Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
2016 Draft Results and Signings

1.1 SS Bill Hrenchuk - Mephis Lynx Signed $8,250,000
1.3 SP Moosejaw Hockles - Houston Astros Signed $6,600,000
1.4 3B Raul Ordonez - Texas Rangers Signed $5,850,000
1.6 3B Art Vandelay - Philadelphia Phillies Signed $6,270,000
1.7 1B - Föstólfur Eyjafjallajökull - Boston Red Sox Signed $6,600,000
1.16 RF Zak Harov - Tampa Bay Rays Signed $2,340,000
1.21 2B Gretchen "Gretchen 'Gretchen Gretchen' Gretchen" Gretchen - Pittsburgh Pirates Signed $2,000,000
1.22 LF Sam Booty - San Diego Padres Signed $2,200,000
1.3S 1B Sud Belig - Baltimore Orioles Signed $1,600,000
2.10 SS Black Sambo - Arizona Diamondbacks Signed $610,000
3.14 CF Jim Power - Colorado Rockies Signed $230,000
12.2 1B YOST BOT - Austin Sky Signed No Bonus
32.1 RP Mike Bukowski Signed No Bonus
Undrafted! 1B Orkhun Sahin Still Unsigned :(

Every single player signed! Black Sambo definitely improved his position, getting a sweet 610,000 dollars when he probably would have gotten nothing.

Goons have now collectively earned $72,910,000 in signing bonuses, for an average of $3,156,400. Glorious Communist Bear still has the biggest signing bonus at 8.8 million.

Every goon aside from Sahin is now signed and on a minor league team:

A few of you made it up to short season A! Hooray! Let's hope you all actually start getting playing time now. Also note that all of the teams listed above are minor league teams, and may actually belong to different organizations.

R.D. Mangles is involved in our first trade, heading to everyone's favorite dinger team, the Colorado Rockies. Congrats! Too bad none of the dinger-focused first basemen have made it there yet.

One thing I also forgot to do was show who retired at the end of the 2015 season:

LaTroy is no surprise, but the retirement of Ichiro is definitely sad :(. Not listed is everyone's favorite fattie, Barolo Colon, who was injured early in 2015 and forced to retire a bit earlier than he otherwise would have. :rip:

All-Star Game Rosters are Announced

Some of you manage to do things for your minor league teams!

Good work Rusty Unts and New Concept! The best news is that some of you will actually develop as you get playing time.

But then, disaster strikes:

R.D. Mangles is out for the season, though fairly late in it. Injuries at this stage can be bad, especially things like ligaments, and can cause players' potential to tank. Chuck Johnson and Moosejaw also suffer injuries of a few weeks, but they don't make my news feed, which suggests they are more minor.

Nothing else notable happens, and 2016's regular season ends:

2016 Regular Season Standings

The two new expansion teams do alright, managing to avoid last place in their respective divisions. It's tough when your best player is Brandon Beachy.

How'd the playoffs go?

:wow: That would be an amazing World Series. The two teams with the longest World Series droughts met in the 2016 World Series. The Cubs hadn't even been since 1945, winning last in 1908, while the Indians hadn't won since 1948. The Cubs stave off elimination twice to make it to their first World Series in 71 years.

In classic Cub fashion, they blew a 1 run lead in the 9th in game 5, giving the lead to the Indians to make the series 3-2. Neil Ramirez becomes hated in Chicago, while Francisco Lindor becomes a hero in Cleveland.

Baseball continues on, and the suicide rate in Chicago soars.

Some of you are mysteriously promoted in the off season again, but none of you have actually played above AA.

Awards also come in:

2016 Awards
Al Cy Young: Sonny Gray
NL Cy Young: Jose Fernandez

AL MVP: Xander Bogaerts
NL MVP: Joc Peterson

Nothing shocking, until you check out Xander Bogaerts' stats:

:eyepop: Wowza! The stats in red are the ones he leads the league in. He was five home runs away from a triple crown.

Also, Don Mattingly wins his second manager of the year award in a row, with the Dodgers :smug:

Nothing else of interest happens until it's hall of fame time. As proof, here's whats newsworthy:

2016 Hall of Fame Results

2016 sees Manny Ramirez, Vladimir Guerrero, Ivan Rodriguez, and Jorge Posada, among a few others, appear for the first time. Since the voters are terrible, only Manny Ramirez makes it in, but Bonds moves up from 38% to 54%. He's still got five years, and the old farts are dying. Have faith.

The offseason is otherwise somewhat boring. The biggest movers are the Cubs who sign Aroldis Chapman in response to their bullpen disaster in the World Series, alongside SP Brandon Morrow. Carlos Gomez ends up in Arizona, and the Rockies add Gio and a few hitters to bolster their chances. Jake Peavy was apparently the biggest FA in terms of WAR, and goes to Philly. Edwin Encarnacion's signing with the Giants was the biggest of the offseason: 75 million over four years.

And here's how things stand at the start of the 2017 season:

Woo, two of you got to AAA! You haven't actually played any games there yet, but Cash Considerations is in the lineup, so maybe we're on our way to major league action! Only time will tell.

I'll work through the 2017 season tomorrow, and try desperately to get the online league functions working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Jose won Cy Young but didn't make the ASG? He must have had a hell of a second half or everyone else imploded.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Look out world, the next household name is Föstólfur Eyjafjallajökull.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Still stuck in rookie ball, why won't they recognize my talents

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Yost Bot having nearly zero potential is hilarious

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
:canada: :bandwagon:

Get in, Memphis. Numba 1 draft pick is here. Judging by current rate of improvement, I'll only need 60 more years in the minors to get there.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

JosefStalinator posted:

2016 Draft Results and Signings

1.3 SP Moosejaw Hockles - Houston Astros Signed $6,600,000

HOCKLES BUY ALL MAPLE SYRUP AND AXES
HOCKLES WONDER WHY NO QUEEN ON SILLY GREEN MONEY

JosefStalinator posted:

Woo, two of you got to AAA! You haven't actually played any games there yet, but Cash Considerations is in the lineup, so maybe we're on our way to major league action! Only time will tell.

I'll work through the 2017 season tomorrow, and try desperately to get the online league functions working.

HOCKLES NOT IN LIST

:canada:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Hockles posted:

HOCKLES NOT IN LIST

Same :saddowns:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Does ootp not value grit?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JosefStalinator posted:

Not on the list :/

Also how is my guy so significantly worse than everyone else? I thought you were balancing out all those people who wanted their players to be allstars at everything baseball related but they just ended up on top anyway.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Augh why is my potential swinging around so much, dammit.

Also why is Moose losing HoF votes even the virtual BBWAA is a bunch of dickbags.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
yeah, VIctor Raines/Jia-Jung Lin Squires Jr is making the end of year wrapup, but was only on the startup thing at the draft year 1

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I cannot tell you guys how stoked I am that Gretchen "Gretchen 'Gretchen Gretchen' Gretchen" Gretchen got drafted by the Pirates. This is my dreams coming true. And my potential! Wow!

Also, I notice that there was no All-Star 2B for the NL this year. LOOKS LIKE THE DOOR IS OPEN FOR Gretchen "Gretchen 'Gretchen Gretchen' Gretchen" Gretchen

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ALFbrot posted:

Also, I notice that there was no All-Star 2B for the NL this year. LOOKS LIKE THE DOOR IS OPEN FOR Gretchen "Gretchen 'Gretchen Gretchen' Gretchen" Gretchen

You're gonna have to go through Harry :clint:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Sahin better be drafted or he's gonna end up at the Winter meetings with a bad temper and a golf club

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

Sahin better be drafted or he's gonna end up at the Winter meetings with a bad temper and a golf club

Lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No idea what I did, but here's the list with everyone on it:

And since my hosting appears to be completely down (the gently caress did I do?), I'll do a quick post showing your dudes' stats and profiles!

Inspector_666 posted:

Augh why is my potential swinging around so much, dammit.

Also why is Moose losing HoF votes even the virtual BBWAA is a bunch of dickbags.

Like the BBWAA, the league default scout is also trash! Since I'm not on any team, I have to rely on the default scout for all your ratings. Maybe I should join a team and tell my Assistant GM to do everything, but hire a good scout.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 5, 2015

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Jumping in if I still can.

Name: Ex Odor
Nickname:
Position: 2B
Player Type: Good defensive range and ability but poo poo arm, decent speed, contact hitter, gap power but no dingers
Other: hairless - no facial hair, eyebrows or hair. Which I don't think is possible but leave all the beard options off anyway

I love OOTP

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Raul is looking good, can't wait for the debilitating injury to strike him down.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Why the gently caress is a low power high obp high steels defense guy playing first base

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

JosefStalinator posted:

Like the BBWAA, the league default scout is also trash! Since I'm not on any team, I have to rely on the default scout for all your ratings. Maybe I should join a team and tell my Assistant GM to do everything, but hire a good scout.

My overall went up 1 point, though, so I got that going for me!

Exodor posted:

Jumping in if I still can.

Name: Ex Odor
Nickname:
Position: 2B
Player Type: Good defensive range and ability but poo poo arm, decent speed, contact hitter, gap power but no dingers
Other: hairless - no facial hair, eyebrows or hair. Which I don't think is possible but leave all the beard options off anyway

What's your relation to Rougned and Rougned?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why the gently caress is a low power high obp high steels defense guy playing first base

because that's where the team needs him

also love watching the scouting disagreement on glorious communist bear. Is he good, mediocre, bad? No one knows.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

My overall went up 1 point, though, so I got that going for me!

What's your relation to Rougned and Rougned?

None, otherwise he'd be named Rougned

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ALFbrot posted:

None, otherwise he'd be named Rougned

He used to be named Rougned, but after a disagreement he was stripped of his family name.

That's why he's an Ex-Odor

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wild things potential dropped 60 points. Brutal

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I just hope Jim Power can get promoted at some point.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zapplez posted:

Wild things potential dropped 60 points. Brutal

Don't lose hope! There will be wild swings, because OOTP's scout sucks. Also realize that all of your ratings take into account your position - 1B's are underrated, while 2B/SS and other defensively valuable positions are overrated. You get a lot of value from being able to play something aside from 1B/DH.

Explosionface posted:

I just hope Jim Power can get promoted at some point.

I still hate you for choosing low power and getting drafted by the Rockies.

Player profiles forthcoming shortly.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Jim Power's empty-average skillset will probably translate into a dozen home runs per season in Coors' Field all the same, because Coors' Field.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In lieu of my hosting working...

I took your picture requests very literally.

Meet Our Goons

A true Nordic prince.

:swoon: So dreamy.

Dingers or bust. At least he can play a good COF.

More dingers, less defense.

At shortstop, Ordonez is going to be very valuable, even if his defense is middling.

Pure offense, gonna be a 1B/DH for many years to come. Just gotta figure out how to get traded to the Rockies.

"Japanese" "the most depressed-looking portrait"

He'll win the World Series in five games.

Decent outfield defense, some of the best power potential of the bunch. Going to be a TTO guy though, from the looks of it.

:eyepop: That stuff! Also that arsenal, so many good pitches, Kesus. Too bad his control is poo poo, may end up being relegated to closer/relief pitcher.

A++ name, B+ pitcher.

He will never strike out, at least.

Cash Money's being retooled as an SS, because the Giants need one more.

Mr. Bear redistributes every pitch from home plate to the bleachers.

"No Beard/Moustache. Righty. Born in San Francisco. Is very handsome." :swoon:

His name's ironic.

:pirate:

Seems decent enough, maybe not star material though.

BEEP BOOP GET ON BASE, STEAL BASE. (He's actually good at bunting no idea why this scout doesn't recognize that).

:mediocre:

Trade with one of the power guys so you can go to SF and and slap a million triples, or something.

"Your resume is... impressive, for a 19 year old. You could have had a white collar career, Mr. Belig :downs:"

"Why did my parents name me Dick Trickle"

Has AIDS.

Always tries his best! Just don't expect him to sign!

Heh, even his fastball is losing its value. :rip:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
You'd figure I would have a better eye/discipline rating given my K rate, but whatever, I'm gonna be the first black jewish major leaguer! Book it!

(My offensive potential looks pretty good overall, actually.)

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
"Introverted personality"

"Injury history: Fragile"

Stop doxxing me ootp16

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

JosefStalinator posted:

Meet Our Goons

:swoon: So dreamy.

HOCKLES CATFISHED.
THIS NOT HOCKLES.

THIS HOCKLES.

Clinkster
Sep 9, 2012
Name: Jackson McGee
Nickname: Sweetfeet
Position: Shortstop
Player type: gotta go fast
Other: As close to looking like this guy as possible... http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/profile-shot-pizza-delivery-guy-running-isolated-white-background-43733747.jpg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cash is actually a pretty decent 2B, nice.

Also I just turned scouting off when I ran it last time for maximum accuracy. Not that leaving it on is a bad idea, of course.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Cash is actually a pretty decent 2B, nice.

Also I just turned scouting off when I ran it last time for maximum accuracy. Not that leaving it on is a bad idea, of course.

I'm going to leave it on so teams have uncertainty in valuing players, and so we are all uncertain JUST how valuable our goons are. I actually know some of your ~~true potential~~ but I am not going to tell!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
DINGERS

OR

BUST

Idiot Wind
Sep 10, 2007

We hope anyone sees you again...

JosefStalinator posted:

"Your resume is... impressive, for a 19 year old. You could have had a white collar career, Mr. Belig :downs:"

I gave up a career as team owner commissioner a normal office person like all of you for this

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Ordonez is supposed to be from Venezuela, but other than that he looks like just the guy I was looking for. Mash some taters, Raul.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JosefStalinator posted:

Heh, even his fastball is losing its value. :rip:

Maaan.

Bukowski was supposed to be born in Pittsburgh, his nickname was "The Big Burrito", and he was supposed to be a big fat Polish guy who threw a 2 seam right down the pipe as his only pitch. Why does he have such high movement, such low stuff, and didn't get the stat bump from being specialized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Ordonez is supposed to be from Venezuela, but other than that he looks like just the guy I was looking for. Mash some taters, Raul.

Doh, I'll fix it!

Hockles posted:

HOCKLES CATFISHED.
THIS NOT HOCKLES.

THIS HOCKLES.

IT WILL
BE FIXED
BASED HOCKLES

Doltos posted:

Maaan.

Bukowski was supposed to be born in Pittsburgh, his nickname was "The Big Burrito", and he was supposed to be a big fat Polish guy who threw a 2 seam right down the pipe as his only pitch. Why does he have such high movement, such low stuff, and didn't get the stat bump from being specialized?

Aww I thought Biceps was a good name so I kept it :(. As for his build, I did what you said and took out all other pitches and gave him a boost to his fastball, and took away movement. The problem is this - it's a terrible build that he's actively trying to develop away from regardless of what I do, since the trainers are probably telling him to! Also I think you just got bad dice rolls (by the game, not me) and your fastball lost some of its oomph :(. Believe it or not, throwing a really fast fastball down the middle is a bad strategy!

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 6, 2015

• Locked thread