Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Confirmed. Alpha. One. Using your target for attack.

"Welcome, Admiral Harkov. We have a matter to discuss."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Why not, didn't wanna die alone anyway.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Cracked_Gear posted:

Doctor Freeeeman... I realize this moment may not be the most convenient for a heart to heart, but I had to wait until your... friends... were otherwise occ-upied" - You know what game this is

I love this whole scene. The way he says "Doctor Freeman" is pitch perfect. Has there ever been a line that just made you feel "Aww man, I'm in trouble" like you're a little kid?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Apr 25, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I didn't even play Halo 3, but read the terminals found in the game and this line has always stuck with me. Two Forerunner AIs are fighting (one for the Forerunner, one for the Flood), and someone just set off a Halo, killing all the organics inside the ships.

quote:

It is best that our crews perished now; because the battle that is about to ensue would have driven them mad.

The next page goes into a bit more depth - "I toss around [37,654 tonne] dreadnoughts like they were fighters; dimly aware of the former crews being crushed to liquescence" - but just that quoted line still gets to me.

• Locked thread