Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Name: Simon MacGregor
Nickname: Little Time Sim Sam
Position: 3B
Player Type: Contact out the rear end and a bit of fielding. XBH are for scrubs.
Other: Hair is blonde, beard is the longest goatee you can find. Brother to ace closer Rob MacGregor of the Istanbul Constantinoples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

JosefStalinator posted:

The playoffs are certainly wacky (Marlins??? A's???, but of course STL still makes it), but that's not the most notable aberration of this universe. Is it Brett Lawrie leading the AL in WAR and the likely MVP? No. Is it Buster Posey leading the Giants to a probably MVP, alongside Brandon Belt who led the league with 113 RBI's while the pitching collapsed? Nope.

It's the return of the Freak himself, Big Time Timmy Jim:

Apparently all the Giants had to do was send Timmy back down to AAA for half a season!

:allears: This is the best universe, Dodgers winning the World Series be damned.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Inspector_666 posted:

What does the little fire emote mean on the list?

Fire means that they're on a hot streak, and the little snowflake means a cold streak.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Simon went to Boston Latin? Neat. Though his Low Intelligence is kind of worrying, taking his school into account.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Houston? drat you, prospect shuffling!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

ALFbrot posted:

I've been in rookie ball for four seasons and my player page has no starts since 2017. Is this normal?

The player pages aren't updated:

JosefStalinator posted:

No it doesn't change - the problem is that I haven't updated the pages in two seasons. It takes hours and I keep forgetting when I go to sleep or go do things, but I'll do a round tonight and it'll be up to date.

Though being in R at 24 is kind of disconcerting. Your potential dropped like a loving rock, and I don't think we can just write that off from the scout being poo poo.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Doltos posted:

Holy gently caress I didn't even see that. So my guy literally either strikes you out or makes sure you're on base with no inbetween. He's got like a .224 average against too this is insane.

You've created a monster - a TTO pitcher. Though in this case we'd have to refer to the Two True Outcomes - the only thing missing is that his loving bonkers GB% (67% - which is absolutely insane) keeps him from giving up dingers.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, made the majors, at 24 no less! Time to Matt Duffy my way into the lineup.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Seattle? Christ, the weather just gets shittier every time. At least it's going to be time to get paid soon.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

God damnit, all this moving isn't good for ones career! Toronto doesn't seem too bad, but still, spending your real formative years going from team to team is not good, and it shows!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Great. All that trading and I end up a bench warmer. gently caress.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Yaaaay, a ring! :woop: Too bad that it seems like Simon's offensive potential is falling off a cliff, though.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

:rip: Little Time Sim Sam, well on the way to becoming a permanent replacement player. Still kind of starting, but not for long, I'd wager.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

God drat, this is just getting worse and worse. Now Simon is turning into a terrible journeyman.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Well, looks like Simon's a shoe-in for the Goon Journeyman Award for Most Teams Played For. That's another two new teams... I think? He might have been in STL before, now that I think about it.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Well, at least MacGregor is a 3B, which has a bit of that positional value to i- never mind he's a 1B now. :rip:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Dat .400 BABIP for MacGregor, tho. He's probably going to crash and burn pretty quick now.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Oh man, the excitement. Two more goons left, who will be the last one standing? It would be fitting for it to be MacGregor, being the ultimate journeyman with a massive career but no actual success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Clearly, MacGregor, being a Scot, and Fostolfur, having Viking roots, bonded over being the last two goons remaining, went out one night and then got so absolutely hammered that whatever happened afterwards made MLB have them quietly "retire" on that day.

• Locked thread