Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fano posted:

e: game is not launching on Windows 10, welp.

servers are down for unscheduled maintenance, i.e: they broke due to load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the game will not even launch if it's in maintenance mode, no

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silento posted:

Hey sm.gif, long time no see. How ya been? :coffeepal:

i'm good, reboot has intrigued me but fuckin hell was it crowded

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
not really. the best you can really do is bind interact with npc to a button but it doesn't change inventory management/point allocation.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
servers are back down for unscheduled maintenance and i'll pretty much guarantee you it's because nexon doesn't know what overflow is

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
they've changed the ui over time but the controls are what they are cause this game is, at this point, at least 14 years old. i'm not going to defend it but that's why it's that way.

teleports have a fixed distance (they used to say the distance but it was so ridiculously vague with "teleport a distance of 100" that who cares) which is why sometimes you can't teleport up through a platform. they can also dislike height changes if you're teleporting horizontally.

this is assuming kanna's teleport works like regular rear end teleport from mages, if it doesn't then who knows. maple story is a very mysterious game.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

YES bread posted:

this game is so good

despite everything it's still the nexon i know and love

but yes i guarantee that's what the maintenance right now is for

quote:

So is the control issue a result of 14 year old spaghetti code then?

not really spaghetti code per se, just that's how it was designed way back when and they've never shown any inclination to change it

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

2x drop time + more boss drops from reboot, that's a lotta poo poo

i mean most of it is that, poo poo, but hey

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silento posted:

Not a bad start! Add in my 15% int emblem and things are going well! :unsmith:

do you wanna go beat up normal ht this afternoon

oh also the ninja castle is open and exists, i think they only closed it in kms though, because even on reboot the mobs have no hp and don't exclusively drop your class's stuff

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
nl is having issues on reboot because they really suffer from being unfunded

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Umbreon posted:

What about shads?

dunno. probably less than nl due to not loving attack as much and not having to farm your own stars

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
there's an issue right now with aran where if you bind combo tempest to a key it'll wipe all your keybindings

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
worth noting as well is the hot week of the 21st where if you get the box on the same character every day, you will get not one but two 100% epic potential scrolls (and really, out of the rewards, why pick anything else?)

also for leveling a kinesis to 90 you will get eighteen master craftsman cubes

quote:

Monday, December 21 - Special Medal of Honor (gives 10,000 Honor EXP) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Tuesday, December 22 - Epic Potential Scroll 100% (7-day duration) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Wednesday, December 23 - 1 Hour 2x EXP Coupon (x3) (7-day duration) and Reboot Coins (x10)
Thursday, December 24 - Equip Tab 4 Slot Coupon and Reboot Coins (x10)
Friday, December 25 - 2,000 Maple Reward Points and Reboot Coins (x10)
Saturday, December 26 - Use Tab 4 Slot Coupon and Reboot Coins (x30)
Sunday, December 27 - Reboot Coins (x20). And if you received a Gift Box every day this week (with characters in the same world, not world alliance), then you can also select one additional reward from the items given Monday through Saturday

you just have to log in on the days for the hot week thankfully and not adhere to a typical hot time schedule

e: gently caress all that poo poo new mu lung dojo will loving sell soul enchanters

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 16, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
monster within level range 69/200 :wink:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ZionestLord posted:

Maybe level up some link skill characters to buff up your main. Demon Avenger gives you % Damage, Kanna gives you % damage, Mercedes gives you % bonus xp etc.

link skills are bugged (again) so every time you quit the client (or it crashes) you have to log onto each of the link skill mules to re-activate it on the character you're linking. it's ridiculously tedious and i don't typically bother anymore.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silento posted:

You can get versions 1-4 from Emperor Toad in Ninja Castle, but the quests are a pain and the boss is level 180.

also every time you want to fight him you have to do an obnoxious jq, and he's on a two-hour (i think) respawn per channel, so you can do the obnoxious jq only to find out he's dead on that channel and have to cc and try again.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mill Village posted:

When are we going to fight bosses and other party stuff? The guild doesn't seem to be very active.

there's not really a whole lot to do that both requires a party that we could put together + is actually worth doing, and partying for bosses is gets an extra layer of clunky because pets will still hoover up whatevers on the ground and you can't divvy up the loot on reboot

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's still really awkward to loot esp. if a boss dies near a corner cause there's a pile of crap on the ground and you have to hope people aren't grabbing what they can't use cause welp now it's untradable

they shoulda made all boss loot instanced on reboot but welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
texture edit the liberty crit into kelly's crying liberty and you've got a s-tier skin

• Locked thread