Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Homey didn't even spell Khalifa right.. Shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kalifa

y'all said you were nerds. pffft.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Phiz Kalifa

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Phiz Kalifa

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shadow Complex for free on PC from shadowcomplex.com. dont know if its the remastered or the original

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's the remastered version. You need to download an Epic Games launcher software and make a special account for it so I'd rather wait to pay for it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's the remastered version. You need to download an Epic Games launcher software and make a special account for it so I'd rather wait to pay for it.

yeah the launchers not even letting me create an account right now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i already downloaded it maybe i should play it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

it probably coulda been a completely linear platformer instead of a metroidvania and come off just as well

yeah, i think that's probably right. the times where you use a power to unlock something you passed earlier are pretty few and far between, and typically involves a lot of boring backtracking.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

metroid fusion is kinda like arkham asylum in that there's no real environmental discovery and is basically ok you have keycard 2 go through door 2
i still liked it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Oi mate, I'm 'havin a laugh playin this Backtracksey

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Exploration Platformer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oooooo whatcha gonna do, when Samus and all her Metroidvaniacs speedrun wild on you, brother

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Matroid Man Randy Savania

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ristolaz posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

No Such Thing posted:

also very glad that 2016 will be the year of la-mulana 2

I donated 170 bucks to the kickstarter so same.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I got to a part of Guacameele where after like fifteen minutes I couldn't figure out where to go in a dungeon and I just wasn't interested enough to continue playing. It was okay I guess.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmao that game is easy as gently caress man. Its also quite good so trybto finish it. My only gripe with guacamelee is that it seemed waaay too polished to allow for sequence breaking without glitches.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i beat it but also thought it was dull

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ArfJason posted:

Lmao that game is easy as gently caress man. Its also quite good so trybto finish it. My only gripe with guacamelee is that it seemed waaay too polished to allow for sequence breaking without glitches.

I think maybe I skipped how some ability worked or something, I remember 2 world shifting (? Idk how it worked but you shifted between a light and dark world in that game i think) pannels and jumping over spikes and I never figured out what to do. I didnt really try all that hard so maybe Ill give it a go again one of these days if it goes on ps+ and I can download it for ps4.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Austrian mook posted:

I think maybe I skipped how some ability worked or something, I remember 2 world shifting (? Idk how it worked but you shifted between a light and dark world in that game i think) pannels and jumping over spikes and I never figured out what to do. I didnt really try all that hard so maybe Ill give it a go again one of these days if it goes on ps+ and I can download it for ps4.

It was already a PS+ game

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pablo Gigante posted:

It was already a PS+ game

Oops, I don't really want to buy it again so I guess it's on the "whenever I can make some space on my console shelf to plug the ps3 back in" list.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid Zero Mission is finally coming to NA VC, tomorrow.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

loving finally. I'm doing a hard mode 100% run first thing.

Edit: No I'm not, you have to beat normal first. drat it.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

jesus finally

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The vapor ware thread just reminded me that Soul Reaver is actually my fav metroidvania

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Benny D posted:

The vapor ware thread just reminded me that Soul Reaver is actually my fav metroidvania

All I remember about that game is that it was bad rear end and a guy says something like "your brother Rahab and his progeny have secreted themselves in the ruins of a half drowned abbey"

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is Valdis story actually good because I can never get more than half an hour in before i never wanna play it again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

I can't wait to play it for the first time.

Dec 26, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

Is Valdis story actually good because I can never get more than half an hour in before i never wanna play it again.

i liked it, it starts rough but gets better later in the game when you have more equipment options and more of those scrolls that let you cancel/dash/whatever. the grading system on bosses is pretty annoying though. also it's only barely a metroidvania

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing the Strider reboot and it's pretty good. Not fantastic but a decent metroidvania type game. It should've had multilingual voice acting like the original though. A missed opportunity.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

mycophobia posted:

I'm playing the Strider reboot and it's pretty good. Not fantastic but a decent metroidvania type game. It should've had multilingual voice acting like the original though. A missed opportunity.

I always thought that was the ps1 remake when I saw it in psn so Im going to buy it now, thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That new strider game is kinda fun but the environments are extremely bland and I never backtracked at all, had more fun playing it as a straight platformer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

01011001 posted:

i liked it, it starts rough but gets better later in the game when you have more equipment options and more of those scrolls that let you cancel/dash/whatever. the grading system on bosses is pretty annoying though. also it's only barely a metroidvania

I hate grading systems that reward you with upgrades, because if you gently caress up on a boss fight it feels like you're forever playing from behind.

• Locked thread