Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

well im going to make it deeply unpopular. whenever i hear someone say the word im going to say it back with a real sarcastic retard voice and mock them about it putting it into conversations in a labyrinthine way that doesnt even make sense in the context of the sentence

loving rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Not that I'm trying to be rude or anything but I feel like the OP has actually posted this thread verbatim before. If that was addressed already, never mind. Just though I'd say, good on you for persistence matey.

OP makes all his threads with the slayer tag so i think you mistook it for this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747624 , which was good for a few pages then got unspeakebly bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

well im going to make it deeply unpopular. whenever i hear someone say the word im going to say it back with a real sarcastic retard voice and mock them about it putting it into conversations in a labyrinthine way that doesnt even make sense in the context of the sentence

labyrinthine

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

a metroidvania but you have to draw the map manually like in the Etrian Odyssey games

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

i heard axiom verge was rear end. is this true

Check out Environmental Station Alpha, it is cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

OP makes all his threads with the slayer tag so i think you mistook it for this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747624 , which was good for a few pages then got unspeakebly bad

i seem to attract retard faggots constantly cause im a retard human being

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[in a retard voice that is NOT my normal regular voice] buh durrrr lab...yr-rinth (i start spitting a lot with the th) iiiiinnnne duhh

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[in a retard voice that is NOT my normal regular voice] buh durrrr lab...yr-rinth (i start spitting a lot with the th) iiiiinnnne duhh

You're just making a fool of yourself. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i seem to attract retard faggots constantly cause im a retard human being

Greetings, brother.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

You're just making a fool of yourself. :allears:

scared?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Honestly it's no sweat off my back if labyrinthine is a "lame word". I'll just think of another cool word to say, that's how little it means to me.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Honestly it's no sweat off my back if labyrinthine is a "lame word". I'll just think of another cool word to say, that's how little it means to me.

and not a single gently caress was given... i like your style

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Evil Eagle posted:

starts off alright but the bosses after the first few are poo poo and the world isn't very fun to explore

On the other hand the music in axiom verge is extremely dope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Whoa, what the hell.

It's the only reason I ever briefly held the insane idea of buying an Xbox 360 but now I don't have to.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

ArfJason posted:

another good example from shadow planet, is where they have a skill where its only mechanically complemented in very specific points
the bouncing laser it only works on THESE surfaces but not THESE others its also why i thought the hookshot in zelda was loving gay there is no puzzle its congrats you found the spot

Lol this is Darksiders' lovely portal gun

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

i looked up on wikipedia that sometimes they are called castletroids or igavanias.

it's not much better tho.

i thought these and metroidvania were just used to describe the castlevanias that aped metroid's layout...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

i thought these and metroidvania were just used to describe the castlevanias that aped metroid's layout...

Super Metroid was the first perfect example and then Nintendo spent 20 years not bothering while Konami picked up the slack and made like 8 killer games. So if anything Castlevania should get higher billing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like that super metroid and sotn are put together like that often because metroid feels very carefully designed and sotn feels like an insane kitchen sick mess but theyre both really cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

guacamelee felt real bland to me overall but the power upgrades are pretty cool in that they vastly changed your ability to move around the screen, to the point where one of the extra challenge areas is pretty much learning to climb a sheer wall covered in spikes

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

guacamelee felt real bland to me overall but the power upgrades are pretty cool in that they vastly changed your ability to move around the screen, to the point where one of the extra challenge areas is pretty much learning to climb a sheer wall covered in spikes

it was the first metroidvania i'd played in a long time, so it really clicked with me and i played it in basically one go, but i have no desire to ever play it again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it probably coulda been a completely linear platformer instead of a metroidvania and come off just as well

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Super Metroid was the first perfect example and then Nintendo spent 20 years not bothering while Konami picked up the slack and made like 8 killer games. So if anything Castlevania should get higher billing.

Metroid Fusion?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Konami and nintendo should team up and make a game called Metroidvania.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

Konami and nintendo should team up and make a game called Metroidvania.

This would be awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ninty announces Metroid x Castlevania, later retitled Idol Academy #CV with no clear relation to either series.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Ninty announces Metroid x Castlevania, later retitled Idol Academy #CV with no clear relation to either series.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoro_Belmont

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmao

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

net cafe scandal posted:

please don't

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I think the "vania" is because rondo of blood or castlemania 2 already have some metroidvania elements

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Gimbal lock posted:

Lol this is Darksiders' lovely portal gun

The Portal dungeon in that was pure fail, which was particularly jarring since the rest of the game was decent iirc.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

WHEN GAMES INVADES

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

ArfJason posted:

another good example from shadow planet, is where they have a skill where its only mechanically complemented in very specific points
the bouncing laser it only works on THESE surfaces but not THESE others its also why i thought the hookshot in zelda was loving gay there is no puzzle its congrats you found the spot

yeah as established the hookshot was actually good, double hookshot managed to be more than twice as good.

the REAL travesty was what they did to that awesome skateboard-gear. The boss fight where you jump from track to track remains my favorite zelda moment of all time, too bad you could only use that in like three other spots on the map though.

"LOL you wanted to steampunk-parkour your way through a re-imagined Hyrule that doesn't take 800 dumb hours to walk across like an idiot? Here's a big ole scoop of Epona poo poo for you."

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The Twilight Princess gear is a Zelda travesty of missed opportunity

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Phiz Kalifa.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Twilight Princess is a Zelda travesty of missed opportunity

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sheik is a Zelda travestite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

I was bummed when the spinner didn't do anything on the ground. Why couldn't it just always be a hover board

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I was bummed when the spinner didn't do anything on the ground. Why couldn't it just always be a hover board

it's one of the only reasons I want an action replay.

Dec 26, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

• Locked thread