Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, I've just been playing on alts. I finished Tynerum but never started Commerci, I'll get on that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I stopped playing in early 2013 (Before the phantom guy was released, I think) when I decided the cash shop was bleeding me dry and it was an unhealthy thing for me to be playing.

I'm going to try Reboot, though. Is there anything I should know about it? Are Perma-Beginners still a thing? I had a level 80 beginner and it was great fun.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I wound up scratching the nostalgia itch with a pre-Big Bang private server, which has been decently fun so far.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Just play Reboot, its better!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Some sweet new damage skins in the latest KMST patch: https://twitter.com/Spadow/status/692572426673229825

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I would almost unironically buy musical damage skins.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Spadow/status/695008685731479552

:perfect:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

JMS just got an updated Mushroom Shrine, I guess it's a theme dungeon-like now? It uses the new skeleton animation system like KFT apparently. I hope they revamp NLC and Masteria the same way!

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I want to play this again, what class do the cool kids play these days?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'd recommend one of the Cygnus Knights (other than Wind Archer and maybe Thunder Breaker), one of the base Resistance (Mech, Wild Hunter, BaM), or one of the newer released/reworked classes like Mihile, Kinesis, or Shade. Thunder Breaker is fun but kind of awful to play later on. Most of the adventurer classes are good, and none of them are worse than average. Don't play a Jett. Beast Tamer is cool and has great buffs but is terrible at bossing. Aran and Evan are getting updated in the coming months, Evan needs it way more than Aran. Just play whatever! Other than a Wind Archer or Jett.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I logged into Maple last night because I was bored, but I ended up having a lot of fun so I've been playing today too. I guess I'm active again, at least until iToS comes out. In other news, new GMS exclusive content coming out soon, and from the 3 screenshots that have been released it looks probable it's related to New Leaf City! If it's not, I hope it's Dawnveil content.

I went to Scrapyard on my I/L and apparently even Scrapyard mobs are affected by the Reboot ruleset. They have a shitload of hp, but even the weakest ones give 200k exp each! The spawn is great, so I'ma try grinding there today during x2.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/7225

:aaaaa:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I was going to not play this, then I remember highschool and then I remembered I have a controller and well

it's installing I guess.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Welp, installing.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I need to spend some time to figure out how to get my steam controller to recognize this game.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Pigs are flying and it's snowing in hell. :stare:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//7663/

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
im 43 and have depopulated a beach. why am i doing this. is there hope for me?

a million mesos is my reward

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I accidentally used a beauty icon and my character is horrifying, am I stuck rouletting to fix this

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

I accidentally used a beauty icon and my character is horrifying, am I stuck rouletting to fix this

If you find a hair you like but not a face, or vice versa, just save it in the beauty salon! You can access it by clicking the salon button at the bottom of your equip menu. You get slots 3 slots of both hair and face for free, and can switch to any of your saved styles at any time for just 100k mesos! Pretty good deal imo. It doesn't save skin color, so make sure you are happy with that aspect before the event ends!

Edit: Also, apply to GoonSquad if you haven't already, I'll accept you tomorrow. Leader is OfIceAndMen if you can't tell which guild.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Silento posted:

If you find a hair you like but not a face, or vice versa, just save it in the beauty salon! You can access it by clicking the salon button at the bottom of your equip menu. You get slots 3 slots of both hair and face for free, and can switch to any of your saved styles at any time for just 100k mesos! Pretty good deal imo. It doesn't save skin color, so make sure you are happy with that aspect before the event ends!

Edit: Also, apply to GoonSquad if you haven't already, I'll accept you tomorrow. Leader is OfIceAndMen if you can't tell which guild.

Wish I could save skin color, but thanks a bunch!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I have been playing on MapleRoyals, a v.62 server. Has anyone played here before? I just want to know if I am wasting my time, before I really start pouring myself into a character. It has like 1.2k people on at peak hours I guess?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Having trouble applying to the guild? Also level 80, rip me.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Um, I don't think it's full, but it might be. I'll check when I get home.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Are goons still playing on the reboot server or has everyone migrated back to the other servers?

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I play on Reboot and I don't see why I would ever go back to the other servers, the game is just more fun on Reboot imo

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

lemonslol posted:

I have been playing on MapleRoyals, a v.62 server. Has anyone played here before? I just want to know if I am wasting my time, before I really start pouring myself into a character. It has like 1.2k people on at peak hours I guess?

As far as private servers go, it's one of the better ones in terms of population and stability, but the economy is kind of hosed. Turns out if you make AP resets tradable, continue to make HP washing required, and give people 9000 NX a day for a minute's worth of effort, people start making ~16 mil every day. Aside from that mess it's worth going for if you're looking for the nostalgic feel.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I played some Reboot and really think its the best iteration of the game by far. I've been playing Black Desert and waiting for Tree of Savior.. ToS may very well be the game for us to get the band back together :D

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://orangemushroom.net/2016/03/20/maplestory-user-discussion-5th-job-confirmed-for-2016/#more-17401?nxid=6

5th job planned for this year, nice!

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
I've got a new Mechanic on the Reboot server. Level 33; having fun. Lonely.

LafayetteIA
Dec 31, 2013
Someone keeps logging into the guild on a kanna, I thought I was the only one left!!! Who are you!?!

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
Can I keep the Maple music playing while I'm tabbed out? It's great music!

LafayetteIA
Dec 31, 2013
Play in window mode

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

These skins look great!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
texture edit the liberty crit into kelly's crying liberty and you've got a s-tier skin

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6487

Huh. I think EMS has additional options, hope we get them too!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

5th job is out on KMST! It comes to live servers on the 14th, apparently. It looks like a more nuanced hyper skill system, and it comes with a huge new area past the Door to the Present in ToT. Also the quests involve Kao, which is something I thought they dropped! Yay! :toot:

Tons of other changes as well, some highlights: Inventory slot cap increased to 128 from 96, stats reworked (accuracy and avoid finally removed, :lol:), and min and max critical damage recombined into one stat.

More info in Max's post, as always: https://orangemushroom.net/2016/06/26/kmst-ver-1-2-035-5th-job/

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Looks like they added DFO's Exorcism stat for the new area. That'll be fun (it's not fun)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nighthand posted:

Looks like they added DFO's Exorcism stat for the new area. That'll be fun (it's not fun)

Well, Star Force areas already exist. Will it be any different?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
do people play this still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015

Biowarfare posted:

do people play this still

Yeah you should play too and then you'll finally have friends who love you instead of children spitting at you in the street.

But when I log in I don't see anyone. I also haven't learned to use the chat yet.

• Locked thread