at least the Chinese or Americans can't set laws that override our own.

• Locked thread