Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
I haven't played since the beta, except for that short stint when Aran came out. I'm gonna make me another pole arm dude, this Reboot server is making me nostalgia so hard.

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Fano posted:

Is there a guild in reboot yet? currently downloading.

e: game is not launching on Windows 10, welp.

They just took the servers down for maintenance.

edit:
Reboot broke the game.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
So, uh, I've been getting three levels every time I fill up my bar as a Hayato. I'm guess that's not supposed to happen. Made leveling to 100 really quick, I tell you what.

Edit:
Abuse the "free" equipment upgrade system. I've not had an equip break yet and 5 star everything is hilarious. The stat boost is ridiculous.

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 4, 2015

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Dryzen posted:

I got to 140 send help

I got 120 last night and I'm now farming Blackgate for equipment. That zone is kick rear end! Demon infested Neo-Tokyo with space marines? :hellyeah:

The gear that the bosses drop is pretty cool too.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Fano posted:

Completely unable to launch the game for 2 days now.

Server is up now.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Tyty posted:

I haven't played an archer since yeeeaars ago back on Windia, but since they're my go-to class for a new MMO, so I've made one on Reboot. I know a couple of the changes since I've hopped on the game every now and then to play with some of the special classes, but not much. I'll say having a dash finally is really really nice.

I'm having trouble deciding between hunter and crowssbowman though. Is it still the mess where crossbowmen skills look cooler but hunters are just plain better?

I donno, but I hear that crossbows get a damage boost when farther away or something though. Hunters shoot really quick (as do ever other bow user in the game). I haven't actually seen a Marksman on Reboot yet for what it's worth.

Also, seriously, when they said "more HP" they meant more HP. I hit 150 and suddenly killing everything 150+ is like taking down a mini boss. I can't wait until they fix the drop tables and put familiars back in outside momijigaoka because I need a free source of MP. Hayato guzzles more mp potions than a frat goes through natty light.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

slouch posted:

do people actually party up and train together in the reboot server or is it still super lonely?

I haven't seen people doing so, but they really should in the mid 100's+. Monster HP is so high that I'm constantly thinking that I'd probably be better off with at least one other person on the map.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Sent a guild join request as myHANZOsteel.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Gonna request for the guild as Litsha in a second

Also :argh: whoever took the name LiteralShade, or all the other LiteralX names I wanted

If you wanted to be super spergy, you could use "univocally" or "univocal" instead.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
I'd say that there isn't enough teleporting. Hyper teleport rocks, or at least its effect, should be open for use at all times for free.

I remember when the game was just Victoria Island and it was a sheer exercise in boredom trying to travel anywhere even with a inventory full of town teleport scrolls. Even worse was when you wanted to grind Tauromacis or whatever at the bottom of Sleepywood dungeon for 40+ hours for .1% of a level. That was one hell of an annoyingly long trip, jesus. You could shorten it by paying the VIP taxi its blood money, but ain't nobody had mesos for that. When they added in Orbis with that stupid airship, they just made it worse.

I know that all the games during that time period did that (I'm looking at you FFXI and the damned airships/ferries) but it doesn't make it a good idea. You can't even argue the social aspect because after the first week Orbis came out, everyone just afk'd in the ship hold to avoid getting one shot by Crimson Barlog. Hell, to this day I still hate that I have to wait if I do take an airship. I honestly wish I could just pay them more mesos to just skip the enforced, single person chatroom/loading screen. I've got genocide to commit.

Nostalgia goggles are a hell of a thing, but even my 15 year old brain thought it was a bad thing then and I'm one of those masochists that soloed Beastmaster to 75 in FFXI before CoP.

If it gets in the way of actually playing the game, it's gotta go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Umbreon posted:

It took me 55 levels to get to ardent mill and realize that hayato was a bad idea for my first char in the reboot server. :smith:

Are the Explorer classes still good?

I'm like 165 Hayato. Still haven't learned my lesson (I only hold down the attack key until everything dies; Shinsoku for bosses. Seriously, don't play Hayato on Reboot).

I'm excited for piledriver-explode-fists! It's 110% my type of class!

• Locked thread