Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
How were the Cygnus Knight revamps? I think I quit last when they just started. Is the fire wizard as fun as it looked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Blaze Wiz was hella fun and then got nerfed like six times. I dunno how they are now, but probably still pretty decent.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Night Walkers are absurdly good DPS if that's your thing, only second to Zero. The rest of the knights fare pretty good as well and they all bring some interesting and fun gameplay. In particular, Thunder Breakers can punch lightning and water sharks at people.

Blaze Wizards I haven't played enough to comment on the gameplay of.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Finally got something good with those freebie scrolls.

Then I spent over 60 million mesos trying to upgrade it. Upgrades get brutal after Level 10.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So I'm thinking about coming back to this dumb game, at least casually. It's been years since I played and nothing is the same, so I'm not sure who I'd play. Is there a class that uses several skills in a rotation rather than spamming their single best skill over and over again like the old days? Paladin looks like he does a bit of that with the way the elemental charges enhance each other, but wondering what other options there are.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Maybe like... Thunder Breaker? I'm not sure how they work. Dawn Warrior will use one skill key but it switches between two skills! A bunch of classes will use different skills when they come off cool-down but yeah, usually its 1 skill most of the time from what I can think of off the top of my head? Try making an Aran, though it involves a lot of spamming buttons. She's getting revamped in a few (read: 3-5) months, and should be cool then.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So I'm thinking about coming back to this dumb game, at least casually. It's been years since I played and nothing is the same, so I'm not sure who I'd play. Is there a class that uses several skills in a rotation rather than spamming their single best skill over and over again like the old days? Paladin looks like he does a bit of that with the way the elemental charges enhance each other, but wondering what other options there are.

I love Aran because she essentially has 3 variations of attack patterns depending on the combo counter:
1. attack->attack->attack
2. attack->attack->attack->finishing skill1->finishing skill2 etc.
3. finishing skill spam

The finishing skills aren't just single button presses either, but a combination of key presses similar to a fighting game.

Edit: Any spots left in the guild? I've applied as Exodontia

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
there's an issue right now with aran where if you bind combo tempest to a key it'll wipe all your keybindings

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yaaaay, patch notes! Sweet hot time event coming up on the 19th! http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/5450/v-169--kinesis-patch-notes

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
worth noting as well is the hot week of the 21st where if you get the box on the same character every day, you will get not one but two 100% epic potential scrolls (and really, out of the rewards, why pick anything else?)

also for leveling a kinesis to 90 you will get eighteen master craftsman cubes

quote:

Monday, December 21 - Special Medal of Honor (gives 10,000 Honor EXP) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Tuesday, December 22 - Epic Potential Scroll 100% (7-day duration) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Wednesday, December 23 - 1 Hour 2x EXP Coupon (x3) (7-day duration) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Thursday, December 24 - Equip Tab 4 Slot Coupon and Reboot Coins (x10)
Friday, December 25 - 2,000 Maple Reward Points and Reboot Coins (x10)
Saturday, December 26 - Use Tab 4 Slot Coupon and Reboot Coins (x30)
Sunday, December 27 - Reboot Coins (x20). And if you received a Gift Box every day this week (with characters in the same world, not world alliance), then you can also select one additional reward from the items given Monday through Saturday

you just have to log in on the days for the hot week thankfully and not adhere to a typical hot time schedule

e: gently caress all that poo poo new mu lung dojo will loving sell soul enchanters

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 16, 2015

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

quote:

New Year's Countdown
Once the countdown is finished, a Special Shop will appear for 1 hour from 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM Pacific (3:00 AM - 4:00 AM Eastern) selling some items for mesos.
These are limited quantity items. Get the goodies before someone else does!

haha great idea

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sorry, but had to kick a few people out of the guild to make space. If you got kicked and want back in, just apply again! We'll have a second guild up at some point but we'll have to make do until then.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

im hella swole af

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
monster within level range 69/200 :wink:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

:911:

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds
I stopped playing MS because of the massive paywall, but seeing Reboot makes me want to give it a small go again. Probably won't stay long like I used to but willing to peep some new stuff out that I missed.

Rusty Bodega fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 22, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

More double miracle time on Saturday! http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//5610/

COME AT ME GHOST
Apr 20, 2014

My friends and I started playing again because Reboot (I think the last time I played was when Kaiser was released). I currently have a level 159 Wild Hunter and all my gear is poo poo and I have no idea where to go from here. I have everything Pensalir, but all of it's basic, nothing good potential-wise. My attack range is pretty poor, even fully buffed. What kind of equips should I be looking into now? Any particular set or what?

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Try and get your Pensalir weapon to Legendary, aim for atk%, boss dmg, ignore def or crit %, not sure if WH need crit or not. Same with your secondary equip. Farm mesos buy cubes use them, Farm bosses, Do Dimensional Invasion 5 times a day for XP, grind xp at temple of time or wherever. Maybe level up some link skill characters to buff up your main. Demon Avenger gives you % Damage, Kanna gives you % damage, Mercedes gives you % bonus xp etc.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ZionestLord posted:

Maybe level up some link skill characters to buff up your main. Demon Avenger gives you % Damage, Kanna gives you % damage, Mercedes gives you % bonus xp etc.

link skills are bugged (again) so every time you quit the client (or it crashes) you have to log onto each of the link skill mules to re-activate it on the character you're linking. it's ridiculously tedious and i don't typically bother anymore.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

link skills are bugged (again) so every time you quit the client (or it crashes) you have to log onto each of the link skill mules to re-activate it on the character you're linking. it's ridiculously tedious and i don't typically bother anymore.

Well thats lovely.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Sent a guild application (Demicolon), guess I'll play this again.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is the Elemental Staff still the best weapon for a Battle Mage? I think last time I just bought it, but I guess now I have to farm it, what drops it? I'm not sure if I can trust these multiple year old online guides resources

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

You can get versions 1-4 from Emperor Toad in Ninja Castle, but the quests are a pain and the boss is level 180. I think you can get 5-8 from Crimsonwood Keep PQ but it might still be broken? It was on Reboot's launch, anyways. Also it takes a minimum of 10 characters to run so it would probably be difficult to find a party.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
Just started playing this game again and holy poo poo! I started when the only two servers were Scania and Bera and wow did they change a lot. Made a Xenon and it's been sooooo much better playing through the early levels.

I'm really glad a lot of the areas and music are the same though. Was hit by a major nostalgia bomb when I got to Henesys and heard the music. I don't know what it is but I love this game so much.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silento posted:

You can get versions 1-4 from Emperor Toad in Ninja Castle, but the quests are a pain and the boss is level 180.

also every time you want to fight him you have to do an obnoxious jq, and he's on a two-hour (i think) respawn per channel, so you can do the obnoxious jq only to find out he's dead on that channel and have to cc and try again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

When are we going to fight bosses and other party stuff? The guild doesn't seem to be very active.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I got to 156 on my bowmaster and got pretty bored afterwards, haven't logged in for the past few days. Game got pretty boring for me once quests stopped being worth it, or when the only thing that can really screw you is a boss that one hits you if you don't have enough HP.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Mill Village posted:

When are we going to fight bosses and other party stuff? The guild doesn't seem to be very active.

When Gollux is fixed we should definitely try doing hard mode! The set effect for Reinforced Gollux equips is really good. Other than that we could do RA for GP, but it's easy. I'm up for grinding in a party but my two characters are 192 and 145, dunno where everyone else is at.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mill Village posted:

there's not really a whole lot to do that both requires a party that we could put together + is actually worth doing, and partying for bosses is gets an extra layer of clunky because pets will still hoover up whatevers on the ground and you can't divvy up the loot on reboot

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

You can turn off autoloot in the pet tab of the equip window! But yeah, we need to get swole.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's still really awkward to loot esp. if a boss dies near a corner cause there's a pile of crap on the ground and you have to hope people aren't grabbing what they can't use cause welp now it's untradable

they shoulda made all boss loot instanced on reboot but welp

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The upcoming hot week that starts tomorrow has a free pet on Saturday the 9th! It only lasts 30 days, though. If you log in every day of the week you can get it on two different characters! More info here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/5658/hot-week-1-4--1-10

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

In other news:

Thanks Krexel love u too bb :wink:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I like how the Starworld boxes give out Cubic Blades when you can't use them in Reboot. They don't even show up in your inventory so you can sell them.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Don't forget, today's hot week reward is a free 30-day pet! Also, Ursus and KFT revamp next week!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Thought Reboot looked interesting, but to my surprise my account got banned for "illegal advertising", however that happened. Is it worth giving it another shot?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Try sending in a ticket and asking to be unbanned, apparently Nexon is willing to unban pretty much anyone the first time they're banned, for better or worse. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Anyone still play regularly in the reboot guild? Need some goons for commerci pq.

• Locked thread