Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Does it matter what you kill for equipment drops anymore? Do all mobs have a chance of dropping appropriate weapons for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

slouch posted:

do people actually party up and train together in the reboot server or is it still super lonely?

I went from 70 to 81 with a random fire/poison mage. Then I said we should go kill bunnies and he didn't want to, so we split up.

Holding out for my fire/poison friend to one day return.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Reboot is fun. I got from 1 to 93 on a cannonneer with no idea what I was doing in about... 5-6 hours? My highest level character was a 105 demon Slayer so its pretty different an experience.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Do lots of bosses. Don't put alts in unless you plan to do lots of bosses on them that moment! The guild is earning its way upwards, but it's a bit of a grind for now.

I got my main to 120, and have a question:

I made a Demon, and it instantly made me a Slayer. Can I not start as an Avenger? When does that split happen?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I thought you were just a generic "demon" until you leave the starting area?

It might be because I skipped the tutorial then. I already have a 120 demon Slayer on scania so I wanted to skip the story sections I already did. I guess that makes you automatically a slayer?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Lux Aeterna posted:

yeah i guess the question is "did they remove literally every reason to quest in this game for the first 150 levels outside of just doing PQs or killing thousands of mobs"?

Generally questing can be a good way to get levels and go to where you should be at your level. However, with sizzling wants giving 3 levels for every 1 and double xp going on, you will outlevel quests very. Very quickly.

Use the Maple Guide to see what areas you should be around to grind, it will also tell you what Theme Dungeons are at your level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Getting around now is hella easy, at least between big towns. Friendstory to henesys, quick travel to boat station, down to pantheon portal, pantheon to anywhere else.

• Locked thread