Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Volguus posted:

This Day 4 challenge, I have the feeling that I should have done it by actually knowing how MD5 works (very well) and then figuring out what kind of message would produce what kind of output. But then I just brute forced it, parallelized it and called it a day. I feel dirty. Then again, it is the simplest solution, but ...

I didn't feel that dirty doing it that way, my slow rear end perl script took less than a second to do part 1 and about 3 seconds to do part 2. Only crashed my terminal once when I called the script with no input and triggered a warning on every iteration... This string parsing challenge was pretty simple to do with perls regex engine as well.

Is there any way to change what link is associated with your name to something other than the default for the login service you used? I used Google as my id provider but I'd rather link my github profile than my g+ profile if I end up making it onto the leaderboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread