Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I think this one was faster to solve by hand than it would have been to write any code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Volguus posted:

What I hope is that in January we would get the really nice and elegant solutions to all these problems which would put my brute-forced crap to shame.

If you found a nice, elegant, polynomial-time solution to most of these problems, you'd be off redefining human knowledge of mathematics rather than posting it as the solution to an internet programming puzzle.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Urgh, I finished 16 and 21-25 by hand (being away from my normal dev machine), but now I guess I need to find somewhere to actually code up solutions to 17-20.

How long is this going to be up?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The question is asking you to check the initial digits of the hexadecimal encoding of the hash output.

• Locked thread