Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Arkane posted:

If the reports are accurate, it seems like the guy was going to do this anyway, and used whatever argument took place as an excuse to do the deed. They were certainly prepared - both in terms of their mental state and equipment - for a large attack.

What equipment? An SUV, some black clothes, and a couple of rifles and handguns? At least half the people on my block are equipped for a large attack by your standards. Not that I can speak for their mental states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Pipe Bombs, Bombs, IEDs, ect

You mean alleged pipe bombs that ended up being...pipes? I have a pipe in my car to help break lug nuts loose. Does that mean I'm equipped too? :ohdear:

Or do you have better sources than I do? Feel free to cite something verified. All this moved quickly, and I didn't just sit online all afternoon.

Edit: well hell, abcnews says that an explosive device was found at the shooting site. If that's true then I guess I'm wrong! To be perfectly fair it's pretty simple to slap together a pipe bomb. Admittedly people don't just have them hanging around for no reason though.

Loucks fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 3, 2015

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Anosmoman posted:

Oh so it's only a minor attack. I was worried for moment but I guess it's fine.

My point was that we can't conclude that these people were gearing up for an inevitable attack based on having black clothes and a couple of guns, but sure, feel free to interpret my post however you like.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Radbot posted:

Is there any evidence that these people are actually Muslim?

Conclusive. But none to prove that their religion was related to the killing.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

There just isn't enough information to know for sure what caused this, but has anyone considered that they were driven mad by the inevitable sleep deprivation due to having a six month old in the house and saw this as a way out?

Personally, I blame the infant.

• Locked thread