Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012
The reboot server is almost tempting enough to make me play this drat game again, but then I remembered that having 350+ ping sucks pretty badly. I wonder if wtfast works with this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

Region lock is applied differently by account
. Some account is allowed to log in without it.

Legacy accounts created before they implemented the ip blocks can play Maplestory regardless. I have a spare legacy account registered to an email I can't access anymore, but gently caress going through Nexon's CS.

Double stab is still hilariously bad, wizards and elves are assholes

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 4, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

Abuse the "free" equipment upgrade system. I've not had an equip break yet and 5 star everything is hilarious. The stat boost is ridiculous.

There's only a chance to break when going over +11 iirc

So, uh, I've been getting three levels every time I fill up my bar as a Hayato. I'm guess that's not supposed to happen. Made leveling to 100 really quick, I tell you what.

Nexon posted:

Sizzling Santa

Wednesday, December 2 – Wednesday, December 30

Help cover for Santa Paul in Happyville’s first-ever Santa Contest! Recruit a team of elves and reindeer and receive daily rewards for all of your hard work. Complete Santa’s Missions daily to earn even more rewards! Earn slot expansion coupons, 2x coupons, Reboot Coins, and more. This event also features another Burning Character effect available for characters Lv. 33 – 150!

This is only active on a single character per account though.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 4, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Fano posted:

Speaking of controllers, I was sad that my steam controlled seemed incompatible with the game, my old 360 controller got chewed up and so I no longer have it to play maple with.

If anyone has a steam controller and has managed to get it set up to work with Maplestory, I would love to hear how, as things like joy2key don't seem to work with it.

e: I have applied to the guild as FanoTheNoob

Try running joy2key ot xpadder with admin privileges if you haven't tried that yet.

Lux Aeterna posted:

is there a "help im an idiot baby and literally need my hand held for everything because i haven't played this poo poo in 9 years" post somewhere

this game is a goddamn void of excess now even on reboot

Do your job advancements, maybe grind out some levels, maybe do some quests from the lightbulb on the left side of your screen???

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Yeah, having to afk for an hour to get to where you wanted to be, grinding the same monsters in the same map for 10+ levels, 10+ hours per level and being able to more or less irreversably gently caress up your character sure was fun when I was 14 and hated myself! :thumbsup:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

I honestly wish I could just pay them more mesos to just skip the enforced, single person chatroom/loading screen. I've got genocide to commit.

You kinda can do this now. Victoria -> Ereve/Edelstein, Ereve -> Orbis/Edelstein is a lot faster than taking the boat. Getting to Ludi or Nihal still sucks though. Quest chains would be a much better way to show off the game world than crippling travel options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Well, I downloaded the game again, but what the hell happened to the font? Anything coming from an NPC on that white background is so blurry that half the time I can't even read it. I've tried changing my resolutions and enabling and disabling fullscreen, but neither seem to help. What gives?

If it's just the font, you can try disabling true type and or edge smoothing in windows settings.

• Locked thread